Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Having A Guild In GW2 Is A Horrid Idea

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Everyone keeps saying what a great idea this is, but I fail to see how an mmo media comany with the most users (at least in the NA) making a guild that will have a HUGE % of the Guild Wars 2 population in it is a good idea at all.

What about other people who want to form competive guilds too?

It looks like MMORPG.com's guild will be the biggest one in Guild Wars 2 and the game hasn't even freaking gone live! I think this is the worst idea, and I don't see how it's fair to the rest of the population of Guild Wars 2 who doesn't want anything to do with this guild.

I mean we already know who's going to monopilize Guild Vs. Guild and the game is just going into it's first CB. Huge companies like MMORPG.com can have their own guild for their freaking staff, but come on, letting the whole population join? There's going to be no guild who can even hope to stand against that.

Smile

Comments

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650
    It is for the BETA, it hasn't been talked about prior to release, and no one is forcing anyone to join.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Originally posted by Wolvards

It is for the BETA, it hasn't been talked about prior to release, and no one is forcing anyone to join.

Where did it state it was just for CB? I didn't see that anywhere o.o

Smile

• ZNICKZNICK Member Posts: 38

It won't be big enough to make any difference at all. It's server vs server in WvW so who cares? In competitive pvp it's 5v5... again... who cares?

Even if everyone who frequents these forums who's not already in another guild joins, in the overall scheme of things it's a drop in a bucket.

Z

Join TOSH, 13 Year MMORPG Guild: www.theorderofthesilverhand.com

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

So.....what's...wrong with MMORPG's guild exactly? So they have alot of members? Why is that a problem? Because you wont be able to get alot of people to join your guild? Why not just join MMORPG's guild? Be on the winning team?

[Mod Edit] You can't really expect to have a full guild in beta....I for one hope the MMORPG guild continues on long after beta...

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

There are about 25 of us so far. Hardly LARGEST GUILD EVER OMG TOO POWERFUL. Had a blast with some guildies in WvW though ;3

Originally posted by Razeekster

When it was first posted, it was...

"Why don't us MMORPG.COM people meet up for the first BWE"

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165
    You overestimate the number of people that will join this guild/mmorpg.com has, you also under estimate the amount of people who will be playing GW2 if you think this guild will hold even 1% of the GW2 population.
    Well, maybe I am worrying over nothing, but I'm just looking at the long run.

Smile

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Not to mention if you read through the posts it was only mentioned once that it could possibly become a guild after release, and then it wasn't brought up. Think you may want to calm down before starting a rage thread about monopolizing anything. Relax man it's just a game. I was going to run with the MMORPG.com crew until my guild leader said he would be on after his trip to New Orleans. If they allow the server visitation mechanic for the BWE, I may still pop over and say HI.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

Originally posted by FlawSGI

Not to mention if you read through the posts it was only mentioned once that it could possibly become a guild after release, and then it wasn't brought up. Think you may want to calm down before starting a rage thread about monopolizing anything. Relax man it's just a game. I was going to run with the MMORPG.com crew until my guild leader said he would be on after his trip to New Orleans. If they allow the server visitation mechanic for the BWE, I may still pop over and say HI.

Guild Wars was one of my favorite games so I just didn't want to see Guild Wars 2 get taken over by a random company because they felt the need to make a guild in the game.  I guess I may be overreacting.

Smile

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    As others have said its WvWvW and not really 'guild wars' so not really an issue. Besides, games have been full of zerg guilds such as the Goons from Something Awful.com and yet the genre's managed to survive.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

I have never in my forum posting life had an urge to do this until I read this thread. So, here it goes...

/facepalm

Guild Wars was one of my favorite games so I just didn't want to see Guild Wars 2 get taken over by a random company because they felt the need to make a guild in the game.  I guess I may be overreacting.

Hey, that's a legit response, kudos to you sir. Kudos to you.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Hey, that's a legit response, kudos to you sir. Kudos to you.

I concur.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    I would love to join the guild, what server is it on?

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.