Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's BETA so offcorse not all go well, but game is alot better then almost all out there.

GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Don't believe the haters game looks good and finally a game where many npc's are dynamic and walk around asking for help or you bump into them and you can help solve a problem.

Offcorse combat and whole system is getting use to its so different from other games that you have to learn play totally different then WoW or all those clones.

Ive after few hours already done some nice dynamic quests and game is alive and kicking not like boring well known waxmuseum npcs waiting to give quests kill 10x this or deliver that no GW2 is alot more then that and its fun to i played open beta of TERA and quit after 30min im playing for more then 6 hours now and im having a BLAST.

This is what i was looking for it breakes lose from all those hundreds of mmo's that all copy one another.

Its worth 100% B2P without the monthly sub it best on market so far.

Still its beta so bugs lag and other problems happen but they can be solved NO BIG DEAL all betas have these problems GW2 no exception here.

Great beta so far rating for first 6 hours 8+/10

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Not to doubt you but the fact that your avatar, and sig are both GW2 hardly lends to your impartiality.

How is the combat "different" from "wow and all those clones"?

What do you personally like about it? 

It seems you really enjoyed the dynamic npc's walking around and such... tell me some more abou those perhaps?

Thanks for your reply.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Forgot to mention many people now revive you even tho total strangers and i have feeling its a community helping each other.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Whats better in GW2? I have not seen anything at all.
  • SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Just keep telling yourself that. I'm so glad I didn't get burned on this one.
  • AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154
    TERA Beta would like a word with you, as well as the other 100 BETA games that I would rather not mention.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

Don't believe the haters game looks good and finally a game where many npc's are dynamic and walk around asking for help or you bump into them and you can help solve a problem.

Offcorse combat and whole system is getting use to its so different from other games that you have to learn play totally different then WoW or all those clones.

Ive after few hours already done some nice dynamic quests and game is alive and kicking not like boring well known waxmuseum npcs waiting to give quests kill 10x this or deliver that no GW2 is alot more then that and its fun to i played open beta of TERA and quit after 30min im playing for more then 6 hours now and im having a BLAST.

This is what i was looking for it breakes lose from all those hundreds of mmo's that all copy one another.

Its worth 100% B2P without the monthly sub it best on market so far.

Still its beta so bugs lag and other problems happen but they can be solved NO BIG DEAL all betas have these problems GW2 no exception here.

Great beta so far rating for first 6 hours 8+/10

Is a good game, for a b2p MMO, but thats all. If you played warhammer or rift, the Pve feels exactly like that, so in some point it get bored, and there is something bad with the animations. The only good think that i found was the WvWvW and again, is just a copy and paste of warhammer, all the game feel like a cheap copy of warhammer, and is not bad, gw2 is a good game, but is far away to be the ¨revolution¨ that everyone was talking about..

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Forgot to mention many people now revive you even tho total strangers and i have feeling its a community helping each other.

That is cool :-D  I like community building mechanics.

How did you feel about whichever class you played? 

What did you like about it and how was it unique? 

I, as a prospective buyer, am rather curious about how the average player feels about things like the weapons changing skills mechanics and the different ways each class has sort of "stances"

It all seems very interesting, but I didn't have the money to drop on two games at once.

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Not to doubt you but the fact that your avatar, and sig are both GW2 hardly lends to your impartiality.

How is the combat "different" from "wow and all those clones"?

What do you personally like about it? 

It seems you really enjoyed the dynamic npc's walking around and such... tell me some more abou those perhaps?

Thanks for your reply.

You have to dodge alot you swap weapons you can even when your down help kill mod.

Whole game world is so much more alive and you dont have to worry about going to a hub get all your quests thats how is so different from WoW not to mention it looks alot better then WoW or even TERA i like how it looks but i got high end pc maybe that help alittle hehe.

The sig i have i placed there when i prepurchase the game so im not a longterm follower and can't be objective i realy look at this game with open mind.

I come from AC-L2-Darkfall so im not even a themepark player but GW2 is just so different then all these themeparks out there ive tryed for short while.

You step into world and dynamiclly the npcs come up to you running and ask you help with some task or solve a problem ive never seen this in any game its awesome.

You run around and you just run into a dunamic event no need to get quest or party up you just participate thats hwat i like so much about this game.

• troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

Beta weekends give you access to a small part of the game, it's usually the best part of the game.  Once the game goes live everyone goes OMFG THIS GAME SUCKS because there first 20 hours of gameplay was 10x better than the end game.

It's not a coincidence that after the game goes live people are going to say te standardized stuff "zomg it's boring all there is is WvWvW" and "the end game sucks"

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

Don't get me wrong, I think GW2 could be pretty good.  But there is no denying that there's some glaring issues with the game right now such as the fact the game is CPU bound right now, and many people are having major performance issues. I'm not, thankfully. But a few of my friends are an they've got pretty awesome machines as well.

