Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Head Start Weekend Begins Saturday

2»

Comments

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Originally posted by remyburke

Originally posted by Arkinia

Originally posted by MrBoots

I played for the majority of the NA beta. The combat is awesome when compared to games like wow. Unfortunately nothing else is worth talking about.

I wasn't trolling just keep hearing Tera gets better after 20, and hoping it does. 

it definitely does. I would say around lvl22 when u can begin to solo BAMs is when I went from liking this game to loving it!

Same.  Around the time I went to Celestial Hills for the first time and found myself surrounded by Kumas and Naga BAMS, I fell in love with the game.

• robgyorgyrobgyorgy Member Posts: 105

sine the last beta i have been itching for the day of tomorrow. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got ma blunt ready, my food ready, my munchies and my drink! IM GOOD TO GOOOOOOO. Any1 else ?:P

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Its 8am Saturday here in Australia and I'd love to be playing now.

Looking forward to Sunday morning, will get all the jobs done today and have a full Tera day tomorrow. :)

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• bishbashboshbishbashbosh Member Posts: 57
    Maintenance Hours

• From 12:00AM to 7:00AM on April 30, the game servers and all TERA-related sites

• (including the forums) will be unavailable.

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    After playing G2 for a few hours I'm so glad I'm now a Tera fanboy.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This is the moment we have all been waiting for people. This has been a long week counting down the day but tommrrow we officially begin our journey. Thank you Blue Hole and En Masse for bringing us such a great mmo.

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

Also, strange how ArenaNet has their first Guild Wars 2 pre-purchase beta event over this weekend as well... ahhh, I see what you did their ArenaNet. Well played sir!

Based on the feedback from many people who have tried GW2 today, ArenaNet probably just increased TERA's launch sales.  Thanks for the boost, ArenaNet!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Also, strange how ArenaNet has their first Guild Wars 2 pre-purchase beta event over this weekend as well... ahhh, I see what you did their ArenaNet. Well played sir!

Based on the feedback from many people who have tried GW2 today, ArenaNet probably just increased TERA's launch sales.  Thanks for the boost, ArenaNet!

Yea, I totally agree with this. Be careful what you ask for!

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by niceguy3978

Originally posted by Arkinia

Originally posted by MrBoots

Can't justify paying for something that will be f2p within a year.

I've give it three months before we see a F2P + Cash shop business model for this game. Since it was origionally an Korean/Asian grinder, I'm surprised they didn't do this from the out set.

just curious, how much of the game did you play? 

Doesn't matter.  There are some people on these forums that will claim every game will be f2p in a year or less.  The three months is just odd, but to each bad opinion their own.  Especially if it has quests, quests just mean it is a wow cloan, and only GW2 will save us from the quest grind, even though the live streams I have watched today, looked like they were pretty much doing the same things as you do in every other quest based game.

But the "Kill these guys" quests are being handed to you randomly so that makes it game-changing :).

I don't get wrapped up in the this game vs that game wars. I can't wait for the servers to open up!!

I played in Jagged Coast because Valley of Titans had some fierce queue times over the last weekend, but I'm tempted to go back to Valley since it should have some of the better PvPing.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    coast shouldnt be bad on pvp either
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Guild name

"The Elin Degenerates Show" 

Jagged Coast

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Have to say its nice seeing people make positive remarks about Tera or any mmo in particular.its great to see the servers packed,and people loving the game.it reall is a blast..also over the weekend i've been popping into gw2 beta and that is just has enjoyable..never had my arse kicked so many times at such a low lvl..i hope Tera and GW2 are a massive success.well they better be i bought both of them.
  • synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

although i can't play this game due to where I'm stationed its nice to see that the hate threads haven't started blowing up the forums yet. That must be some kind of record on mmorpg.com :p

• SyrconiaSyrconia Member UncommonPosts: 6

I have played both games and fromt he graphics and interface perspective, I can say that I like TERA better however; been a game that you have to buy and then pay a monthly fee, it can't compete on the same level than GW2, where you just buy once and keep playing.

I think that this monthly fee will push back some players, like me, to continue with other RPGs.  Greed is not a good strategy I'll say.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

Originally posted by Syrconia

I have played both games and fromt he graphics and interface perspective, I can say that I like TERA better however; been a game that you have to buy and then pay a monthly fee, it can't compete on the same level than GW2, where you just buy once and keep playing.

I think that this monthly fee will push back some players, like me, to continue with other RPGs.  Greed is not a good strategy I'll say.

P2P isn't greed. This is a business not a charity. I'd much rather pay a monthly fee than to worry about players having an edge over me through a cash shop. And from what I hear with GW2 that is a big problem. THAT is true greed when devs hide P2W in a cash shop form. Also when the expansions and new content are release then you will have to pay again. This is just like GW1 with a bigger cash shop to help ruin a possible good game.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

We won't know the full effect the cashop with have on WvW for awhile, it could lead to groups or individuals able to out-buy the other side on siege equipment constantly, or money for them may not be that much of an issue for higher lvls. As somone who has just quit a pay2win game, realizing how pointless it is, if that is GW2's fate, I will just avoid WvW as it won't effect the PVE that is still worth playing from what I hear.

Odd stance to take, since the most successful MMOs of all time have had a P2P structure.  I also find it strange that you equate greed with the P2P structure, when the F2P games have historically been the ones that have milked the most money out of players.  

I'm not saying that GW2 will do that with their cash shop.  I'm just speaking in generalities.

• VladrielVladriel Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by Czanrei

Personally, I was surprised at how much better Tera looks than GW2 now that I was able to play the open beta last weekend.

Now after trying out the Tera combat system, GW2 looks really boring and nothing but button-mashing as well. I might try GW2 once it launches, but I doubt it will keep my interest like Tera.

Whatever, good riddence.. I haven't seen a mmo yet where you don't push some kind of stupid button. How else you going to access your skills.. I have watched a Tera video and looks like button mashing to me. 

ROFLMAO!!!! Whatever! Don't even kid yourself.. I won't be playing this game.  So no launch sale from me. 

Originally posted by Sinaku

P2P isn't greed. This is a business not a charity. I'd much rather pay a monthly fee than to worry about players having an edge over me through a cash shop. And from what I hear with GW2 that is a big problem. THAT is true greed when devs hide P2W in a cash shop form. Also when the expansions and new content are release then you will have to pay again. This is just like GW1 with a bigger cash shop to help ruin a possible good game.

Now this is a prime example of ignorant stupidity. Pull head from arse and get the facts before popping off at the mouth. GW1 store never sold anything for players to get ahead or an unfair advantage.. Neither will GW2 gem shop. They aren't selling anything any different you couldn't get for a toon in wow( buff potions.. ring a bell) .. as far as buffs go. They aren't going to sell anything that gives other players unfair advantage over another.. Another thing you don't have to spend a dime of real money for the gems if you don't want to.. You can use in game gold.. So insert thy foot in your mouth and do your fucking research.