Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite Class?

Gamer1o1Gamer1o1 Member Posts: 20
What is everyones favorite class so far now that we got a taste.

Comments

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Elementalist or Warrior.

I like the elementalist because of how unique he is and I like the warrior because of how fun his abilities are.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928
    I've played all the classes but thief and guardian, and I must say the classes I enjoyed most were probably Elementalist, Mesmer, and Engineer (only once you get to 10). Warrior seems like it could be really fun because of the high volume of weapon choices, I could definitely see myself playing that.
  • TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177
    I liked my guardian quite a lot. I found the melee classes really hard to play because youd have to be super aware of your surroundings. I made an engineer and I LOVE him. Its soo fun to play. Definitely think ill make one at launch.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176
    So far, Ranger and Engineer are my two favorites.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

At first .... I hated them all except the Guardian.

After the first day .... I liked them all except the Ranger and Engineer.

Today .... I love the Engineer.

As I grasp more and more of the mechanics of the game,  I enjoy the Engineers versatility and micro-management possibilties even more. He seems to be incredibly weak when you try to do only one thing at a time, the more things you do however seem to have a force multipler on him. I still haven't been able to find a DPS build to rival a Elem/War/Thief ... but you also can't kill me ..... I've got to much on my toolbelt.

• Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Melee does so much more damage but it is so much harder to play.  You die a lot quicker and need to learn dodge like there is no tomm.  So far I am liking Necro and Mesmer.  I am not playing past level 15 on any character as to not ruin my real characters experience
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I only tried Ranger, Warrior, Guardian, Necromancer and Guardian.  Of those, Guardian surprisingly was my favorite followed by Necromancer.  I am saving Elementalist and Engineer for launch. Theif too I suppose.  

I'm usually always a ranged class but for some reason I loved swinging that huge hammer around and throwing down ground heals and shields on my Guardian.  Was very fun.

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    I love my engineer.  Mostly cause I do the challenging thing of playing him as a melee (using bombs, dodging and control).  It throws folk off guard in pvp, which i like.  I wasn't going to try wvw, but was testing a theory and owned in 1 on 1 competition.  Dodging, dropping bombs, while my healing turret is out, then tricking them to get close enough to the turret, blowing them up, knocking them back, sticking them in place and then big ole bomb them back agian.  I love the frustration that sets in on my opponents. 
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Elementalist and Mesmer are my favorites so far.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• CodeFuzerCodeFuzer Member UncommonPosts: 105

Originally posted by Tayah

Elementalist and Mesmer are my favorites so far.

same

• RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458
    I really liked the Thief and Guardians. Haven't tried the Necromancer or Elementalist.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    I must be the only guy in the whole forum that has only tried one class. It was the engineer , and i didnt feel the need to try any other, being a notable altholic in other mmos, so i guess i must have like it. Reached level 21
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    This should be a poll, and maybe posted in the beta event forum.
  • KrulosKrulos Member Posts: 68
    im owning all classes 1v1 with my beasty ranger master
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Engineer..
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Mesmer and Thief

Two classes I wanted to play based on previews.

And now that I tried them, i actually found them most fun and suiting my playstyle :)

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I rolled Thief as I planned and fell in love with the class.
  • GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

I went in trying to decide between ele and warrior and came out trying to decide between guardian and necro. I got ele to 21 all other classes to 7 except engineer which doesn't interest me.

Elementalist - damage too low for how squishy they are. I really liked the damage abilities for scepter + dagger but the control was not good at all, really needs a ranged cripple or chill. Has a knockback and knockdown but have to be close for both and will get hit a lot trying to use them. Staff has ranged control  but i didn't like the damage abilities in staff. So this class just didn't fit me very well.

