Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice about refund

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Lol....... this is hilarious.

I certainly hope they don't refund you with these blatant lies as reasons for refund. For the others that want to refund I have nothing against you if you have a valid reason but people like the OP saying lies to get refund is not acceptable in my opinion.

OP you should link this thread to paypal for extra proof so they refund you. /sarcasm

• Echo08Echo08 Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by Quizzical

Originally posted by Echo08

Originally posted by elocke

Originally posted by Aroich1

I've created an open dispute via paypal based upon two reasons.

Gameplay footage does not depicate actual gameplay.

Game was sold under the pretense that it's based upon GW free to play model.

Instead its based upon a cash shop.

Not to mention the fact that its a wow clone with zero innovation. It's city of heroes with a Guild Wars skin.

Game isn't officially launched.  Your case doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning until the game officially launches and even then, you are full of crap.  I paid for the same "game" and am getting what I was told I would get.  Explain that?  

Cash shop is optional, always is in these games.  There is no mandatory aspect to it, so you have no point there.  City of Heroes bites and has copy pasta'd environments.  Sure you were playing GW2 at all?  I think you are lying.

Actually it has a very good chance.  Paypal generally favors the buyer in these cases.  And since it was a digital purchase, the seller can just disable the account.  So it it's not like he/she bought a lawn mower and caused wear and tear on it.  Also, there are enough people doing the refund via paypal that it will cause red flags.  Further if paypal wants to keep the buyer as a customer they will consider the buyer's points.  Your arguement is merely a product of your wishful thinking and a sense of how you want things to be.

And if Paypal routinely sides with the buyer in situations where they demonstrably got what they paid for, then sellers won't accept Paypal.  People who want to take stuff without paying for it aren't the most profitable customers.

How is it taking without paying?  It was a digital code?  NCSoft, just merely disables the game from the players acount?  I don't see where the 'taking without playing' took place.  Also, if its just one or 2 people then, no big deal give or don't give a refund.  Arenanet and paypal are essentially out nothing.  Furth paypal is very big, it funded Space X, I can assume that shooting rockets into space is fairly expensive.  So, I suspect they have a good sense of when to refund and when not to.   Now if its 1000 people wanting a refund, yeah there is something going on.   If that is the case arenanet will have bigger problems then refusing refunds.    I will admit I'm doing a refund, because I did not like the game.    

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by Mellkor

Originally posted by jdnewell

Tried it... don't like it.  Refund time.  

And if you want to whine about me pulling my money back.  I care ... no not really.  There was no other way to get a sense for the product with out playing it for a few levels and I didn't enjoy it.     

Douchbaggery abounds.

This entitled generation will be the downfall of us all. =(

On the bright side at least they will ban any account you have or try to make in the future =)

It would be better for everyone involved if they cut these "open beta" marketing stunts and just had a purchase on the day.

Well if you take that precedent then i would made one hell of a mistake and subbed to SWTOR,as i was gettiing it even if i missed Beta  thank the Gods of reality checks,that i got to try it on a so called beta stunt  same with Rift and these tests are needed even if  we are in reality paying to stress test these games and at least i get the choice to sort the wheat from the chaff.

p>
  • Echo08Echo08 Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by jdnewell

And if you want to whine about me pulling my money back.  I care ... no not really.  There was no other way to get a sense for the product with out playing it for a few levels and I didn't enjoy it.     

Douchbaggery abounds.

This entitled generation will be the downfall of us all. =(

On the bright side at least they will ban any account you have or try to make in the future =)

Probably not.  But if saying on a forum with 'Douchbaggery 'makes you feel better, then say it.   Like I said I didn't like it.  So, if its just me then I guess its just me.  And I leave you to your game.

• ZolbZolb Member UncommonPosts: 53

Sure there was.  Wait until the free trial that inevitably comes a while after release and play that.

or wait until a few weeks before the actual release, im quite sure there will be some sort of open beta like SW:TOR had just before the game goes live, they will be giving weekend beta keys out like candy!

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Who is the Op trying to convince, us or himself?
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by redcap036

Who is the Op trying to convince, us or himself?

