It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Originally posted by Evereghalo I think we Should decide the name a little more in vent during the beta weekend and possibly include some proxy votes. Or those that participate a lot/ participate some but are social gets a vote. To decide let's have AZ (Ahmed) pick 7 to 10 names from suggestions. Then do a round of voting, where everyone gets 2 votes. After everyone has voted take the top 5 vote getters. And do rounds of voting till a majority is reached. That way no matter what the final outcome is no one can feel snubbed for not having input or say. This is honestly kind of how I have done it in the past and no one has ever walked away upset. You could even let everyone suggest 1 name and everyone that suggests gets those 2 votes for the initial vote.
I agree. This is probably the best way to go about it without anyone feeling left out. Also, Ill volunteer to go ahead and post a recap of everyones IGN once everyone posts them. Mine is below:
Tuff Luck - Human Mesmer
- I am interested
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.
My IGN for the weekend will be:
Mnemosyne - Char Guardian
But I might try out some different races/professions
I know I might be a little hasty there but I'm just THAT impatient, yes.
Anyhow, as there isn't much to do til the BWE I tried messing with possible forum solutions for the site later and set things up for testing purposes.
I've made a poll on there about guild names - if you LIKE, feel free to register and leave your vote?
Because - frankly - without deciding on a name we can't purchase a domain name either.
I allowed myself to pick out a few names which were posted here so far.
Don't think 10 options are needed though, because that's too much imo. I believe about 5 or 6 should suffice? Can always replace things too, if there's high demand.
So yeah, who wants to, feel free to leave your vote?
Just an idea!
Also feel free to leave me a comment on the looks xD
Would be cool if you'd accept my contact request on MSN!
Lineage 3 - www.lineage3-online.comWeb & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com
for now to keep it easy, my IGN will be ahmedzakaria
Originally posted by Short2Cents Originally posted by Evereghalo I think we Should decide the name a little more in vent during the beta weekend and possibly include some proxy votes. Or those that participate a lot/ participate some but are social gets a vote. To decide let's have AZ (Ahmed) pick 7 to 10 names from suggestions. Then do a round of voting, where everyone gets 2 votes. After everyone has voted take the top 5 vote getters. And do rounds of voting till a majority is reached. That way no matter what the final outcome is no one can feel snubbed for not having input or say. This is honestly kind of how I have done it in the past and no one has ever walked away upset. You could even let everyone suggest 1 name and everyone that suggests gets those 2 votes for the initial vote.
I will be choosing a guild name myself. I promise it will be tasteful. I will be doing it based on various criteria such as uniqueness, lore reference, and most importantly a good abbreviation. I will also consult a few of you that have been active.
Id like everyone else to just enjoy the beta weekend and AT THE LEAST chat with me in game. If anyone would like to group we can do that as well just find me in game i will also be updating here for the guilds whereabouts.
also i will be trying to do a GUILD EVENT: just pick a toon and we will all hop in WvWvW together. I will select a time at some point friday and post it here, but expect the event to be saturday or sunday!
My main will be Deanes
though considering I havent chosen a class for my main yet I'll probably try out most, if not all classes
- IGN's: here
- unofficial "Name Vote": here
More information to be posted tomorrow!
Originally posted by Evereghalo Originally posted by Short2Cents Im not sure Sorrows Furnace is a good fit for this guild seeing as were all college students or full time workers that may not be able to spend 40 hours a week playing.....and seeing as thats one of the heaviest hardcore-oriented servers it doesnt seem like its a good idea. I mean, sure we might win WvW a little more but in PvP we may not be able to do as well. I like Darkhaven like xDrac but if we need to compromise Maguuma has less hardcore guilds committed and would still give the heavy population.
That is the point.
1) If we are one of 10 casual guilds on a server full of casual guilds how are we to stand out from a recruitment perspective?
2) Even with a high population of players on those servers the casual nature still has the potential for low log ons or short log on times by different players. This can and I would bet gold will lead to coordination problems in the long term, espeically at launch and for the second rotation. Some of those dungeons are several hours long, especially if you are wiping.
