Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turbine PICK THIS UP NOW !!!!

Kevek777Kevek777 Member UncommonPosts: 4
We are dying to give a publisher our money!!!

Comments

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

Originally posted by Kevek777

Please not Turbine

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Turbine would not be the publisher but Warner Brothers which owns Turbine.

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

I'm not dying.

I just advised another poster to ditch the fanboy attitude, thus it would be unfair not to post the same advise to you.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• CamthylionCamthylion Member UncommonPosts: 220
    I dunno about Turbine LOTR was to me? Crap...  Warner Brothers owns their rights now anyways.  I would rather see someone else pick up on this game and host some American servers.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

No ,not Turbine please.

Not only it would mean crap freemium business model (sandbox + freemium / f2p = me not playing) ,but Turbine also went downwards with customer relations in recent years. Resigned from playing their games and I was playing Lotro for quite a long time.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

NC Soft has it pal.

just not doing anything with it atm

from what I read.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    I like Turbine, but I would rather have Trion pick it up to be honest.  I like their development style and how they attack projects with such gusto.  Great customer service too, from my experience.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by ilives

Please not Turbine

Hehe I agree. I want it finished before I play it. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Not Turbine.. nooo. Asheron's Call is my fav ever MMO but after AC2's failure Turbine stopped taking any risks or doing anything fresh. They are not the devs they used to be.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    If anyone needs to pick this up it should be En Masse - unfortunately they just released TERA and wouldn't have time to pick up Archeage for a while. But then again.. Archeage isn't ready to be picked up yet anyway.
  • DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

Turbine? No thanks. I like not having stat tomes in a store or being double charged content once they decide to change their pay model. I could only hope it would be picked up by a more reputable and profitable publishing house.

• CembryeCembrye Member UncommonPosts: 65

Old Turbine I would say yes.  The new Turbine?  No way.  They are all about squeezing the last cent out of their customers now.  If they picked up Archeage, they would make it another FTP/cash shop with minimal customer service.

• engellenengellen Member UncommonPosts: 83

you guys need to look up the difference between a publisher and a developer.

played a million mmo's

• LemacsLemacs Member UncommonPosts: 121

Lets just hope SONY does not get its hand on this.

UO-EQ1-SWG-DAOC-WOW-EQ2-WAR-GW2-RIFT

• kanedaAkanedaA Member Posts: 66

Its Ncsoft and its coming first in europe

• RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by kanedaA

Maybe, Maybe not. Most eastern MMO's release in Europe and the US at the same time. Just because its basically confirmed that NCsoft has it in Europe doesn't mean they might not already have it here too. I would bet that it will release in both places at/around the same time.

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Originally posted by RathanX26

Maybe, Maybe not. Most eastern MMO's release in Europe and the US at the same time. Just because its basically confirmed that NCsoft has it in Europe doesn't mean they might not already have it here too. I would bet that it will release in both places at/around the same time.

Where's that here? For me here IS europe :P

• RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by lilHeala

Originally posted by RathanX26

Where's that here? For me here IS europe :P

oh yes, my apologies.

by "here" I meant in the US. Usually a European launch happens at the same time as a US launch (or, to be politically correct, a North American launch)

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

En Masse please - NOT Turbine!

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by elocke

I like Turbine, but I would rather have Trion pick it up to be honest.  I like their development style and how they attack projects with such gusto.  Great customer service too, from my experience.

Though I'm not a big fan of Rift, I do think Trion has done a really good job with it. I would give it a look if Trion took it on.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642

The real question is....would you rather have someone "crappy" pick it up in the west or no one at all. 

I say  I want anything at all to play it over here and not need to know Korean.

• wiseman00wiseman00 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Waldoe

The real question is....would you rather have someone "crappy" pick it up in the west or no one at all. 

I say  I want anything at all to play it over here and not need to know Korean.

I definitely feel you on this one, but I doubt very seriously that this one will be skipped by any publisher. The developer Jake Song is to adamant about it being made for the west...

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

but take out the cowboy hats and anime look. Ty.

Signed,

An adult American Male who does not watch Pokemon or DragonballZ

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• wiseman00wiseman00 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by ignore_me

but take out the cowboy hats and anime look. Ty.

Signed,

An adult American Male who does not watch Pokemon or DragonballZ

Sandbox games usually are typical in graphics structure, when it comes to fantasy mmorpgs. I believe that  XLGames wants people to stretch the fun a little bit. It may irritate the hardcore crowd of role players, and those who expect sandbox mmorpgs to be completely "realistic" midieval, but it may actually prolong the life of the game. It seems like they are bent on not leaving everyone "completely" out. 

There is always a choice not to select those things..But we might just have to accept with seeing styling differently....Just like in real life..I see people wearing many different types of things, but it doesn't remove me from thinking I'm still in real life...I hope the game shares this parallel.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

EA should get it.

/duck

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/