They're always trying to convince us.

• Sp1dersbaneSp1dersbane Member Posts: 49

I purchased GW2 through AreaNet.
    After playing the game its quite clear that theyve broke the advertising standards authoritys rules.

Videos depicting game play on the website do not depicte actual gameplay.
    They did not mention the game is based on a free to play model with cash shop.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice so that I can get a refund through my bank.

No rules broken. No video on GW2's main site lists it as in game footage (just promotional). The game has been listed as F2P with a cash shop since conception and initial announcement. A.Net should be your target for a refund, not your bank. If you could just go to a bank to reverse payments for goods then everyone would be driving an Aston Martin.

• pausenpausen Member Posts: 10

After playing the game its quite clear that theyve broke the advertising standards authoritys rules.

I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice so that I can get a refund through my bank.

here is a bucket full of fish heads 

#good deed for april-28

feed hungry troll

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Not to mention the fact that its a wow clone with zero innovation. It's city of heroes with a Guild Wars skin.

Funfact; you need to play the game before making the assumptions of clone-ism. You're right! It is a WoW clone, it has graphics, and sound, and a sword, and a health bar, and a left-click action, and a hotbar, and a loot-system, and a . . .

It's a GW system, GW has always been F2P with cash-shop. Look it up. Gameplay footage is exactly what you get in game. 

This game has tons of innovation. This is the first game where I have been told, pick a direction and find adventure. I'm sorry, but your 'WoW' has quest hubs. GW2 Does have quests, but they aren't so restrictive. It'll give you a vague quest such as "Help this town." Sure, you can kill the invaders of the town, but you can also grab a bucket and put out fires, rescue trapped citizens. . . This happens for most quests. Random events happen quite often and are able to scale to the number of people participating.

Want to PVP, click a button. Don't want to do your story quests yet? Go into the world, find a lookout to find out whats going on around and throw yourself in. I'm sorry; but GW2 is well worth my $60. 

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    At this point, please do not attack the OP. If you disapprove of his thread or opinion, disagree in a civil manner. Namecalling and other attacks will be removed. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• laxika91laxika91 Member Posts: 50
    I got exactly what I saw in the vids. Fast placed, pvp action. It's buggy, and long queues, but exactly what'd in the vids...
  • TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

That GW2 was going to be F2P with a cash shop has been known since, what, 2008? Not long after the game was first confirmed t be existence, at least.

And I don't what game you're playing, but combat has been EXACTLY, 100% what I expected from watching numerous videos.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

You have not played the game yet, you have played the beta.  The cash shop is not enabled in the beta, but has been discussed in depth in many sources including with the developers.  What has triggered your panic?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by Kakkzooka

In order to get a refund, you would have actually had to prepurchase the game.

Back under your bridge, troll. Stat!

Good boy.

*rolls eyes*

Reading is hard for some people or they just don't care.

Originally posted by Amana

At this point, please do not attack the OP. If you disapprove of his thread or opinion, disagree in a civil manner. Namecalling and other attacks will be removed. 

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Good boy.

*rolls eyes*

To be fair the OP has yet to prove any of the points he made on this thread so... we are still waiting.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    People who post asking how to get a refund are inevitably trolls and/or angry ex-fanbois. There are better channels to dela with that kind of issue...
  • EnterTheWombatEnterTheWombat Member UncommonPosts: 112
    It explicitly says when you "PRE PURCHASED", not PRE ORDERED, that it was non refundable. You as the consumer agreed to it and now you'll have to take it.  Shit, if something being missing from the advertised final product (which this isnt at all), then every MMO EVER would have to refund every player for every game and every expansion and every monthly payment. GTF over it and eat the $60-$100 you spent and chalk it up to your own stupidity.  
  • KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by Banisco

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Good boy.

*rolls eyes*

To be fair the OP has yet to prove any of the points he made on this thread so... we are still waiting.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• johnbowjohnbow Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by elocke

Game isn't officially launched.  Your case doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning until the game officially launches and even then, you are full of crap.  I paid for the same "game" and am getting what I was told I would get.  Explain that?  