Guardian - Definately suprized me. Damage was better than i expected. by no means the highest damaging class but still very respectable for all the utility you get. Also the best tank class i found. I died the least on this class and people around me died a lot less also. i liked sword+ shield and scepter + focus to toggle between. (torch is really good also) If you haven't tried this class i recommend that you do. :thumb:

Necro - Like elementalist the damage is a bit low but i felt the control and suport were much better , atleast for my playstyle. I talked to a few necro that say you can get the high damage if you go pet build, but i hate pets and do not use any. I like scepter + focus and staff to toggle between. (axe & warhorn also good) Scepter+Focus had the ranged cripple /chill that ele was lacking for the weapons i liked. I didn't use my death shroud very much so cannot comment much on that, but the fact i didn't have to use it much tells you about this classes durability. ;-)

Warrior - I enjoyed this class but it just wasn't as durable as guardian. Damage was really good , control was ok, didn't notice much suport but i think you get most of that from the banners which i didn't get to try. One big thing was the leaping skills from both sword and axe burst were shorter range and didn't always take ya to the mob. I'd fly right through harpies or get stopped by a rat or tree branch. Guardian sword flash skill just teleports you to the mob everytime.

Mesmer - Rather disappointing for me, again I think it was more a playstyle thing than the class being bad. I can see many people playing this for PvP, the class is annoying and i would avoid them. None of the weapons seemed very fluent for me. Scepter has a #2 skill that is a channeled block on a ranged weapon, which i just didn't like at all, i'd hit it a lot while kiting then have to wait the duration as it channeled and did nothing. Should put something like that on sword. Sword actually had that really high damage that Ele didn't for a close weapon but i just don't like being close on a squishy. 2h sword was ok but the 3rd skill would make you stop when you used it, very annoying while kiting around stuff.

Ranger - Great class i expect to see a lot of them in PvP. Best 1200 range damage imo. Only downfall is pet. Dies constantly and is annoying to other player when in big groups cause you mistake them for a player and rez them just so they can die again 2sec later. Need something that lets other players turn pet rez pop-up off. I liked longbow and 2H sword to toggle between.

Thief - Shortbow is what suprized me the most with thief. I actually used it more than melee , even though damage is a ton lower. Exploding cluster bombs in mid air was just too fun , also keeping your enemy poisoned 100% of the time is nice. #5 shadowstep on bow is rather useless though, too short range, seemed to interupt the flow while i was kiting. So i didn't use it. Sword is nice i just wish the shadow return had a bit shorter timer or was gone completely. I would port to the mob and kill him fast them try to port again to the next and get returned instead. I liked shortbow and sword+dagger to toggle between.        

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    I wanted to love thief, but it was the engineer that stole my heart. Grenades FTW!
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    I tried Elementalist, Mesmer and Thief this beta. Focused the most on the Ele. I was planning to roll a Mesmer or Thief on release....until I played the Ele. I LOVE it, the attunements are an awesome mechanic. TBH the mesmer was a little underwhelming but Im sure its because its one of the harder classes to master. For the next beta I will focus on a different class.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

necro was mi favorite hes dps is great whit axe addin Power as stat, the mesmer really dissapoint me  in dps it require alot of movement and weapon and utility all to get him to work great ,not even clone  do much on mesmer are weak (not like minion) and theyr dps  soo terrible even ele do better  and are beast in nuke

i play warrior,mesmer necro ,ele.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Gaurdian so far but need to test the Warrior in the next beta.
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Toss up between Engineer and Warrior. Loved them both.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• ArcheangelArcheangel Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I played every class, except warrior, this weekend.  My absolute favorite in PVE was Mesmer, omg staff/greatsword mesmer was so much fun.  In PVP I played a weapon summoning elementalist, most of my skills were to summon weapons.  One for me and one for one of my team mates.  The ice bow being my personal favorite.
  • dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

Originally posted by Kuppa

I tried Elementalist, Mesmer and Thief this beta. Focused the most on the Ele. I was planning to roll a Mesmer or Thief on release....until I played the Ele. I LOVE it, the attunements are an awesome mechanic. TBH the mesmer was a little underwhelming but Im sure its because its one of the harder classes to master. For the next beta I will focus on a different class.

TRUE , mesmer required alot of movement and utilitie and skills to make it work but i feel very strugle playing mesmer  i play  it more than well to know  all ineed to do and it the hard class to play but they really need to fix dps on mesmer  even clone need alitter more hp and dps cause clone really dont help as much  not even take agroo ;/ ,i play ele and its great  and necro ,but mesmer really dissapoint me cause i was thinking on make him mi main but once i play him iwas meh ;/ even in lvl 14 whit 144 power and his dps wasnt that great  whit greatsword. now mi necro have 121 power and axe weapon 2 skill do 260 dmg  on lvl 18 wish is great