Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a few screenshots =]

Comments

• hpistihpisti Member UncommonPosts: 78

Originally posted by RodimusPrime

Originally posted by Eir_S

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

imageOk, here.

Awwwwww.. if I had a daughter, I know I would give her Tera for her birthday.

This isn't much better:

http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/images/screenshots/asura/asura-01.jpg

Well, they are quite different.

One is a 6-year old looking girl in a mini-dress and bunny ears.

The other is a goblin-looking fantasy creature.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Originally posted by colddog04

Here's a few actually well taken screenshots:

http://www.guildmag.com/wp-content/uploads/Lions-Arch-04.jpg

http://www.guildmag.com/wp-content/uploads/Lions-Arch-05.jpg

http://www.guildmag.com/wp-content/uploads/Lions-Arch-10.jpg

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/4/4b/2010_May_Garden_1.jpg

http://nerd.tanklikeagirl.com/files/2012/04/streets-dvr.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b1/Divinity%27s_Reach.jpg

There are a lot more, but the art direction in the game is glorious.

Anyone else suffer from withdrawel after seeing these pics?  Good shots man and much appreciated. I haven't had an interest in even looking up Tera information but if you came into a thread and expected to get agreement that it is superior in graphics they may be hard to come by. That shot you posted was not that impressive.

@Requiamer you need to check your mail.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

Looks like crap compared to Tera.

it is personal taste of course but it sounds really funny when you say such an argument, i played both, gw2 looks much better in max settings, tera looks amazing as well but it lacks the artistic style gw 2has.  

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

imageOk, here.

This isn't much better:

Oh yes it is lol

I'll take the Asura over these guys any day lol. He needs a little heart or rainbow on his chest so he can do the stare right........

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Here's just a random screenshot I took during the 10 min I was able to play (they're having some server issues today).

I really don't see where the OP is saying GW2's level of detail is so much better than say Tera.  There's tons of little details, just look all around the picture.

Plus it performs superbly with the graphics, which is something no American company besides blizzard has been able to pull off.

what?!?! WoW looks like crap.. how can you even make this statement with a straight face? I wonder if you think SWTOR looks good too because I just dont find plastic, flat aestetics with poor graphics good. ALso don't forget Tera ISNT a new game its been out for a year in Asia. So you really can't compare the performance. WoW ran like utter sh!t until about mid BC and Tera has had all that time to make the game work well with different comps. 

GW2 ran great for me and once my husband turned off shadows it worked well for him too and out systems are a steady medium. The game looked great and so does Tera for different reasons. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

imageOk, here.

This isn't much better:

I wasn't talking about better in that post, I was talking about cuter.  Tera's characters are roly poly little kitten headed midgets and little girls would love them because they're adorable.

Asura are kind of scary in a "I'll bite your kneecaps" kind of way.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Originally posted by hpisti

Tera is finished, this one is CB.

Also, as mentioned in their dev notes, this version had high-res textures disabled, the engine was optimized for CPU only and used Dx9 only.

Well that makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is everyone saying "Oh wow that's beautiful" when clearly it's crap.

I guess people are just seeing things through gw2 fanboi glasses or something.

Sounds like you're on a mission...

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Originally posted by Amjoco

Originally posted by hpisti

Tera is finished, this one is CB.

Also, as mentioned in their dev notes, this version had high-res textures disabled, the engine was optimized for CPU only and used Dx9 only.

Well that makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is everyone saying "Oh wow that's beautiful" when clearly it's crap.

I guess people are just seeing things through gw2 fanboi glasses or something.

Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.

For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.

based on your post history...you should have been banned repeatedly for all the negative comments you kept posting about rift, tera, etc.

Originally posted by miagisan

Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.

For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.

based on your post history...you should have been banned repeatedly for all the negative comments you kept posting about rift, tera, etc.