Cash shop is optional, always is in these games.  There is no mandatory aspect to it, so you have no point there.  City of Heroes bites and has copy pasta'd environments.  Sure you were playing GW2 at all?  I think you are lying.

Actually it has a very good chance.  Paypal generally favors the buyer in these cases.  And since it was a digital purchase, the seller can just disable the account.  So it it's not like he/she bought a lawn mower and caused wear and tear on it.  Also, there are enough people doing the refund via paypal that it will cause red flags.  Further if paypal wants to keep the buyer as a customer they will consider the buyer's points.  Your arguement is merely a product of your wishful thinking and a sense of how you want things to be.

And if Paypal routinely sides with the buyer in situations where they demonstrably got what they paid for, then sellers won't accept Paypal.  People who want to take stuff without paying for it aren't the most profitable customers.

How is it taking without paying?  It was a digital code?  NCSoft, just merely disables the game from the players acount?  I don't see where the 'taking without playing' took place.  Also, if its just one or 2 people then, no big deal give or don't give a refund.  Arenanet and paypal are essentially out nothing.  Furth paypal is very big, it funded Space X, I can assume that shooting rockets into space is fairly expensive.  So, I suspect they have a good sense of when to refund and when not to.   Now if its 1000 people wanting a refund, yeah there is something going on.   If that is the case arenanet will have bigger problems then refusing refunds.    I will admit I'm doing a refund, because I did not like the game.    

This closed beta is only available to customers who pre-purchased GW2. It is considered part of the package of the pre-purchase, not available to others who were not as fortunate to be able to pre-purchase. By requesting a refund, he would have in reality played the closed beta for free, which is not intended to be the case. For that yes, to me it seems to be taking without paying.

To you, its just disabling your account, no big deal. But you have also denied another person a chance on playing the closed beta since the pre-purchase copies are limited. You denied ANet 1 customer who could have pre-purchased and experienced the closed beta. You contributed to the server load when you logged in to play, costing ANet resources, as well as to the lag that many particpants of the closed beta experienced.  Personally, I do not think the customer is justified in his request for refund. Of course, that and his rights are totally separate issues.

Saying that what you got is not as advertised is fair, though I think what needs to be establised is whether ANet intentionally misrepresented the product they were selling, or shown some form of negligence in informing the customer. Hell, lots of advertisements on TV exaggerate wildly, do you really believe you can eat a mint and suddenly you're transported to the North Pole??

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    A very successful troll post indeed....I wonder how much longer people will go on answering him as if he's for real....
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Lovely troll methinks? For one thing, all the game play videos are of gameplay, there are no cinematics. So that's a silly argument. It's also based on the GW buy to play model, which also includes a cash shop.

You call it a WoW clone and a CoH clone, at the same time? Alrighty then.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• johnbowjohnbow Member Posts: 6

It is quite clear that you have failed to be an informed customer.

If you went to Burger King and bought some fries, do you ask for a refund after eating it because you did not know that those fries contain potatoes?

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Originally posted by Bladestrom

You have not played the game yet, you have played the beta.  The cash shop is not enabled in the beta, but has been discussed in depth in many sources including with the developers.  What has triggered your panic?

Correction; the cash shop is enabled in the beta. They give you 2000 gems for free as a beta bonus.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• AbrexusAbrexus Member UncommonPosts: 39

Originally posted by Banisco

OP please post one of those videos were the gameplay difers from the real game so we can understand your point of vew. Also the game is buy to play wich means you pay once and can play forever, nothing on the cahs shop is necesary in order to keep playing the game, it doesnt force you to use it.

These are both very good points.  Also, as far as the cash shop goes....it's like buying a smartphone and then buying apps.  The apps aren't a necesity for the phone to do what's advertised, they are simply added features you can buy if you want them. I have no problem with this business model.

• Take care, young ladies, and value your wine.
    • Be watchful of young men in their velvet prime.
    • Deeply they'll swallow from your finest kegs,
    • Then swiftly be gone, leaving bitter dregs.
This discussion has been closed.