Content wise, the game really makes an effort at trying to be different so I will give credit where it's due, the world feels more alive than most...But along with that means it can also feel like a total nightmare because of the quest design and it's attempt at being more like events than quests...It's just weird.. I also have to be honest about their personal story system, It flat out sucks compared to SW:TOR's. I hope this game isn't close to coming out, and that there are mannyyyy beta's ahead beforehand...Otherwise I don't think ArenaNet is going to be very happy with the results they get.

I realy dont care what all you guys are saying its obvious many of you are fan of other games and have not played this game so your opinion is useless.

This game is so much more then other themeparks im glad i bought the game:)

I realy hope most can see behind all the nonsens that is spread here game is alot more and alot better then most out there and you dont even have to pay a monthly fee for a quality game most press that tested game where right the game is very good.
  • ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

I realy hope most can see behind all the nonsens that is spread here game is alot more and alot better then most out there and you dont even have to pay a monthly fee for a quality game most press that tested game where right the game is very good.

because your opinion is the only one that matters?

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Personally I'm not a fan of "it's beta, it can suck" responses. When you have large scale beta it's best to have it run well, less a pure stress test beta which that was the last one and perhaps something later. I'm not going to be the internet police taming the horde of dispointed players otherwise, I get paid exactly zero for doing that, it's Anet's job to communicate.

I do find it slightly disturbing though, that this is Anet we are talking about. GW1 beta was impecabible as was its release. It never had the issues GW2 is having beta or not. It was beautiful, so a standard was set for them. So in that, it is a little disapointing and I don't need someone telling me or giving me a definition of beta.

This is a pay to enter open beta, people right or wrong will expect s certain level of quality and they don't need a non-Anet person trying to console them.

He is like the guy that starts clapping afther something he think is good happens but then he looks around and notices he is the only one clapping.

Originally posted by Mannish

He is like the guy that starts clapping afther something he think is good happens but then he looks around and notices he is the only one clapping.

man, you crack me up. 

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Valentina    I hope this game isn't close to coming out, and that there are mannyyyy beta's ahead beforehand...Otherwise I don't think ArenaNet is going to be very happy with the results they get.

Was there a long 'closed invite' beta, before these weekends, or are these weekend sort of replacing closed betas that other games previously had?

I was under the impression that it was still a while away from release, rather than being a month or two away. No?

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

I realy dont care what all you guys are saying its obvious many of you are fan of other games and have not played this game so your opinion is useless.

So why post your this game is better than almost all others out there thread ?

You don't care what "all you guys say".

Why should anyone care what you say then ?

How is your opinion useful and others useless ?

Unless , only useful opinions are ones that agree with you , and anyone who doesnt agree is useless ?

• LoekiiLoekii Member Posts: 430

Imo, good games overcome negative hype, just as bad games cannot be disquised by positive spin.

If the game is good, people will play it, regardless of what other say on a forum.   If it is a bad game, people will leave it, regardless of what others say on a forum.

For myself, I am interested to see how ANet responds to the betaweekend feedback.   Will they work to make improvements, or will they dismiss the criticisms and ignore the identified issues?    How a company improves/responds is an important aspect to me.  

Originally posted by Arkinia

Thats not what im saying here so no not at all is my opinon the only right one.

But for past 8 years people keep bashing down and degrading all new mmo's nomatter what developers trying its never good.

Well GW2 is different ALOT different and very good so i hope many will see beyond all the nonsens by others here who not even have played or bought the game and my gues is 80% just give there opinion here on forum about GW2 while they have not played 1 second lol.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

it's obvious why you dont like GW2 because you prefer ASIAN games
    so it's just a matter of taste ;)

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

Originally posted by Arkinia

Thats not what im saying here so no not at all is my opinon the only right one.

But for past 8 years people keep bashing down and degrading all new mmo's nomatter what developers trying its never good.

Well GW2 is different ALOT different and very good so i hope many will see beyond all the nonsens by others here who not even have played or bought the game and my gues is 80% just give there opinion here on forum about GW2 while they have not played 1 second lol.

I'm happy you are enjoying the game, really. Just realize everyone is entitled to thier opinion, good or bad. Have fun!

Originally posted by Dahkot72

So why post your this game is better than almost all others out there thread ?

You don't care what "all you guys say".

Why should anyone care what you say then ?

How is your opinion useful and others useless ?

Unless , only useful opinions are ones that agree with you , and anyone who doesnt agree is useless ?

You guys come here and say GW2 is bad while im convinced at least 80%(can't prove this offcorse pure speculation) have not bought or played the game, there opinions are mainly pure out of hate or from what they seen in videos and now feared that there beloved game maybe fail becouse all are going to play GW2.

But as far as i know where all free to express our opinions about game or not.

I just hope most will see beyond all the nay sayers who never have played the game.

Originally posted by illyana

it's obvious why you dont like GW2 because you prefer ASIAN games

so it's just a matter of taste ;)

I prefer good mmos and nonthing else. Asian mmos are better then western mmos.