Maybe he has, who knows?  I'm seriously glad all the Tera and TOR fanboys are showing up though, how is your petty revenge tasting guys?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Maybe he has, who knows?  I'm seriously glad all the Tera and TOR fanboys are showing up though, how is your petty revenge tasting guys?

Is it truly revenge or simply jealousy?

I'm not sure, but over the weekend the true personalities of some of these people came to the surface, admitting it was great that GW2 fans were getting what they deserved.  It's pathetic and even then, after Friday the response to the Beta became overwhelmingly positive, but still they try.  I've said it before, grow up.

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Is it truly revenge or simply jealousy?

or neither? i just like pointing out hypocrisy. And honestly....Tera fans have no right either invading a GW2 forum promoting their own game neither. But their fanboi-ism has not reached the GW2 fevered pitch yet. And i am an avid GW fan.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I believe the flaming troll torch is slowly being extinguished. The cold grey ashes of humility are beginning to fill their eyes with tears.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

I believe the flaming troll torch is slowly being extinguished. The cold grey ashes of humility are beginning to fill their eyes with tears.

Then when they inevitably get banned for crashing threads like this, they'll probably be going "Ha!  I got banned but I showed them, I showed them how poorly they behaved"

The irony is thick.  For fuck's sakes this is simply a thread about screenshots and anti-GW2 people couldn't even help themselves.

Humiltiy for what? Some of us are fans of multiple games...and are gamers and let others enjoy their games. 

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Then when they inevitably get banned for crashing threads like this, they'll probably be going "Ha!  I got banned but I showed them, I showed them how poorly they behaved"

The irony is thick.  For fuck's sakes this is simply a thread about screenshots and anti-GW2 people couldn't even help themselves.

as you can plainly see from my post i clearly said Tera fans had no right being in this thread either.

And maybe Eir wasn't talking to you. You were not quoted and unles you are guilty for doing what was mentioned this weekend, it's safe to say she was not talking about you either.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

imageOk, here.

This isn't much better:

I wasn't talking about better in that post, I was talking about cuter.  Tera's characters are roly poly little kitten headed midgets and little girls would love them because they're adorable.

Asura are kind of scary in a "I'll bite your kneecaps" kind of way.

too bad they are sexualized and have the voices of mature women to boot. NOT the type of thing you want to let a child even look at.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by Amjoco [Mod Edit]

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

There's never a dull moment on these boards!

The MMO Dead Horse making the rounds through GW2 vs Tera thread.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

imageOk, here.

Hmm, where have I seen this art style before...

Oh NOW I remember,  this is the original art style from Lineage 3 which the former NCSoft employees that founded BlueHole Studios who, in fact, literally stole all the original art, game engine, IP and is currently being sued by NCSoft right? Oh... So THAT's why TERA bombed in Korea?

Meh, who cares right?

Honestly, the original L3 team could do a much better job than this. The houses in the background look like they're from WoW.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

Originally posted by StoneRoses

There's never a dull moment on these boards!

The MMO Dead Horse making the rounds through GW2 vs Tera thread.

And man can that horse get around!  ZOMBIE STEED, RIDE!

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

[Mod Edit]

So anyway, I enjoyed finding that spot in Lion's Arch as well. I also noticed that the karma vender at the top of that platform sold Gold weapons, the stats on those things looked amazing. Pity they were level 40 :( I don't think anyone got high enough to see what they looked like. Only 9.8k karma if I remember correctly. At 30 when the beta ended, I was sitting on over 5k karma ~after~ buying trinkets and recipes. Nice to know people will be able to afford some nice equip just from the effort of playing, rather than grinding.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

imageOk, here.

is this from a new Barbie movie? because thats the first i thought

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

Originally posted by Banisco

imageOk, here.

is this from a new Barbie movie? because thats the first i thought

Funny you say that. The oversaturated colors and cutesy mobs partly killed my Tera experience. And this is coming from someone who dealt with the oversaturated WoW colors just fine.

Meanwhile playing GW2 gives a lil bit of Skyrim nostalgia every now and then.

This discussion has been closed.