Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read here before crying about problems in BETA

13»

Comments

• Miotoss03Miotoss03 Member Posts: 34
    To they people saying they will fix the lag. What game in the last 5 years fixed the lag you saw in a Advertisment beta fixed in release? Answer is none. Im sick of seeing it will be fixed because this is beta. 
  • k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Originally posted by Miotoss03

To they people saying they will fix the lag. What game in the last 5 years fixed the lag you saw in a Advertisment beta fixed in release? Answer is none. Im sick of seeing it will be fixed because this is beta. 

Hint : Beta means not all the release servers were deployed, either because they didn't seal the deal with provider yet, either because they're still engineering the needed quantity and technology.

Followup hint : if not all servers were deployed, that means some people could be at some more distance than others from server farms.

Experience : I didn't have any, absolutely no lag at all. While some other people on my server were having a lot.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

Not a valid excuse. They limited pre orders and knew what was coming. I get it its beta but its an advertisment beta about as close to open beta as you can get. 
  • DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Pre-ordering to participate in beta does not change the fact that its STILL BETA no matter how you try to rationalise it.

Once again death in the last 5 years name one company that fixed beta problems in release there are none.  Especially when it comes to server side lag which is troubling considering this game has RVR.
  • LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by ebonized

Originally posted by Stimos8

Yeah thats great and all... but your forgotting one very important thing, most of the bad reviews about beta so far have been about the graphics, bad art style, same quests and movement/ gameplay bulkiness. You cant change anyone of those things once its hit beta, why? Because its to late, to have a full game revamp. It doesnt bring anything new to the table, like promised and overall does not appear to be that good...

pretty sure all those things boil down to opinion, because many people find them highly enjoyable and well done. if it's not that good for you then move on, stop posting in every single GW2 thread crying about it. go do something else with your life :|

And these complains aren't really justified, the Art style, Graphics are exactly the same as Press Videos that we have seen, there are hundred's of hours of footage available prior to the Pre-Purchase. If you didn't like it then, you wouldn't like it now. But if you like it then, then experience it yourself and didn't like it now, then I don't know what else to say. You got what you paid for.

Movement is very responsive to me, I click a skill, it goes off, sometimes a slight delay, which I have send a report.

Quests weren't the same, unless you stay at one place for the entire time, the maps are huge, I venture into places and gets instant quests to do, I can do them or not, there is no one that tells me that I have to do them.

The things they promised was in the game, there is no healer, no tank taunts, quests pops as you near them, you can jump, you can swim. Everything they said they put in is in, I don't understand your argument. Like Ebonized said, many find them new and enjoyable, if you don't like it, its your opinion. But really you should have done your research for an game that you purchased before a release date is given.

If i was promised TERA graphics and gotten GW2 graphics then yes it was a disappointment, but I was promised GW2 graphics and got GW2 graphics. How can I argue that?

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

oh look its "just the beta posts" starting up!

GW2  fans are such hypocrits. If theis was any other game they would be bashing the game to high heaven, but because its Anet/GW2....NOW they get a free pass.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by miagisan

GW2  fans are such hypocrits. If theis was any other game they would be bashing the game to high heaven, but because its Anet/GW2....NOW they get a free pass.

people are already bashing the Game, I would rather they find more ERRORS and the Server Crashes more often in this BWE than the next. Because I really want to experience the next BWE with only half the ERRORs we are currently getting. And half the amount of Errors on the Third BWE.

What you are forgetting is that this is only the First of many BWE. Its not the BETA you are used to getting just before Launch.

We don't even have a Release date, bash the game now, so that on the SECOND BWE only those that wants to play the games play the game, then when its finally ready for Release, the HYPE will be even bigger than its now.

Its really smart Marketing move on ANet's part, make everyone feel like its the Launch day, so that on Launch day, all these problems and hate and QQ will all be taken cared of.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    It is beta some of you just need to get over yourselves. Some of you guys just have no clue. it even says WORK IN PROGRESS when you log in. It isn't like the game is going to be released tomorrow.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Originally posted by Lucioon

Originally posted by miagisan

people are already bashing the Game, I would rather they find more ERRORS and the Server Crashes more often in this BWE than the next. Because I really want to experience the next BWE with only half the ERRORs we are currently getting. And half the amount of Errors on the Third BWE.

