Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you expect of Blizzard's Titan in terms of quality

coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 2,006Member Uncommon

As the title and the poll indicate, I am interested in the community's opinion on Blizzard's MMO that is yet to be announced (my guess is that we will hear some info about the game on Blizzcon 2013).

Due to the fact that it has not yet been announced, it is a pure speculation. I, personally, was never let down by any Blizzard's game and am convinced that the company is capable of making a game that will fall into the category labelled in the poll as number 1.

Of course I can be wrong.

Let me know what you think the game will be like.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• helthroshelthros Miami, FLPosts: 1,449Member Uncommon
    It'll be a true kiddie game like Marvel Squad Hero or Lego Universe :)
  • Salio69Salio69 under a rock, FLPosts: 428Member Common

my guess is since they have the theme park crowd underneath their thumb, they aim for the sandbox crowd in titan.

possibly clone eve online and throw Starcraft IP over it. it will be revolutionary like WoW.

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member Common
    It will be a halo based mmo on the future next gen xbox
  • QuirhidQuirhid TamperePosts: 6,020Member Uncommon
    I think the quality and production values will be top notch as always, but they'll play it safe like they've done too many times in the near past.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 In cyberspaaaaaacePosts: 2,502Member Uncommon

They have traded away talented developers for a massive community always willing to throw money at them.

The masses will buy it and it will end up being very mediocre, lacking innovation and creativity.

• ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member Common
    wheres the "mediocre game, but hyped to high heaven so still sells well, followed by a long period of denial / fanboisim / still retaining subs" option?
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 23,409Member Uncommon

It is Blizz. Since Warcraft 1, *all* their games are good, and are hits.

I have no doubt i will be at least trying it out.

• fivorothfivoroth LondonPosts: 3,794Member Uncommon

Why is every second poster on these forums a hippie? The amount of QQ about masses and mainstream is unbelievable.

Anyways I think they may go for something different as I don't see the point in making WoW 2 and then renaming it. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,995Member Uncommon
    I expect it to be a highly polished game based on fundamentally uninteresting game mechanics.
  • Loser60Loser60 VilniusPosts: 170Member
    I think it will probably be great. Blizzard makes great games.
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans BergenPosts: 2,317Member Uncommon

It's going to be a mass appeal game like WoW was. Easymode™

• DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,440Member Uncommon

It's going to be a very well put together Theme Park.

However, people will get sick of it sooner than they hope.

This is my guess. It doesn't matter how bug free it is, it's still the same old Corn Flakes.

4ft Gaming Mouse Pad -
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHPosts: 3,015Member Uncommon
    I'm hoping it's either an FPS or Space Sim style MMO.  There's lots of room in those areas.
  • kaliniskalinis Dexter, MEPosts: 1,428Member

It will be a very well made game, its gonna have social media tie in from teh start , It will be aimed at the masses off course cause unlike the people who think devs making games that make money is a sin, making money on games is why devs make them. 

Sure they want to make good games but i dont care what dev u talk about, including arena net, the goal is to make money i dont understand why some on this forum think its a sin to make money. 

Game companies are allowed to aim games at a mass market to make money. If 90 pct of players dont like a certain style of game and even those that say they do wont sub to those style games then why make them. 

Titan will be a themepark  with sandbox elements. i think blizzard has the money to make sure its done right. They have all there experiance with wow and talent trees, and such so they can use this knowledge to make a better game.

Titan will be based in a diffrent universe eniterely and probably will be sci fi or horror based instead of fantasy based, as wow has the fantasy based mmo taken care of right now

Oh and titan will be a free 2 play model payment. 

• AbdullaDooAbdullaDoo Waukegan, ILPosts: 60Member

Certainly it will have a legion of loyal fans and media outlets behind it. I can't imagine that anything could derail its success in that respect.

Basically, I'm expecting something like the Sims/Second Life meets a multiplayer/co-op version of Deus Ex-style FPS/RPG gameplay and a setting that my gut says will be something like Chrono Trigger's ... each in extremely simplified forms (and not necessarily in a good way).

• feacfeac cambridgePosts: 127Member Common

next gen space/future related and 3 factions :D

sure whatever it is it will look amazing and i will proberly try it :)

• AnirethAnireth Posts: 641Member Uncommon

The quality, when speaking about usability, bugs etc. will be good. If it brings something new, who knows.

