Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome Back Campaign!

Kayn33Kayn33 Member Posts: 20

Latest letter from the Producer has revealed the Welcome Back Campaign - all former FFXIV players get a free 10 day trial from May 9th to May 20th. As a returning subscriber myself I hope you guys decide to take a peek; after all, it's free. ^^ 

Here's the link for more info:

http://sqex.to/-EC

Comments

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Also Yoshi-P announced a Legacy campaign aswell which looks amazing.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Sigh, right during D3 launch week.

And right after TERA release. 

Not the best time.

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552
    I might take a peek after the 2.0 patch if they make the same offer.  I still feel sick to my stomach when I see my FFXIV collector's edition at the bottom of my closet.
  • smithdagsmithdag Member Posts: 4

Honestly guys, ffxiv is very enjoyable now.  They just released the new garuda fight which is awesome, new recipes, and hamlet defense.  i started playing again in january, and i have not put it down since. I also bought the collectors edition, and i stop playing it a week after launch.  The game is very good and only getting better now.  The welcome back event is the perfect opportunity to see it for yourselves.  If it had been this way at launch, it would have been a great launch.

here is a look at the new garuda fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC7qcJcmzfQ

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701
    as soon as they re-do the interface to make it play like other mmo's on the pc ill fire it up again. Until then i won't touch it. I could'nt stand the controls.
  • ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by smithdag

Honestly guys, ffxiv is very enjoyable now.  They just released the new garuda fight which is awesome, new recipes, and hamlet defense.  i started playing again in january, and i have not put it down since. I also bought the collectors edition, and i stop playing it a week after launch.  The game is very good and only getting better now.  The welcome back event is the perfect opportunity to see it for yourselves.  If it had been this way at launch, it would have been a great launch.

here is a look at the new garuda fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC7qcJcmzfQ

Fair enough. 

Did they add mailboxes or an auction house yet?  (not being a smartass here)  I've been down the road of "It's so much better than when i launched and it's only getting better!" more times than I care to admit.  I truly wanted to love this game and it truly broke my heart.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    let me get this straight...they want you to subscribe to this train wreck?
  • SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    No, they want you to subscribe to 2.0. But they have something special for you if you subscribe now.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Satimasu

No, they want you to subscribe to 2.0. But they have something special for you if you subscribe now.

Don't know why you start with a "no", since you actually confirms they DO want you to subscribe now.

OT:

As Ioeslain said, the timing is terrible, they should have done this a little earlier, or waited till sometimes in June instead. I might check it out, at least that annoying fanboy lurking around here 24/7 can't keep on accusing me for not knowing what's changed if I do (you know who I'm taling about, there's only one).

@ Smithdag:

Garuda, hamlet defense and a few more recipes, that's not enough to turn this trainwrek into a good game, that's just bs. Garuda isn't for low lvls, don't know anything about hamlet, and crafting is this game is the worst system I've ever experienced in any game ever. If that's all you can list to try luring players in, then I doubt anyone will bite. And the current state of the game would NOT have made a "great launch", if that was true, SE would have re-launched it now and not waited for 2.0. Poor attempt, try again, please.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

Standby for the pitchforked reviews and hate again, fanboys...

You want second chance for your game... standby for FFXIV Reviews Part 2

Originally posted by Netspook

Don't know why you start with a "no", since you actually confirms they DO want you to subscribe now.

OT:

As Ioeslain said, the timing is terrible, they should have done this a little earlier, or waited till sometimes in June instead. I might check it out, at least that annoying fanboy lurking around here 24/7 can't keep on accusing me for not knowing what's changed if I do (you know who I'm taling about, there's only one).

@ Smithdag:

Garuda, hamlet defense and a few more recipes, that's not enough to turn this trainwrek into a good game, that's just bs. Garuda isn't for low lvls, don't know anything about hamlet, and crafting is this game is the worst system I've ever experienced in any game ever. If that's all you can list to try luring players in, then I doubt anyone will bite. And the current state of the game would NOT have made a "great launch", if that was true, SE would have re-launched it now and not waited for 2.0. Poor attempt, try again, please.

So no matter how much content they actually add, and if all of it was good, it's still not worth playing? Gotcha'. Those weren't the only things added for the patch, and this isn't the only content that they just added in the game since 2010.

All they're trying to do is gain the trust back of those "burned" by the release. They've turned it into something decent. They could have launched with this and have been way better off. Just because they have to basically remake the game to add what they want, doesn't mean the game can't be good until then. They've done a great job with what they had to work with, which isn't much. I still wonder how they imposed all those limitations on themselves and expected to be able to expand this game effectively...

Like I said, they're just trying to build up trust, so that even if you don't sub, you know they're working hard and 2.0 might just be something to look forward to. They've already said they're going to 2.0 whether they have anyone playing or not. You don't even have to keep playing to 2.0 beta to get Legacy Status, only three months, and not even three months straight.

