Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Head Start Weekend Begins Saturday

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

While TERA doesn't officially launch until May 1st, players who preordered the game will see their journey begin starting Saturday, April 28th. Beginning at 8:00 a.m. PDT, players can log into TERA servers and begin playing.

Grab all of the specific details on the TERA launch page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Since last weekend I have not been able to log on into any MMO again and utilize their tab-targetting or click-targetting combat system.

I have seen the light, and it is good, it is TRUE ACTION MMO COMBAT, and its name is Tera.

See you all Saturday

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I can't wait. This is going to be fun. I think I'm already level 18? I just had too much work to keep playing in the open beta.
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    DCUO has a better combat system and I enjoyed the 3 beta's I did but it was like playing all the other mmo's out there with a new combat system that was not really new DDO is almost the same and plays better in my opinion. This game would be better if they had the skill system with weapon to have combos and such like DCUO and skill bar lay out like it as well.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Loved that trailers, got me even more excited about Saturday.  First thing I'm going to do is go out and look for the biggest bad ass Monster and kick its ass!
  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Played the beta to 30 and was completely sold. o/

This game gets so much better 20+.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Can't wait!

I hate DCUOs combat, but love TERAs. Personal opinions are just that: opinions, not fact.

Joined - July 2004

• AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

lol Laross

You will get your chance at a Bam on the starter island in a later quest.  Would say you should be level 12 to take him on and have a chance to come out alive.

Enjoy and have fun in game. )

You may see me in game if you are on the Dragonfall server.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

I did enjoy DCUO combat as well, it was different

REally enojoying TEra for combat, and I think this game will be a great success because not so many people are buying it for the name.  

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132
    Also, strange how ArenaNet has their first Guild Wars 2 pre-purchase beta event over this weekend as well... ahhh, I see what you did their ArenaNet. Well played sir!
  • LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

Originally posted by Acornia

lol Laross

You will get your chance at a Bam on the starter island in a later quest.  Would say you should be level 12 to take him on and have a chance to come out alive.

Enjoy and have fun in game. )

You may see me in game if you are on the Dragonfall server.

lol nice, yah i remember that first bam on the island, it was actually challenging.  But the Bam I need to get revenge on is the Rock monster that looks like a rock in the sand.  I accidentally backed up into him and he broke through my shield in one hit and took 2 k of my life.  

I'm on Valley of Titans,  level 32 stacked to the nine and ready to take on some BAMssssssss.

• JediSeerJediSeer Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by nolic1

DCUO has a better combat system and I enjoyed the 3 beta's I did but it was like playing all the other mmo's out there with a new combat system that was not really new DDO is almost the same and plays better in my opinion. This game would be better if they had the skill system with weapon to have combos and such like DCUO and skill bar lay out like it as well.

Noooo waaaaay! DC's 7-8 or so ability hotbar limit is h-o-r-r-i-d! I realize why they did it (for their console counterpart), but limiting their hotbar to 7 or 8 abilities really sucks for those of us playing on a PC. I want access to all my abilities, at all times!

"Sorry Supes, you can't use your heat vision this round, it's not on your hotbar!" Lame.

Matter of fact, if DCUO's combat and UI were more like TERA's, I'd still be playing DCUO. I really love the DC Universe, but that game isn't close to TERA, as far as gameplay IMHO.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

You should highlight the start time, and mention they just changed it today.

Most of us had no idea, and I myself just found out via their site and was coming here to let everyone know when I noticed your article mentions the updated time already.

You guys were on the ball today!

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I never said DCUO comabt was the best as fact but my opinion as for all the others here I am glde your happy with teras combat I wasnt and that what turned me off besides the rehash of all things almost in other mmo's thats been done.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    I enjoy both DCUO (comic lore helps as I'm a comic book nerd) and Tera as well (for now.. as I'm trying GW 2 beta in a few hours). I enjoy the DCUO once in awhile for $9.99 a month (legendary)... too many games, too little time.
  • MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Can't justify paying for something that will be f2p within a year.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Personally, I was surprised at how much better Tera looks than GW2 now that I was able to play the open beta last weekend.

Now after trying out the Tera combat system, GW2 looks really boring and nothing but button-mashing as well. I might try GW2 once it launches, but I doubt it will keep my interest like Tera.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by MrBoots

Newsflash, all mmo's will be f2p inevitably because it is the new trend. Nevermind that the RL economy is forcing it to become so.

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

I've give it three months before we see a F2P + Cash shop business model for this game. Since it was origionally an Korean/Asian grinder, I'm surprised they didn't do this from the out set.

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

I've give it three months before we see a F2P + Cash shop business model for this game. Since it was origionally an Korean/Asian grinder, I'm surprised they didn't do this from the out set.

just curious, how much of the game did you play? 

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    I played for the majority of the NA beta. The combat is awesome when compared to games like wow. Unfortunately nothing else is worth talking about.
  • ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

I played for the majority of the NA beta. The combat is awesome when compared to games like wow. Unfortunately nothing else is worth talking about.

I wasn't trolling just keep hearing Tera gets better after 20, and hoping it does. 

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Originally posted by Arkinia

I wasn't trolling just keep hearing Tera gets better after 20, and hoping it does. 

it definitely does. I would say around lvl22 when u can begin to solo BAMs is when I went from liking this game to loving it!

Joined - July 2004

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by JediSeer

Originally posted by nolic1

Noooo waaaaay! DC's 7-8 or so ability hotbar limit is h-o-r-r-i-d! I realize why they did it (for their console counterpart), but limiting their hotbar to 7 or 8 abilities really sucks for those of us playing on a PC. I want access to all my abilities, at all times!

"Sorry Supes, you can't use your heat vision this round, it's not on your hotbar!" Lame.

Matter of fact, if DCUO's combat and UI were more like TERA's, I'd still be playing DCUO. I really love the DC Universe, but that game isn't close to TERA, as far as gameplay IMHO.

This is why I can't get into GW or GW2.  I just don't like the limitations put on the hotbars.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

just curious, how much of the game did you play? 

Doesn't matter.  There are some people on these forums that will claim every game will be f2p in a year or less.  The three months is just odd, but to each bad opinion their own.  Especially if it has quests, quests just mean it is a wow cloan, and only GW2 will save us from the quest grind, even though the live streams I have watched today, looked like they were pretty much doing the same things as you do in every other quest based game.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Originally posted by remyburke

it definitely does. I would say around lvl22 when u can begin to solo BAMs is when I went from liking this game to loving it!

What class did you solo Bam's with?

I hit 22 with my Beserker and am looking forward to trying some BAM soloing. I figured a class using plate would be a good one to do it with.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe