Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a few screenshots =]

QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Just wanted to show something cool ^^

I was in Lion's Arch and decided to explore. I found this road:

Started climbing up the mountain:

And ended up here:

Turned around and looked at LA from above:

After leap of faith ended up here:

=P

And then found this cave:

=]

Just wanted to show some exploring fun to people ^^ Not every thread has to be about serious stuff =P

Comments

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Nice screenshots :)
  • daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400
    how did you take the first pic, the one without yourself in it

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I zoomed in and made my character sit. it's the only way right now to hide your character =]
  • daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400
    thank you, nice screens btw :D

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    I love that spot in LA so much. Spent probably about an hour there just watching the clouds roll in.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Looks like crap compared to Tera.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Tera doesn;'t come even close to the level of detail this game have. And evironments are mostly empty and very static. GW2 is completely opposite. Sure TEra is good but they sacrifised a lot of things for the game to look nice on screenshots.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328

You mean it's Terrable?

• jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by Mavacar

You mean it's Terrable?

i think he meant tera has better graphic than gw2

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

Originally posted by QSatu

I zoomed in and made my character sit. it's the only way right now to hide your character =]

You can also use /sleep to take screenshots without your character being seen.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Pretty great stuff this.

Didn't discover this but I loved Lion's Arch. Great example of how art, lighting and simply inspired design of surroundings is very prevalent in this game. The biggest positive side of GW2 in my opinion.

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240
    I like the underwater one wich shows the old Lions Arch, i just hope my stash is still there with all my stuff.
    Seriously does not look much better than WoW, if any better.  Not sure what you guys are seeing.  

Originally posted by QSatu

Tera doesn;'t come even close to the level of detail this game have. And evironments are mostly empty and very static. GW2 is completely opposite. Sure TEra is good but they sacrifised a lot of things for the game to look nice on screenshots.

That was true with Aion but not with TERA.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by Deleted User

You mean it's Terrable?

I got the joke holdenhamlet. Terrable. Although the graphics are pretty awesome in both games. The art styles is what seperates them but both have a unique quality of their own.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Here's just a random screenshot I took during the 10 min I was able to play (they're having some server issues today).

I really don't see where the OP is saying GW2's level of detail is so much better than say Tera.  There's tons of little details, just look all around the picture.

Plus it performs superbly with the graphics, which is something no American company besides blizzard has been able to pull off.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Here's just a random screenshot I took during the 10 min I was able to play (they're having some server issues today).

I really don't see where the OP is saying GW2's level of detail is so much better than say Tera.  There's tons of little details, just look all around the picture.

Plus it performs superbly with the graphics, which is something no American company besides blizzard has been able to pull off.

Why even come into this thread to begin with if you were just going to start an argument? Should I pop into all your Tera threads and start posting about how XYZ game is better? At least try to show the OP at least some level of respect, sheesh. 

Why can't I upload an image :(

Originally posted by Xerith

Why even come into this thread to begin with if you were just going to start an argument? Should I pop into all your Tera threads and start posting about how XYZ game is better? At least try to show the OP at least some level of respect, sheesh. 

Just saying, Tera looks 3x better.  

imageOk, here.
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

imageOk, here.

Oh god, thats awful. I prefer the muted colors and such from GW2 thank you. TERA is a great deal more cartoonish and the bright happy cheerful colors make me feel like my eyes are going to bleed if I stare at it to long.

• StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92

Just saying, Tera looks 3x better.  

Tera is nothing like GW2, just bumb up all the graphics on high in GW2 and it has way better graphics than Tera especially enviromental ones. Tera lacks realism in it's enviroment, but GW2 has lots of realism in it's enviroment. Plus Tera uses one graphical engine and different graphical perspective, when GW2 uses paintbrush look and graphics and it's more appealing to the eye than Tera. I played both of the games, and sorry to say but Tera lacks a lot of things that other MMORPGs have or will have.

• escarretaescarreta Member Posts: 99

imageOk, here.

Right you are a pedofile? This is better than Gw2 seriously, ok tera have better graphics suport direrctx 10 and 11, but the art of Gw2 is the best i ever see in a mmo and it s beta these graphics will be improved for sure....

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

imageOk, here.

Obviously you're trolling, because that looks absolutely terrible.

This discussion has been closed.