Originally posted by FleshMask

Standby for the pitchforked reviews and hate again, fanboys...

You want second chance for your game... standby for FFXIV Reviews Part 2

Good for you.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

So many change that the terrain is still copy and pasted... and they are having population problems.

yeah, who are you fooling? Look in the mirror... it's you.

So many change that the terrain is still copy and pasted... and they are having population problems.

That's nice.

• Kayn33Kayn33 Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by ghostinfinit

Fair enough. 

Did they add mailboxes or an auction house yet?  (not being a smartass here)  I've been down the road of "It's so much better than when i launched and it's only getting better!" more times than I care to admit.  I truly wanted to love this game and it truly broke my heart.

No mailboxes. There's a search you can use through the various merchant wards. In the latest patch you can search through other city-state merchant wards from any of the others, as well as search through text, just typing in the item you want without having to go through the categories.

As for others, it's far from perfect. It has flaws, obvious latency, it's a bit top-heavy, etc but it's slowly improving and if 2.0 keeps the promises made so far it could be quite enjoyable. At the end of the day, trying it out during Welcome Back Campaign days is free, so figured some people might have wanted to know. 

EDIT: Link for ppl interested in what those 2.0 promises are: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/38201-Coming-in-Version-2.0%21

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by Kayn33

Originally posted by ghostinfinit

Fair enough. 

No mailboxes. There's a search you can use through the various merchant wards. In the latest patch you can search through other city-state merchant wards from any of the others, as well as search through text, just typing in the item you want without having to go through the categories.

As for others, it's far from perfect. It has flaws, obvious latency, it's a bit top-heavy, etc but it's slowly improving and if 2.0 keeps the promises made so far it could be quite enjoyable. At the end of the day, trying it out during Welcome Back Campaign days is free, so figured some people might have wanted to know. 

EDIT: Link for ppl interested in what those 2.0 promises are: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/38201-Coming-in-Version-2.0%21

It's definitely worth checking out. And while everyone else is busying reading their crystal ball about what game will or will not be the second coming of christ himself, I sit back and enjoy my time in FFXIV.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    I stuck with FFXIV from launch until they tried to charge the sub fee when it was still far from finished. I'll never go back.

Originally posted by Xzen

I stuck with FFXIV from launch until they tried to charge the sub fee when it was still far from finished. I'll never go back.

That's too bad.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by Xzen

That's too bad.

I agree. I get hundreds of hours of gaming from FFXIV for $9.99/month. At least until I max out all jobs/crafts and have all of the gear, which will never happen. It's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

This was going to be my game ...

during beta however i noticed soooo many things that were wrong that it made me almost cry ...

i made post after post after post with things they should fix before they should even be thinking about launching ..

then they launched and we know the rest

Originally posted by Djildjamesh

This was going to be my game ...

during beta however i noticed soooo many things that were wrong that it made me almost cry ...

i made post after post after post with things they should fix before they should even be thinking about launching ..

then they launched and we know the rest

Does that mean you'll be checking out the free week for 1.0 and/or free month of 2.0?

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

I'm not a FF fanboy or anything. I actually hated this game when I played during beta, but as far as reusing a few boulder models here and there...you do realize that WoW reuses entire maps for many areas, right?

Of all the issues this game had (and still has) this one is just a hater's desperate grasping at straws.

Originally posted by Netspook

OT:

@ Smithdag:

So no matter how much content they actually add, and if all of it was good, it's still not worth playing? Gotcha'. Those weren't the only things added for the patch, and this isn't the only content that they just added in the game since 2010.

All they're trying to do is gain the trust back of those "burned" by the release. They've turned it into something decent. They could have launched with this and have been way better off. Just because they have to basically remake the game to add what they want, doesn't mean the game can't be good until then. They've done a great job with what they had to work with, which isn't much. I still wonder how they imposed all those limitations on themselves and expected to be able to expand this game effectively...

Like I said, they're just trying to build up trust, so that even if you don't sub, you know they're working hard and 2.0 might just be something to look forward to. They've already said they're going to 2.0 whether they have anyone playing or not. You don't even have to keep playing to 2.0 beta to get Legacy Status, only three months, and not even three months straight.

Like the kiddies say, "Haters gonna hate".

He obviously doesn't know the "current state of the game" if he doesn't play it.

As someone who was painfully disappointed during beta and at launch, I have to say having come back to the game about a week ago, its much improved. Still a ways to go, but much improved.

I've been spending most of my time crafting (being the craftoholic that I am). I'll agree that it was pretty grueling at launch, but the crafting is much improved over what it was, which he would also know if he'd actually tried the game recently.

My big problem right now is trying to find a linkshell that will accept newbies.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    If you're on Aegis... ask for invite from Grover Eyeveen.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Im very tempted by this offer, but I think I will wait for 2.0 before I return to FFXIV.
  • FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by ZizouX

If you're on Aegis... ask for invite from Grover Eyeveen.

Thanks but I'm on...Excalibur...I think...