Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dominus Shut down

IkonicIkonic Member UncommonPosts: 310

As per Sanya:

<div entry-content="" "="" id="">It is with a heavy heart that I have to say goodbye, or at least goodbye for now. We simply cannot deliver the game you deserve with the resources we have. We never quit trying, even when hope faded, because you - our community - kept us inspired. 

There is a market for a game like this one. Thank you for proving it. I hope to see you again.

This forum is being switched to read-only, effective immediately. I have permission to keep the Facebook page open long enough for goodbyes, and I will hang out there (as a volunteer, not an employee) for a few days.

I am so sorry, y'all. I've been intentionally quiet, but I was hoping to get loud again. I will miss you all, and I know we'll meet again. 

Sanya M. Weathers

Director of Community

(aka Queen of the Galactic Empire)

Read the FAQs

Comments

• spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

Better this than release an incomplete buggfest, sell it for 60$, have the servers closed 7/10 of the time and then end up closing 2 months later.

Still, very sad.

They should try kickstarter... im sure a lot of people would be willing to help.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

Real post or trolling?

If it's real someone should really tell them to try and use Kickstarter.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Bummer.
  • kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    Sorry to hear of the closing.  I'm sure there is a market for it but it had better be pretty awesome to compete with Planetside 2.
  • mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241
    Sad, been looking forward to this one for awhile now.  And yes, it's real.
  • Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227
    That's extremely sad, I know there were a lot of passionate people behind, and on the sidelines, of this game. I can understand it being a difficult sell in light of GW2s B2P 3 faction PvP, but I still think there was a market for the game, although admitedly small. 
  • AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381
    Sad but not unexpected, was wondering about Dominus just a couple of days ago. Good try, though.
  • RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

Just spam them to do a Kickstarter.

If Shadowrun got over 1 million they probably can get at least 300 thousand.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

I hate to see things like this!

From what little I know about this game, it was trying to do something a little new and unique, a change from the tired old sword and elves formula that has become a major failure.

They must not have a working title yet, what little they have is nowhere near playable.  Not often you see a company ditch a title without trying to steal money from customers.

Think Tabula Rasa....  Obviously they weren't happy with the game as they closed it down within a year of release didnt' they?  But that was more than enough time to steal money from people!

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Very sad... I was hoping for a game to be released with True RvR and it looks like there will be none

But dont you worry guys.... I will fully fund the game once I get my millions

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Sad, i played the very first Alpha Test they sent invitations out long time ago and i liked it. But i agree with another poster, better close down now than after everyone payed their money for the game then release a bugfest and poof - disappears later on with our cash.

Some of these already new released games so far should have done this close down, or at least take more time to finish the game before wanting to charge our wallets for box and every month. They know who they are.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Rivalen
    Just spam them to do a Kickstarter.
    If Shadowrun got over 1 million they probably can get at least 300 thousand.

Probably shouldn't spam them, but Kickstarter might not be a bad idea. Existing investors would be SOL, but the players might profit mightily. :-)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Originally posted by Ikonic

As per Sanya:

<div entry-content="" "="" id="">It is with a heavy heart that I have to say goodbye, or at least goodbye for now. We simply cannot deliver the game you deserve with the resources we have. We never quit trying, even when hope faded, because you - our community - kept us inspired. 

There is a market for a game like this one. Thank you for proving it. I hope to see you again.

This forum is being switched to read-only, effective immediately. I have permission to keep the Facebook page open long enough for goodbyes, and I will hang out there (as a volunteer, not an employee) for a few days.

I am so sorry, y'all. I've been intentionally quiet, but I was hoping to get loud again. I will miss you all, and I know we'll meet again. 

Sanya M. Weathers

Director of Community

(aka Queen of the Galactic Empire)

Read the FAQs

Shame if its true.

It was one of rare MMOs with potential

• AkruxAkrux Member UncommonPosts: 56

There is sadness in my heart today. I feel sorry for the staff that obviously put in some long long hours and then nothing.

Maybe TSW will give me the three faction PvP I am looking for and maybe not.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Well...I was in the council and while I felt the game wasn't going to make it after being in alpha beta, the guys leading the show were such good people and had such love and passion towards the game, I had hoped that it would make it.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

Thats too bad but to be honest i was in the last alpha (beta?) and I didnt really like what I saw.  I don't think this game would have done well no matter what. It wasnt sandboxish enough to get the sandbox crowd in and there are better 3 faction games that are coming so the pvp crowd wouldnt have played this game either.

I sure hope this doesnt happen to The Repopulation though because THAT game looks like something which if done well could be the next EVE.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

A wise step - i feel for the team but better to realize you cant do what you want and stop doing something that wont live up the vision.

Overall i think these Sandbox-Developers should gather together and throw all their experience and funding into a big pool and make a really competitive mmo with well thought mechanics and systems instead of fragmenting their market with to many short funded visions that never live up the expectations of gameplay and quality.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Sad to hear it. This game could have been cool. From what I saw of the alpha/stress test though, it had a really long way left to go before it could be considered playable.

So while it's always depressing when indie games shut down, I prefer early shutdowns to premature launches fooling people to pay full price for unfinished products.