Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: FPSGuru.com | What Does This MMO Bring For The FPS Fan?

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Pyrostasis takes a look at TERA in this video overview at FPSGuru.com. Does he feel that "action combat" is enough to please most FPS fans? Watch and find out only at FPSGuru.com!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Nothing to see here FPS fans. This game is no fun. Now please go back to MW3, and leave the MMOs to the geeks. Kthx.

Joined - July 2004

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300
    darkfall/mortal online [mod edit]

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

[mod edit[ ]

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Tera brings nothing for FPS fans.... FPS don't have animation lock while shooting
  • micaelmoraismicaelmorais Member Posts: 88

oh god,

people discover tera is by far better than gw2.

the life goes on.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Hey guys, please try to not respond to people that are trying to derail with conversations about the Elin. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

i'm an FPS fan (of the OLD school variety)

i'm a virtual world fan.  if you don't care about VW's, then the game probably won't be of interest, unless you like this type of console type action gameplay.

if you don't mind or can get use to movement locking due to attack animations, and the virtual world concept appeals to you, you should definitely try Tera.   its IMO the first virtual world with real skills based combat, something i've been waiting 13 years for.  Neocron gave me a little taste of this back in 2003, but there were a number of things that were weak about it, especially the fairly boring world that had little variety and therefore i didn't explore much of it.

now Tera is not exactly what i want, cuz its not very FPS like, and i REALLY want something with full freedom of movement like an FPS.   but its a very important milestone on the path to getting MMO versions of ALL TYPES of games to come out

and all FPS fans out there should know about Tera, and how different it is from your typical RPG based MMO (while still having alot of RPG aspects).   its an MMO that alot of people that hate MMOs could appreciate if they knew about it.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• nhat1nhat1 Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by corpusc

i'm an FPS fan (of the OLD school variety)

i'm a virtual world fan.  if you don't care about VW's, then the game probably won't be of interest, unless you like this type of console type action gameplay.

if you don't mind or can get use to movement locking due to attack animations, and the virtual world concept appeals to you, you should definitely try Tera.   its IMO the first virtual world with real skills based combat, something i've been waiting 13 years for.  Neocron gave me a little taste of this back in 2003, but there were a number of things that were weak about it, especially the fairly boring world that had little variety and therefore i didn't explore much of it.

now Tera is not exactly what i want, cuz its not very FPS like, and i REALLY want something with full freedom of movement like an FPS.   but its a very important milestone on the path to getting MMO versions of ALL TYPES of games to come out

and all FPS fans out there should know about Tera, and how different it is from your typical RPG based MMO (while still having alot of RPG aspects).   its an MMO that alot of people that hate MMOs could appreciate if they knew about it.

Thanks for the constructive post. I wish more people were more constructive and less biased and prejudice compare to the other posts here.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

thanks for the thanks!

i so rarely feel appreciated on forums.  8)  most feedback i tend to get is "your thoughts offend my existence somehow!".  8)

Corpus Callosum    

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

From what I played of the ranged classes, the responsiveness is pretty horrible. For instance if you make a quick turn and shoot, your shot will be fired in some other direction than where you're pointing. It's cool that MMOs are picking up on FPS type combat but Tera still needs some work on it.