What you are forgetting is that this is only the First of many BWE. Its not the BETA you are used to getting just before Launch.

We don't even have a Release date, bash the game now, so that on the SECOND BWE only those that wants to play the games play the game, then when its finally ready for Release, the HYPE will be even bigger than its now.

Its really smart Marketing move on ANet's part, make everyone feel like its the Launch day, so that on Launch day, all these problems and hate and QQ will all be taken cared of.

and i could point out numerous post histories WITHIN THIS THREAD of people sticking up for Anets "Beta" while they bashed other game's beta. I am just pointing out their hypocrisy.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Originally posted by Lucioon

Originally posted by AvatarBlade

Originally posted by TheCrow2k

lol, this is the norm now in MMO's. 99% of participants treat betas (happens in closed & open betas btw) as a free trial / demo. As a result the whinging is epic & the devs get no discernible increase in bug reports.....

I agree with you that an actual beta shouldn't be treated like a free trial/demo, but the moment you use the beta acces as marketing to convince people to pre-purchase, pay the game in full, there will be a lot of upset customers, since at this moment they are customers. I know that you actually pay for the game when it releases, not the beta, but it has been used as an incentive to convince people to buy faster and that results in people that have this issues being angry.

You are correct that using Pre-Purchases as a Beta tester is really not that good of an decision on Anet's part. They should have just choosen from the million player that signed up for the beta as their testers. Then on the 2nd BWE to offer it to Pre-purchasers.

Atleast they took care of the log in problems and transfer problems, now they got months to work them out without the pressures of the playerbase, like so many other MMO's during launch.

From what I experienced, SWTOR didn't really have a smooth launch, there was a huge outcry from the playerbase during launch. Same with almost every MMO launch that I can remember, launches was never smooth.

ANet are - essentially - doing exactly what they did before launching GW1. Back then people (in the US where I was then) could pay $5 if memory serves to participate in the beta weekends. (The very first weekend may have  been free). There were - about 6? - over about 6 months. If they liked what they saw they got $5 off the final product; if not no refund. Pretty sure that is how it worked.

Yes there are:

- pure marketing beta tests

- stress tests

- open beta tests

And this appears to be an open beta test.

The advantage being that thousands and thousands of people can - and usually will - find bugs and issues much quicker than a pretty small group of closed beta testers. Blizzard ran the US WoW beta for 10 months before launch; and towards the end had a parrallel EU beta - with a different version of the software so that they could check things out faster.

All a case of what ANet do next. And given their track record of launching polished GW1 products I would expect them to come good. Nor are they launching a subscription game. They want buyers next year and the year after. They also don't want to have support on-hoing for years.

Past success never equates to current success. Look at mythic, bioware, sony, ncsoft. All had good mmo's at one time and failed on follow ups. Anet to me is no exception. 

This game was hyped more than warhammer and is basically warhammer with better graphics.  Rift is really the only game in the past 5 years that had a good solid beta and launch and they were a start up company.  I played and I find it very concerning that serverside lag is happening when pvp is the focus.

• diabisdiabis Member Posts: 35
    I am truely amased, that you are told plainly what you are signing up for and still people think it will be something else. Smooth lauch mean bust it down now. No game and I mean no game has ever come up witout stress test and bug test. Different computers, setups and the list goes on will add to what could be wrong or go wrong. I went into the forums Devs have been posting regular. But this is a Beta Event, it was meant to stress and for us to play what we have been waiting for. I do miss the old days and I truely mean years ago, when they truely pulled in for free beta people without charging or pre buying. But that was days gone by long before GW2. I have enjoyed my look at the world, and I have answered all the survey's and submited bug reports as I run into stuff. The game so far is what I expect, and I look forward to getting back on tonight after work for more gaming and reports.

Look for the Rose with the Thorn.

This is an open beta for the most part. Open beta's are meant to sell the game. This is no stress test. If it was they wouldnt have limited orders try again. 
  • UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

Originally posted by Miotoss03

This is an open beta for the most part. Open beta's are meant to sell the game. This is no stress test. If it was they wouldnt have limited orders try again. 

This would be an open beta if the game maybe came out next month. It's a stress test. You just paid for it is all. Id expect to see another 2-3 of these before release.

Really wouldn't expect the game for atleast 3 months.

This discussion has been closed.