Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you are canceling your pre-orders?

Comments

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119
    well i dont know what everyone else is smoking, but GW2 is a complete redesign of most MMO elements to me. everything in the game is done differently. ffs, its DE's are better than Skyrim's PVE. it will be the first true pvp MMO.
  • miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Originally posted by sonoggi

well i dont know what everyone else is smoking, but GW2 is a complete redesign of most MMO elements to me. everything in the game is done differently. ffs, its DE's are better than Skyrim's PVE. it will be the first true pvp MMO.

I want whatever you are smoking!

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Nice to see the vast majority are in for the long haul. Possibly the best pvp I have experienced in many many years.

A lot of games see constant hate on MMORGP.com, but GW2 is not going to slow down for them. This game is an instant hit.

• yumpinyiminiyumpinyimini Member UncommonPosts: 81
    I've never understood the childish need of those who wish for a game- that is not their favorite- to fail.  Here's hoping SWTOR keeps growing and evolving, and that GW2 turns out to be great!  The more successful games we have to choose from..the better.
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Sorry but there's no way in hell GW2 is more of a PvP mmo than EVE :p.

The game seems fun - I like that the DE content scales depending on how many people are present.

What I would like to know about the combat in GW2 is - Can I be equally effective never using the tab key, ever?

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Originally posted by Amjoco

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by Amjoco
    I'm confused on some of these answers to the poll. Is this pre-orders or pre-purchases. Apparently people are not sure of the question because if you pre-ordered you didn't do the beta. The poll is probably not very reliable to begin with but surely is fubar now. :(
    I just picked pre-order because I thought he intended to put pre-purchase.

Well then my edited question comes back up! I thought once you used your registration key you could not cancel. That was the last I had heard. ;)

The people that say they are gonna cancel after this weekend either don't realize that they already paid for it and won't be getting a refund, or they know they already paid and think they'll be getting a refund. What do I think will happen? I actually think that Anet will refund these people because then you'll have less whiners in-game and on their forums, and you won't have people on forums screaming about how Anet screwed them and how they're gonna have a class action lawsuit bullshit etc, etc... If it were my company at least, that's what I'd do.

Most likely though, they won't get a refund, and they'll call up their bank to dispute the charges, and get shot down, and then they'll play the game anyways for years.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I will definitely be recommending this game to anyone.  This game is A+ in my books.
  • beej1986beej1986 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Originally posted by -Zeno-

Just curious to see if anyone is canceling their pre-order after this last beta event.

This poll is so tilted to hate on GW2 its not even funny.  [mod edit]

CENTER]image[/CENTER]

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by helthros

The game seems fun - I like that the DE content scales depending on how many people are present.

What I would like to know about the combat in GW2 is - Can I be equally effective never using the tab key, ever?

EVE and Shadowbane - it is gone but it was a true PvP MMO.

Currently bored with MMO's.

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Originally posted by mikahr

Originally posted by Schockey

I love reading all the ridiculous posts lol. I have played most of the big MMOS, just recently cancelled SWTOR. Looking for that next great MMO is like trying to recapture your 1st Buzz!! The 1st mmo you played and stayed with will always be the one.

Hate to say it, but thats bunch of BS :)

I agree with what he said. Many ppl want that 1st mmo feeling all over again. And it wont happen. I really liked GW2 thou, saw a game i didnt see for long time and i hope it will be my mmo for the next years.

But i dont except it to be a completely diferent game, thats impossible or it wouldnt even be an mmo anymore. I think GW2 inovated and evolved, and will probably change some things in upcoming mmos.

I laugh at posts like "this is feature a copy of swtor, this was a copy of wow, this feature a copy of warhamer", like it was the worse thing they could do... All this games are MMOs!

You REALLY think they could change everything from previous MMOs? Would it even be an MMO if they did that?

About this topic:

I dont know anyone that actually pre-ordered the game, and was able to play this weekend, canceling it.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Yes you can. If you want to aim your attack, then you aim. If your target is still in the way, your spell will hit. Regardless of if you hit tab or not, if your target moves, your spell will not hit.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

No. You can't.

• beej1986beej1986 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Originally posted by RKameL

I love reading all the ridiculous posts lol. I have played most of the big MMOS, just recently cancelled SWTOR. Looking for that next great MMO is like trying to recapture your 1st Buzz!! The 1st mmo you played and stayed with will always be the one.

I agree with what he said. Many ppl want that 1st mmo feeling all over again. And it wont happen. I really liked GW2 thou, saw a kind of game that i didnt see for some time and i hope it will be my mmo for the next years.

But i dont except it to be a completely diferent game, thats impossible or it wouldnt even be an mmo anymore. I also thing GW2 inovated and evolved, and will probably change some things in upcoming mmos.

I laugh at posts like this is feature a copy of swtor, this was a copy of wow, this feature a copy of warhamer, like it was the worse thing they could do... All this games are MMOs!

You REALLY think they could change everything from previous MMOs? Would it even be an MMO if they did that?

About this topic:

I dont know anyone that actually pre-ordered the game, and was able to play this weekend, canceling it.

I disagree. GW2 gives me that first mmo feeling. Gw2 really brought me into the game. I lost myself in it while i was playing.

CENTER]image[/CENTER]

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by kanezfan

What I would like to know about the combat in GW2 is - Can I be equally effective never using the tab key, ever

Yes you can. If you want to aim your attack, then you aim. If your target is still in the way, your spell will hit. Regardless of if you hit tab or not, if your target moves, your spell will not hit.

