Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time's ALMOST UP! To buy, or not to buy!?

Comments

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I actually deleted WoW off my system after years of keeping it on, because I always went back after I quit.  I love being able to to do any crafting I please without having to pick just 2. 

The animations are amazing and the MOBs ae very detailed.  I am having a blast and I normally dont play that much.

Found a video that cracked me up....so true

Somebody may have posted this before, but I had to share again....LOL

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

I spent probably about 20 hours or so this weekend on TERA (got a buddy key) and the only time I really enjoyed the game was when I was soloing/2-manning BAMs with my berserker friend.

The combat mechanics don't shine at all if you're in a group with a lancer and healer, as it pretty much just turns into your standard MMO tank & spank with gimmicks.     The quests are terrible (and there's way too many of them) and the zones are way too corridor like.   There's also not a lot to do besides combat.

Soloing BAMs is fun, but not really worth the subscription fee for me.

Edit:  I think I'd like the game a lot more if they replaced all normal monsters in the game with BAMs and mini BAMs (smaller size, hits for less, has less hp).   

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Buy
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408

I honestly haven't had this much fun in a MMO in ages. I look forward to grouping, I take on challenges that make me want to punch my screen when I fail and am finding myself getting involved in a community. 

I haven't wanted to do that to this extent since my UO days. 

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Originally posted by rmk70

I honestly haven't had this much fun in a MMO in ages. I look forward to grouping, I take on challenges that make me want to punch my screen when I fail and am finding myself getting involved in a community. 

I haven't wanted to do that to this extent since my UO days. 

Uh-huh. The challenge is def there and the social aspects are pretty good. OP should buy the game already.

• AshanorAshanor Member UncommonPosts: 109
    I already pre-purchased the DDE of GW2 and played in the first BWE. It was pretty fun, but I want to give Tera a shot as well. I am going to pick up the DCE later today.
  • legendairlegendair Member CommonPosts: 60

Was looking at the replies at the previous post I posted.  It's interesting how people like to sugar coat things or defend their purchase.  The bottom line, your going to regret purchasing it.  I really do hope this thread stays alive as I give Tera 2 months and I am being generous from becoming a f2p. 

Who pays a sub for games these days unless its a western game?  The game is boring...  it brings  nothing new.  If you want a action game play a fp shooter etc...

The fanbois, bias gamers and everything in between will defend this game until tommorrow...  Trust me the game can not compete with GW2, world of warcraft or Diablo 3.. People have to be delusional or on some form of substance to think this game is any good.

The game is eccentric and annoying... I digress... If the game is all that amazing why are the one on a forum defending it... wouldnt you think an amazing game would have little or no comments because everyone is busy playing it? 

Just look at the forums and judge for yourself... Tera is a horrible eastern game... It encompasses everything westerners hate about eastern mmorpgs...

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

lol

is this your first time on the forum?

you mean you didn't notice all the fanboys defending GW2?  RIFT?  WOW?  SWTOR?  and all the other games?  so you're saying NO game is worth playing then right? 

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Your point was so valid you had to use an alt account? TERA is bad because it's eastern? Lol, you sir have made me smile this morning snd seeing as it's Monday the thanks is two fold.

I have to give you some respect for even typing what you did in a public place. I hope you are sincerely trolling.

Just not worth my time anymore.

Rift and mentioning SWOTR just tells me you have no concept of what a decent game is...
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

The art style is a total turn off. 

Its funny

Its both amazingly great and horribly wrong

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by legendair

Who pays a sub for games these days unless its a western game?  The game is boring...  it brings  nothing new.  If you want a action game play a fp shooter etc...

I don't care about Tera... but your logic is just wrong.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

TERA is very unfortunate game.

Its launching under shadow of GW2. It has dieing P2P buisness model.

Otherwise its real good game.

Aion and Tera cannot be compared beyond their graphic style.

Aion from what i've seen is very much your typical MMO.  Tera is not.

if you like action games and

...you don't wanna be MMOless for (who knows how many) months (before some other games come out)

(who are just as likely to not suit you as Tera)

you should definitely buy it.

Corpus Callosum    

Originally posted by Ghabbo

I don't care about Tera... but your logic is just wrong.

yeah, his line of thinking is some of the most barrel-bottom-scraping of the common cliches around here.

Corpus Callosum    

• NeutorNeutor Member Posts: 101
    Tera is a good game.  If you are on the fence about it just buy it!  You will get 30 days of free game time which is more than enough time to see if you will enjoy it for a longer period of time

Join us dtguilds.com
    Good luck trying to cancel the automatic subscription service...
  • BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Divion

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

The art style is a total turn off. 

Not into the eastern style? I like it.. i mean.. sometimes the "Rainbow", and unicorn feel gets kinda, i don't know wierd... i feel like it's an MMORPG for the "Oh stop it, silly" crowd, but it as it's jaw-dropping feel too.. i don't know.. i mean sure, i loved the gritty feel of Skyrim...  I DONT KNOW -.- it's so... i don't know.. it works.. but... who-knows it's an art-style that works with the game i guess... not my first choice, but also far from my last.

My initlal feelings too. I didn't like the rainbow brite colors and some of the silly asian/anime style. I've become quite fond of it now though. It all grew on me ..slowly like a fungus..lol. As far as characters..it's really just the female and some of the non-human males that reek of "asian" style. Still...it is easily overcome. As far as the storybook colors ..with graphics maxxed and lighting effects adjusted or turned on and brightness tweeked they aren't really too bad.

I am not going to even respond to you because now your just trolling Rift is going down... it's a fact.   Your talking to someone that has gone to GDC's Rift recieved a horrible reception...  So do me a favor stop offending people on the forums... hopefully the moderators suspend you...   

you're not going to respond because its been shown that your points just don't make any sense and/or are flatout wrong.  and just come from an unthinking place of hate......towards a GAME.

