Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game isn't enjoyable at all! =(

Comments

• Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    Compaired to GW2, TERA is like gold. 
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by Painlezz

Originally posted by Amjoco

Don't play then.

I'm not playing... And thats why I created this thread.

I guess it feels good to complain after wasting 50 bucks on a pile of garbage =)  Fortunately, i'm not in the same situation as so many others.  It doesn't take me time to save up money.  50 bucks is nothing.  However, I do want to share the negative experience ive had so hopefully others can be saved from the same fate.

Just think, if you had spent the amount of time you've spent trolling in researching the game before you bought it you wouldn't have spent 50 bucks.

Honestly, this whole :smug: business because you didn't enjoy the game when the only real fool here is you for buying something you should have known you wouldn't like (Hate Asian themes and purchase an Asian theme guy?) - Lol, yah keep trying to come off as the cool guy :)

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

I'm sorry you spent 50$ on a game you don't like, but what you say make no sense at all.

You missed the CBT, you missed the OBT, you missed the chance to ask for a buddy key on the forum.

You don't like anime graphic and game. 

And after that you choose to throw 50$ on a game that you can tell just by looking at the cover is an anime game.

So really who is to blame? Are you even seriouss? 

And this thing about the root in combat had really to end. They advertised the game everywhere as action combat and now people keep complaing about the game having an action combat.

I don't know you, but if i buy Buronout I don't complain then that it doesn't have the realism of Forza Motorsport.

So guys really, get a grip.

If you don't like action games, is totally fine, but you can't yell on how unfair is the like cause a game sold as action combat has an action combat controls style.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by Kehdar

I'm sorry you spent 50$ on a game you don't like, but what you say make no sense at all.

You missed the CBT, you missed the OBT, you missed the chance to ask for a buddy key on the forum.

You don't like anime graphic and game. 

And after that you choose to throw 50$ on a game that you can tell just by looking at the cover is an anime game.

So really who is to blame? Are you even seriouss? 

And this thing about the root in combat had really to end. They advertised the game everywhere as action combat and now people keep complaing about the game having an action combat.

I don't know you, but if i buy Buronout I don't complain then that it doesn't have the realism of Forza Motorsport.

So guys really, get a grip.

If you don't like action games, is totally fine, but you can't yell on how unfair is the like cause a game sold as action combat has an action combat controls style.

lol so true - This has to be the worst troll yet. Hates Asian games, could have seen the root effect in any 1 youtube video, yet still buys the game. I'm sure EME thanks you for your support - It was much more generous than most trolls :)

The funny thing is despite blowing his money away like a fool, he still comes back to b--- about it with a smug attitude.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

and I find myself hitting alt+f4 and loading up League of Legends....

I'm going to call you out on this one!

alt F4 doesn't work with the game client... I tried.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by elocke

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Ranged classes don't just get to stand in one spot on the outside and nuke the bosses unmolested like they do in every other game.  They need to move for positioning.   Boss fights in this game are mobile and fluid.  If you are a ranged class and trying to play the game from one spot, you aren't playing your class correctly.  This goes for the healing classes as well.  The combat is about positioning, reaction time, and strategy.  The kind of combat it appears you're looking for you'd be able to find in a game like WoW, where you are allowed to pick a spot on the perimeter and chain nuke the target with little to no repercussions.  

Sorry you didn't enjoy the game.  

Positioning would be great and fun IF there wasn't that stupid pause to cast making it a pita.  Seriously, that pause has got to go.

No it has not. You have your dream game without root, go play it.

You alrady said, often, that you don't like Tera on many levels, not only for the root. So leave the people who play the game, and enjoyed it, decide what have to stay and what have to go.

I paid for the game and have every right to ask for change.  I happen to not give up on products I don't like, I give them a few chances.  MMORPGs are great for that, as they can and will evolve over the years.  I've already come back happily to 2 games I hated before and love playing them now.  Lotro and EQ2.  I hope to do the same with Tera in the coming years. 

• jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127

Ranged classes don't just get to stand in one spot on the outside and nuke the bosses unmolested like they do in every other game.  They need to move for positioning.   Boss fights in this game are mobile and fluid.  If you are a ranged class and trying to play the game from one spot, you aren't playing your class correctly.  This goes for the healing classes as well.  The combat is about positioning, reaction time, and strategy.  The kind of combat it appears you're looking for you'd be able to find in a game like WoW, where you are allowed to pick a spot on the perimeter and chain nuke the target with little to no repercussions.  

Positioning would be great and fun IF there wasn't that stupid pause to cast making it a pita.  Seriously, that pause has got to go.

You alrady said, often, that you don't like Tera on many levels, not only for the root. So leave the people who play the game, and enjoyed it, decide what have to stay and what have to go.

I paid for the game and have every right to ask for change.  I happen to not give up on products I don't like, I give them a few chances.  MMORPGs are great for that, as they can and will evolve over the years.  I've already come back happily to 2 games I hated before and love playing them now.  Lotro and EQ2.  I hope to do the same with Tera in the coming years.  

How about learn to accept what others don't like and work with them instead of shunning them because you are too selfish to look past your own ego.

u see, ur should copy ur last sentence and dump them excatly on GW forum, ppl there will find anything to counter the negative comment. 

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by Sector13

Compaired to GW2, TERA is like gold. 

They are the same just different animation styles.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

I'm loving TERA and knew I would even before I played it at all.  Different strokes for different folks.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by jackwu10

How about learn to accept what others don't like and work with them instead of shunning them because you are too selfish to look past your own ego.

u see, ur should copy ur last sentence and dump them excatly on GW forum, ppl there will find anything to counter the negative comment. 

Actually, I deleted that line because I realized I was attacking the poster and not the post and felt it just fanned the flames insteaf of putting them out.  GW2 has ten times the depth Tera has anyway and any negative opinion there hasnt' pointed out true factual issues with the game, that I have seen.  They all just seem to be trolling on purpose just to get a rise out of everyone loving the game.  

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Get all that from a day and a half huh? Lol

Just not worth my time anymore.

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

You piad for the game?

You tryed it during beta events, and you stated more than once thay you dislike it. So, you are really telling me, that you bougt a game you didn't like in the hope it will change to suit your taste?

Talking about ego.

I tryed GW2 i liked it but i prefer Tera combat still i don't go on GW2 forum QQing that they have to change the combat for me... I saw that a lot of people like GW2 combat and i respect it.

Why can't you do the same, instead of calling me on my ego that's making no sense at all.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

You piad for the game?

You tryed it during beta events, and you stated more than once thay you dislike it. So, you are really telling me, that you bougt a game you didn't like in the hope it will change to suit your taste?

Talking about ego.

I tryed GW2 i liked it but i prefer Tera combat still i don't go on GW2 forum QQing that they have to change the combat for me... I saw that a lot of people like GW2 combat and i respect it.

Why can't you do the same, instead of calling me on my ego that's making no sense at all.

Yea tht makes no sense why would you play a game in beta, post that you dislike it and then buy it and post again you dislike it.  WOW its great to have your money

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Originally posted by Amjoco

Don't play then.

I'm not playing... And thats why I created this thread.

I guess it feels good to complain after wasting 50 bucks on a pile of garbage =)  Fortunately, i'm not in the same situation as so many others.  It doesn't take me time to save up money.  50 bucks is nothing.  However, I do want to share the negative experience ive had so hopefully others can be saved from the same fate.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

That pause is about positioning. It's about "where you are and should you use your attack, defense at the time."

It's about choices and consequences. best thing they ever put in the game.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

The combat challenges you to react at the right time.

Things would be to easy if your ability didn't root you for a small moment.

Timing and mobility is everything. Boss fights are awesome.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by Omali

or a homosexual man elf chest 6-pac...

No one is going to take you seriously when you act like an immature bigoted child.

I see where your trying to go with that reply and i honestly think your the only one that cares so deeply about an internet opinion.

Regardless...the point was...theres no choice.

I agree with the origional comment, though would word it diffrently.  To each their own but, as is with most asian mmorpgs...theres only one way to go.  I could care less if people made a boyish thin rippling muscle charater with over syled hair...just give me the option to be a grizzled borish out of shape character....you get the point....these games are about picking the character you want, not being forced to pick out of several metro-boyish style characters with near naked armor (which i hate since id never want explosed skin in a fight).

Anyway....im semi interested in this game because of "diffrent" combat.  Everything ive heard about the diffrent combat is worded in a manner that completely turns me off from it...however i like to believe that its the diffrent that is throwing people off.

I dislike the close range sorc....i love this class when its a class that dies in a few hits and your play style is to kill before you get hit...using cc if you have to....being close range while being a magic caster would make me want to go melee for the advantages they bring to close quarter combat...being able to take some punishment....

The second point ties into the first....i want the options on play style as well, based on class.

Dont take this as a negative non-review...im not interested in warhammer 2.0 (GW2) and the overhype-turned-hater mafia that follows all the over hyped themeparks...ill miss that mess thank you.....im playing aion as a hold over untill TSW which i probably wont pick up untill after launch settles....point is im looking for something....$50 isnt a big deal.... any point of views that may address my concerns?

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

No kidding.  I logged out and uninstalled after a couple of hours.  How people can tolerate the self rooting when you cast an instant is beyond me....absolutely game breaking.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Originally posted by jazz.be

I can't believe every other MMO prior to this missed this little tid bit o fun...self rooting (on an instant cast)!  Woot I've never had so much fun!!