IT's possible to do, but you won't be nearly as effective.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well then my edited question comes back up! I thought once you used your registration key you could not cancel. That was the last I had heard. ;)

The people that say they are gonna cancel after this weekend either don't realize that they already paid for it and won't be getting a refund, or they know they already paid and think they'll be getting a refund. What do I think will happen? I actually think that Anet will refund these people because then you'll have less whiners in-game and on their forums, and you won't have people on forums screaming about how Anet screwed them and how they're gonna have a class action lawsuit bullshit etc, etc... If it were my company at least, that's what I'd do.

Most likely though, they won't get a refund, and they'll call up their bank to dispute the charges, and get shot down, and then they'll play the game anyways for years.

lmao, that last sentence says it all. A+ The banks are their saviors! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

My room mate prepurchased.  I tried it and didn't like it at all(I hadn't read up much on it, but because of the hype I really expected to love it).  The low fps gave me such a bad migrane but aside from that, I hated the limited skills to weapons, I hated the "dynamic" events( I got to level 6 with 4 different characters and found myself aimlessly walking around looking for stuff that would level me as I had done all the heart things for my level, the only ones I could do were higher ones where the mobs would face roll me.  So all I could do was grind to level..........), I hated the fact that you could teleport around, I hated the fact that there was a loading screen between zone and the big city and ; finaly, I hated the fact that you don't really progress, as it's not loot based and it's barely level based, you only complete content for the sake of it, meaning that there isn't much longevity to the game for me.  Still, it's not bad considering there is no monthly fee. 

I loved the character creation though, the map was pretty cool too.

The hype was so huge I was expecting the same feeling vanilla WoW gave me; I was hugely dissapointed.

I haven't played a MMO in almost 2 years now, I thought this would be the one that would rake me back in, sadly not .

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by yumpinyimini

I've never understood the childish need of those who wish for a game- that is not their favorite- to fail.  Here's hoping SWTOR keeps growing and evolving, and that GW2 turns out to be great!  The more successful games we have to choose from..the better.

For SWTOR....i dont want it to fail. I just want it to do very badly.

Why? Because its time for companies and devs to learn that copying same game over and over is not:

a) way to success

b) good for customers (when 200+m MMO (production+marketing costs) manages to only copy WoW...doesnt bode well)

No, we dont need 1500000000 WoW copies, if you want to play WoW - play WoW.

Some of us would like new rereshing and innovative game once in a while, thats not 10k indie game ( support indie games BTW, its only part of games area thats still innovative and made from/for passion and not for/from monies) :)

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

Originally posted by yumpinyimini

Marry me! What *is* up with all the sadists wanting other MMOs to fail?

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400

Originally posted by Charlizzard

Oh boy, this thread is going to turn out so well.

And out of curiosity OP, since you're clearly a fan of SWTOR, why did you make this post?

this^^

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

havent preordered it - but i will be :)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by QuicklyScott

My room mate prepurchased.  I tried it and didn't like it at all(I hadn't read up much on it, but because of the hype I really expected to love it).  The low fps gave me such a bad migrane but aside from that, I hated the limited skills to weapons, I hated the "dynamic" events( I got to level 6 with 4 different characters and found myself aimlessly walking around looking for stuff that would level me as I had done all the heart things for my level, the only ones I could do were higher ones where the mobs would face roll me.  So all I could do was grind to level..........), I hated the fact that you could teleport around, I hated the fact that there was a loading screen between zone and the big city and ; finaly, I hated the fact that you don't really progress, as it's not loot based and it's barely level based, you only complete content for the sake of it, meaning that there isn't much longevity to the game for me.  Still, it's not bad considering there is no monthly fee. 

I loved the character creation though, the map was pretty cool too.

The hype was so huge I was expecting the same feeling vanilla WoW gave me; I was hugely dissapointed.

I haven't played a MMO in almost 2 years now, I thought this would be the one that would rake me back in, sadly not .

So did you cancel your order?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263

Originally posted by beej1986

I agree with what he said. Many ppl want that 1st mmo feeling all over again. And it wont happen. I really liked GW2 thou, saw a kind of game that i didnt see for some time and i hope it will be my mmo for the next years.

But i dont except it to be a completely diferent game, thats impossible or it wouldnt even be an mmo anymore. I also thing GW2 inovated and evolved, and will probably change some things in upcoming mmos.

I laugh at posts like this is feature a copy of swtor, this was a copy of wow, this feature a copy of warhamer, like it was the worse thing they could do... All this games are MMOs!

About this topic:

I disagree. GW2 gives me that first mmo feeling. Gw2 really brought me into the game. I lost myself in it while i was playing.

It also really brought me into the game, on friday i went to bed at 8am without even noticing the hours and it didnt happen to me for a long time. But i mean, the 1st mmo you get "addicted" is always diferent even if it was much worse. Thats just my point of view.

Well, i understood what he meant but also understood what you said, i was there too :)

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398
    The banks used to purchase GW2 will honor the charge back, it's very easy to get credit for a purchase these days.
  • VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by beej1986

About this topic:

It also really brought me into the game, on friday i went to bed at 8am without even noticing the hours and it didnt happen to me for a long time. But i mean, the 1st mmo you get "addicted" is always diferent even if it was much worse. Thats just my point of view.

Well, i understood what he meant but also understood what you said, i was there too :)

It's called the "honeymoon phase" it will wear off in a month or two after release.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

This thread is quite laughable...

6% say they are cancelling...what is that? 7 people? of those 7, prob half are full of shit, so that makes 3

Whoa! hope Anet doesnt get wind of this. This could cripple them financially, and seriously jeapordize the release.