Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SERVERS UP

12346»

Comments

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by Rivalen

From the looks of things it seems the EU servers are much worse setup then the US servers.

Please elaborate?

Quite a few US players confirming being online and ok.

Quite a few EU players confirming that they were online, got booted out and can't login.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by Onomic

Originally posted by Hreth

What's the exact errors you guys are having at the moment?

I am at login getting:

"Unable to connect to a login server. This could be cause by an Internet routing issue.

If the problem persists, please visit our support website. (Code=58:11:2:1064:101)"

Got another one before that though, and this one pops up much faster.

I'm getting the same ones. The other one would be

"Unable to complete operation.

Please try again in a few minutes.

(Code=42:0:9001:3858:101)"

The one I quoted idd does take a lot longer to pop up.

Ah ok, I guess most of us are in the same boat. We just need to have some patience for the server gerbils to end their strike.

If you get that network error i think you need to restart the client, when i do i get another error a few times and then i get the network error again until i relaunch the game. I may be wrong though so if it does not help 1st time its probably just the server. Was annoying to relaunch the game all the time

Ah yes, now it really tried to connect again after a client restart and I got the other error again. Thankee.

From the looks of things it seems the EU servers are much worse setup then the US servers.

Please elaborate?

Quite a few EU players confirming that they were online, got booted out and can't login.

Ah ok. I guess, yeah. Didn't realize there were many people already playing without issues. I guess they have much less reason to post here :P

• OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

Please elaborate?

Ah ok. I guess, yeah. Didn't realize there were many people already playing without issues. I guess they have much less reason to post here :P

Curse em all!!!!! That should have been me :)

• ElifiaElifia Member Posts: 78

I still can't get in...

F it, I'm gonna play Skyrim for a couple more hours. I'll try again after midnight, when the login server has had some time to cool down and most normal Europeans have gone to bed.

"I'll lead, you follow."

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    sad panda :(

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I haven't had one issue at all. My only concern is I can't change channel/districts to find my son. I'm having a blast and it looks awesome!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

I'm calling it a night. Been up for over 24 hours due to working nights so I'll come back fresh in the morning.

I'm not bitter. ANet are obviously working their socks off to solve this issue, the twitter guys are big on the info (unlike some dev teams) and it's better this happens in a beta than at launch. Betas are to find problems.

Have fun anyone that gets on.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    I was able to get in and make a character. Got kicked during intro. After much struggle I got back in, but here is the real kicker - once you've logged in and get to the character select screen, you then have to log in with that character by pressing play and that most likely will fail and once failed, the play button remains grayed out and you're stuck. Can't even close the client normally then. Have to manually kill the GW2 process via task manager. Think I'll just quit for tonight and get up early instead.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Originally posted by holifeet

I'm calling it a night. Been up for over 24 hours due to working nights so I'll come back fresh in the morning.

I'm not bitter. ANet are obviously working their socks off to solve this issue, the twitter guys are big on the info (unlike some dev teams) and it's better this happens in a beta than at launch. Betas are to find problems.

Have fun anyone that gets on.

Same. Going to read a bit and sleep and hopefully get in without issues tomorow morning.

Buenos noches.

• ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251

42:0:9001:385&:101

All time.

• AmegashieAmegashie Member UncommonPosts: 289
    The intended start of the event at 8 pm GMT is European prime time, hardly surprising the EU servers went up in smoke almost instantly.
  • ruonimruonim Member Posts: 251
    check steam. It got most users online around eu prime time.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Arenanet is such shitters haha.

Sending emails to people about getting beta access if they pre purchase and then not having their servers work is shit...

If it truly was for testing, they should have done an open beta instead of selling betas.

fucking rats, lol.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by PieRad

Sending emails to people about getting beta access if they pre purchase and then not having their servers work is shit...

If it truly was for testing, they should have done an open beta instead of selling betas.

fucking rats, lol.

*Sigh* They didn't sell the betas, you don't pay extra for that. You will get the game when it is out just like everyone else, for the same price. The beta access was just a bonus thing.

Anyone assuming that the beta would be perfect from the start is insane, if it was perfect they would have released the game.

If you can't handle bugs, lag spikes and connestion problems you should bever ever play a beta.

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

Originally posted by Loke666

fucking rats, lol.

*Sigh* They didn't sell the betas, you don't pay extra for that. You will get the game when it is out just like everyone else, for the same price. The beta access was just a bonus thing.

Anyone assuming that the beta would be perfect from the start is insane, if it was perfect they would have released the game.

If you can't handle bugs, lag spikes and connestion problems you should bever ever play a beta.

This. This. This.

My girlfriend brought this up on our way home from Petsmart 10 minutes ago.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

fucking rats, lol.

Oh ye? explain the emails half the world got about... "Join our beta pre-purchase now"

That sounds like a sales pitch to me, open beta would have been fine if it was really for testing, since there is no NDA anyway, so ye, they did sell beta.

I stand by my statement, Arenanet is shitters, bads.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Oh ye? explain the emails half the world got about... "Join our beta pre-purchase now"

That sounds like a sales pitch to me, open beta would have been fine if it was really for testing, since there is no NDA anyway, so ye, they did sell beta.

"Want to play in the next beta? Pre-Purchase Guild Wars 2 now!"

That does not mean you actually pay for the beta, you pay for the game and get the beta as one of the bonus things. Anyone who ever played a beta should realize what that is.

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

fucking rats, lol.

The beta is something ANet has given those of us who have been waiting for this game since its first announcement. I will buy the game on release but now have an extra option to buy it now and get to play it one weekend every month until it launches.

Tough luck for you if you made a bad purchase decision.

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.