It is supposedly not based on any of their existing franchises, so it's hard to judge. It's supposed to be an MMO, but no competitor to WoW. It's not unlikely they simply don't expect WoW to be competetive by the time Titan gets released (WoW will be at least 10 years old then...probably more, given the usual Blizzard schedule), therefore making Titan no competitor, or it is really something different.

Which gets us to the fact that Mike Morhaine had trouble explaining how it's different but not totally different without going into details, so it can't be that different. I mean, companies tend to exaggerate, why would they not jump at the "total different" if they really have something new?

So we are back at that it's obviously different to WoW, after 10+ years, and won't compete because WoW is not competing for anything anymore.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• BrenelaelBrenelael MainePosts: 3,761Member Uncommon

My guess would be that Blizzard will fall into their own trap and make a game similar to WoW in gameplay. This will probably still be quite successful but no where near as successful as WoW is/was. A lot of people expect them to come up with the new "Messiah" of MMO gaming which will leave a lot of them dissapointed when they produce "Just another MMO".

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Renton, WAPosts: 819Member Uncommon

I think TITAN will go back to the drawing boards several times during its development, but in the end, will surprise the Hell out of everyone.

I think Blizzard is keeping an eye on everything else coming out, and seeing what alleged "innovations" in other titles work--- and which do not.

The total secrecy of this project is simultaneously nerve-wracking, and thrilling.  I find the suspense almost enjoyable as I'll probably find the first teaser cinematic once the actual game is announced, because YOU KNOW they're going to do something to leave us all crapping in our pants in anticipation.

• coretex666coretex666 PraguePosts: 2,006Member Uncommon

We got some interesting opinions here, I appreciate that the discussion did not turn into a battle of blizz fans vs haters

By the way, Blizz mentioned in the past that they are aiming for Next Generation MMO plus I assume that they are not so shortsighted to make a WoW copy. I really think / hope they are cooking something really NEW and refreshing.

They also said that they are aware of the fact that some day some game will draw the people from WoW and that they will rather do it themselves with their new game, so I assume it will be a competitor to WoW. I also think it will be a subscription based game. They want the money and B2P model would never make them as much cash as the model they used in WoW (if the game is successful and can retain the playerbase). Also cash shops are generally hated by players (or at least by my opinion), so that they would not go in the direction of F2P, in my opinion.

I admit my expectations may be too high, but still look at what they achieved with WoW and also with their other games like Diablo universe and Starcraft universe.

Waiting for L2 EU Classic

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 LondonPosts: 511Member

i expect a fun and content heavy game full of polish and quality like WOW. it was no fluke that WOW went on to became so successful.

Only James Cameron can beat his own movies box office record and only Blizzard can beat its own game in terms of success.

• GruugGruug Chillicothe, ILPosts: 1,317Member Uncommon
    Just speculating but I doubt it will break any "revolutionary" new ground. I really expect it to be no more then WoW with slightly better graphics/sound in a new setting but nothing much else. Niether of those last two really will interest me enough to even try it. However, Blizzard will market it as the "second coming" and the "savior" of all MMO's....which it won't be. Of course, I am just speculating mind you.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• jamielikesyojamielikesyo vancouver, BCPosts: 36Member

Warning, pure speculation inbound.

I figure they will do as they always have, appropriate features and items from current gen industry leaders and perfect them. Housing will be in this time for sure, microtransactions will be in on the ground floor.  Lots of easy grouping options (more PQ's, Rifts, DE's, etc.) Possibly a move to consoles and also mobile tie-ins, possibly ad supported.

Most of all expect a grind. Many soul crushing, boring grinds.

• huskie77huskie77 Nowhere, NEPosts: 354Member
    I expect it to be game of the year in 2017. I expect it to be received like every other MMORPG is nowadays. I expect them to make a fortune off of item shop, subs and expansions.

• TrionicusTrionicus Fort Lauderdale, FLPosts: 489Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Quizzical

I expect it to be a highly polished game based on fundamentally uninteresting game mechanics.

If you rolled it, it couldn't be more blunt. Here's hoping it'll be like the difference between sc1 and sc2.