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Originally posted by Mardukk

No kidding.  I logged out and uninstalled after a couple of hours.  How people can tolerate the self rooting when you cast an instant is beyond me....absolutely game breaking.

Same here, except you lasted much longer than I did before I uninstalled.  Couldn't stand the combat or the stupid as hell anime races, esp. the little girl and pedo bear ones.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• GoldiusGoldius Member UncommonPosts: 42

I'm really loving Tera I guess i'm totally opposite to the OP the Asian anime style art i really like...the colours....armors etc. 

The landscapes look fantastic and the music really immerses me.

I've pre-ordered but i'm also going to play GW2 a month after release ( when some more feedback comes back from players ) . I loved the beta weekend i was invited to play in.

I have time to play both games which is great.

Problem is sorry Blizzard I don't have time for a 3rd game so WOW is off my radar now.

Gamers are going to be spoilt for choice this year developers better shape up or suffer.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by Fuggly

read just because it wasnt a GW2 thread.....................But yeah, Tera is terrable.........only thoise with very little gaming experience seem to like it imho. 

Haha nice.

I've been playing MMOs for about 14 years now, and I've pretty much played them all (seriously..i have a bit of a problem). TERA's combat is my favorite combat in any MMO ever. This game really hits its stride around lvl 22.

Your sweeping generalizations have no place here. Good day sir!

Joined - July 2004

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Originally posted by remyburke

Originally posted by Fuggly

read just because it wasnt a GW2 thread.....................But yeah, Tera is terrable.........only thoise with very little gaming experience seem to like it imho. 

Haha nice.

I've been playing MMOs for about 14 years now, and I've pretty much played them all (seriously..i have a bit of a problem). TERA's combat is my favorite combat in any MMO ever. This game really hits its stride around lvl 22.

Your sweeping generalizations have no place here. Good day sir!

Been playing MMOs that long myself and couldn't agree more. The combat in Tera is the most addictive MMO combat I have ever played, to me at least.  It has been explained in some detail why the combat has roots and how it actually adds to the skill and strategy of the game. I mean it's no different then some of the best selling action games ever made, It works for a reason.

P.S. Fought my first BAMs tonight and oh my god I didn't think I could enjoy the combat more...... I was wrong lol

No signature, I don't have a pen

• kanedaAkanedaA Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by nateslo

Originally posted by Tsuru

Originally posted by nateslo

Originally posted by mmorpgmaner

I logged in and out of TERA within 5 minutes. Worst combat ever

^Same. I hate to judge a game so quickly but I honeslty logged into the beta, ran around for a few minutes and logged out. Can't stand the gameplay. I agree with the previous statements about asian mmos. I hate to stereotype, but there is just something different about them that doesn't sit well with me. It's a shame tho, this game looked interesting. 

So you based your experience off graphics and looks rather then gameplay?

This is whats wrong with todays "gamers."

Gameplay > graphics.

notice where I said "Can't stand the gameplay." ....

yeah, kinda makes your statement invalid. 

then stick with your overated tab target crap system and dont break our balls

• glissonglisson Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Mardukk

Originally posted by jazz.be

I can't believe every other MMO prior to this missed this little tid bit o fun...self rooting (on an instant cast)!  Woot I've never had so much fun!!

I dont understand why poeple complain about the animation locking. They dont use cast times on spells instead your character is stuck in place until the animation is finished. Its not any different that any other game. I mean in Wow you cast a heal or a frost bolt or shadow bolt or whatever and your dude has a cast time. Sure the animation is instant because you dont process it until the cast time is over. in TERA you cast the spell instantly but have to wait until the animation is finished to move again ie it acts as your cast bar. As you get higher level you can get equiptment to increase your speed which actually makes the animations faster and shortens your delay. People whine about stuff just to whine. TERA is a really fun game but you either like it or dont. I notice alot of poeple take one look at the combat and just refuse to learn something different and log off. I have one friend that whines about the animation locking on melee because he cant run around like an idiot all the time like in wow.... the other complained because the only pet class has crappy pets. At least his complaint makes sense since mystic pets do pretty much suck compared to like warlocks or hunters from Wow but I told him to try something else and he just whines about the combat as well. So basically the game is hit or miss with poeple. If you are able to adapt and enjoy the combat the game is alot of fun. If not then I feel sorry for you because more and more games in the future are going to a more action oriented route so the sooner you adapt to change the better.

Just to add a personal note I have been playing mmos for 14 years or so. The first one I played was The Realm then I moved to UO. This games combat is one of my favorites of all the games I have played. I just hope they release content fast enough to keep the player population around because the only downside to this game is leveling is to fast.