Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera Crafting?

mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373
I was reading through Teras Site and got tocrafting.  If everyone can make everything, how will the market fair?

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by mastersomrat

I was reading through Teras Site and got tocrafting.  If everyone can make everything, how will the market fair?

No one knows really, but not everyone is going to craft. Gather materials isn't exactly going to be easy, lot of work. Most guilds pool all their material to 1-3 crafter who crafts stuff for the entire guild. Indiviually its probaly much more work. But until the game releases no one really going to know.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Some one needs to post a vid of the crafting here.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• MehveMehve Member Posts: 487

Originally posted by mastersomrat

The first bit of crafting is dead easy to level up, since you can get through entire tiers by simply refining the the stuff you gathered. In fact, that's exactly what you want to do, since the stuff you can make it pretty much entirely inferior to what the main storyline quests give you, or the dungeons/BAM drops provide.

Later on, the craft levelling has to come entirely from making actual stuff, so the number of people bothering will drop off sharply. Especially since there are some disparities between what the monsters drop and what you need for a given crafting level. Supposedly, at end-game, the crafted stuff is actually viable, but the number of people in a position to craft it will be much smaller than right now.

Also, starting with today's headstart, they also removed the lucky/fortune/destiny eggs, which were the primary source of pots for everyone. Alchemy just got A LOT more useful.

A Modest Proposal for MMORPGs:
    That the means of progression would not be mutually exclusive from the means of enjoyment.