Corpus Callosum    

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Yep,
    True Action Combat.... Meaning your actions are important.

Not,
    True Spamming Combat.... Meaning my position is important but so is the "111111, 22222" going on at the keyboard.

If you don't like the combat in TERA fine but because you don't doesn't mean it's bad. If you say "x" does it better by all means go play it instead if posting here.

Those that like and love TERA's combat know why the locks and pauses are there and the ways in which they change. If you're unsure about it or have questions please refer to the other 20 threads on the subject lol.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428
    I honestly thinkt he game doesn't look asian enough lol, like look at velkia it feel so medivel eurpeaon instead. as well as the human charactere. Idk lol like some parts are really asian and some aren't really depends on what area you are in.
  • BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Your point was so valid you had to use an alt account? TERA is bad because it's eastern? Lol, you sir have made me smile this morning snd seeing as it's Monday the thanks is two fold.

I have to give you some respect for even typing what you did in a public place. I hope you are sincerely trolling.

I know right.

" I didn't fight in the Big One, Korea and 'Nam to play no asian grinder!".

**Spit chewing tobaccy at spitoon. Hit own foot instead**

Originally posted by rexzshadow

I honestly thinkt he game doesn't look asian enough lol, like look at velkia it feel so medivel eurpeaon instead. as well as the human charactere. Idk lol like some parts are really asian and some aren't really depends on what area you are in.

Actually any game that has healthy looking characters to gamers is a crime... or rather Asian... hint hint...

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

The same response to all of these threads stands true for this one:

If you're at all worried about spending 50 dollars on something that will at worst case provide you with 8 hours of entertainment... You should not be playing MMO's and you should be out looking for a new job, second job, or possibly spending your free time on additional education?

I dropped 50 on this game just to try it out, I have not be happy with my purchase.  However i'll buy GW2, and Diablo 3, and any other game because 50 bucks is nothing.  I expect a vast majority of people here smoke cigs, weed, or drink... All 3 of those things cost WAY more than any MMO or video game does.

I don't understand how people can complain about 50 dollars for HOURS if not days/months of entertainment, when they're willing to drop 20-50 dollars on a bar tab or a few boxes fo cigs, or a sack of weed... all of which last you only a few hours at best.

• Stellin23Stellin23 Member Posts: 3

I've played a huge variety of MMO's (starting with being one of the original EQ1 players). Most recently I have been playing SWTOR, but kept hearing about this game TERA. I loved SWTOR but am very bored with the game, so I said "ah what the heck" and checked out TERA.

I'm not rich or anything but decided to buy the Collectors Edition so I could play over the weekend before the offcial release. For the first 20 minutes of playtime I thought I had made a horrible mistake. Don't freak out. Keep playing. My suggestion is to skip the prologue and go straight to the newbie zone. Trust me...the game gets better. MUCH better.

After starting out in the newbie zone, I played around with my key bindings, and got a feel for the controls. The control layout and combat setup is very different that what most people will be used to (especially those versed in standard MMO's like WOW and SWTOR). This was my only barrier to enjoying the game, but after learning to play it became quite simple.

After getting the controls down, I truly began to enjoy the game. It really begins to get awesome around level 7 (the first few levels are baby step tutorials). The first thing I noticed was the graphics. Holy crap!! They are amazing. Hands down the best graphics in any MMO in my opinion (maybe not my favorite art-style...but the actual graphical display is pretty amazing).

The second thing I noticed was how awesome the combat is. I mean seriously...it is done extremely well. It's not twitch based, but you do need to pay attention...close attention. There is defintely a certain level of skill involved, but 80% of that skill is simply paying attention and playing your character smart. It reminds me of an easier verion of Demon Souls/Dark Souls.

The characters themselves are either hit or miss for some people. The girls are scantily clad, the men are overly muscular (except the male high elf...who looks very transexual)), and the Elins are just....lets say slightly weird. But for me...I love the characters, and the character creation process is pretty detailed and awesome. Not as cool as COH...but 1000X's better than WOW or SWTOR. If you got used to Gnomes, you can get used to Elins. But all in all....I found the new races to be refreshing, well thought out, and to be honest...I love seeing all of the gorgeous women running around scantily clad. 

The classes themselves are amazingly fun to play (except for the Priest). I played 6 classes up to level 11 to get them off of the newbie island, and I honestly can not tell you which is my favorite. They are all very awesome. Some are extremely easy to play (Archer). Others are extremely difficult (Warrior/Lancer). But there is great enjoyment in all of them.

I did not expect very much from this game, and almost quit playing it after 20 minutes. I am extremely glad I kept playing and gave it a chance. What I found was an extremely polished release, amazing gameplay, dynamic classes and combat, and a detailed and graphically beautiful world. This game is a AAA title. I was absolutely ADDICTED after my first hour. This is also not your standard grindfest Korean MMO. Yes...it will be harder to hit endagem than SWTOR or WOW, but that is a GOOD thing!! 

I will be offcially cancelling my SWTOR and RIFT subscriptions, and I am extremely happy that I purchased the Collectors Edition of TERA.  The only way I see myself moving away from this game is if GW2 is as amazingly awesome as some of the rumors suggest. I have played A LOT of MMO's over the past 13 years, and this game is a fresh surprise, and is honestly some of the most fun I have had in years of MMO playing. If you are on the fence about this game...I say bite the bullet and just go buy it. It really is an amazing game. One I will be playing for a long time. It's my top MMO of the past few years. 

PS- This is my first post here. I signed up simply to spread word of mouth about this game. It's just that good.