3) Your home world effects your WvWvW gameplay more than any other personal choice of game play than any other the others really. So having a strong server geared toward that will enahnce WvWvW and for those PvEers allows for those buffs that occur throughout the duration of the 2week period to keep up and grow high.
W v W is frustrating. And I can tell ya now if you are trying to play this game style and you have a lot of zergers and no organized game play will be very frustrating. So why limit potentially positive experiences.
4) Everyone has burnout, what would give us a GREAT niche would be the casual guild on a server of hardcore PvPers because if someone gets a bad semester, has a nerd rage, or nears burn out this guild would be a strong consideration for those skilled players. If we go to a server with all the mega website guilds like MMORPG or Guildwars2guru then I can predict that most people will be in multiple guilds and there will be even less or no guild identity. It will be very difficult to get new people to grow the guild, esp if the whole "prestige" system (I think that is what it is called) works where your players have to be logged in represetnting that guild. I could be mistaken.
5) There is no way in which, so long as we recruit well before launch, that it will adversly affect our game play being on this hardcore server. You can make assumptions that they will be azzhats or dyks but that happens on every server whoever is the best acts like that.
6) Even though people interested are not going to have a lot of free time, I still want to participate in a high level of play. I know xDrac that you have been focused on that when you first found this group and a server like this would faciliate this nicely.
This is why, because several casually oriented guilds will make a casual server. At least being on a hardcore server you know people in your party won't want to give up, afk every 10 minutes, or not have the game experience to clear content. And then when you decide to play, those playing will either A) Be hardcores that are always on and don't have to go take out the trash, or possibly other casual players that when they are on playing take it seriously.
With a strong rep, as a guild, for being good players is not going to be tarnished if it is full of people that can only do 5 to 20 hours a week to play.
Hmm i not quite sure by some of those points raised.
1. In joinining a hardcore server, we might enjoy the WvWvW bonuses, but when we do organised GvG on our server, we are going to get owned every time.
2. I think its better we join Maguuma server with official mmorpg guild, which is a massive guild, thats also very casual but a few hardcore players.
3. Your allowed to join multiple guilds. ive joined the official mmorpg guild coz im a casual player. But the real reason im in both that guild and this guild is because in mmorpg guild it will be great to be in a powerful guild, but my voice wont be heard and i wont be allowed to talk that much in the vent servers coz mainly the guild officials are going to be too busy organising everyone on mic.
So therefore i will switch occasionally and join back to Fallen guild etc, where i can talk on mic more on vent etc and get to do more GvG with ppl i know and gotten to know better on mic etc. While official mmorpg is probably going to be more about WvWvW all the time.
4. And i think lots of casual players and full-time workers want to join the magunnma server with official mmorpg guild, and be in multiple guilds like myself. and so if u want ur Fallen guild to be the most successful i think it would be with Maguuma server so u will attract the players who are fullt-time students and workers.
5. Lots of ppl visit mmorpg.com and many new players will want to join official mmorpg guild, and since we are also on the same server Maguuma, they will also try us out, join multiple guilds, since its very convient etc. so more fresh blood in the Fallen guild etc
6. Wasnt the point of this guild to cater to the casual full-time ppl? and thats what attracted so many ppl here?
I dont mind what decision u make, im happy either way which server u chose. i was just throwing up another perspective just in case u need further thought. but im happy either way, my views are just theoretical and we all have no idea how gw2 will pan out in the near future so i could be wrong with a lot of my points
Just posting here to say Hello, and so you dont ask "Who the hell is that guy?" when you see me in game.
I have been in PMs with Ahmed. And as it currently stands I am a shoe-in for a spot in the Guild. My role in the Guild will not be mentioned at this time, unless Ahmed brings it up on his own, or until we are a little more established.
But for now a little about me.
My RL Name is Tony. I have had many different IGNs, and currently havent made up my mind what I will shoot for in GW2. I have a FT job, and I am a father of 3, so my play schedule fluxuates as I have other priorities outside of the game, which based on the charter of the guild, so does everyone else here. I may not have a "Hardcore" schedule, but my playstyle can be considered "Hardcore" at times, as I always want to excel at what I set out to do. I usually go after the Higher damage Caster classes, as I love to nuke!
I have vast MMO experience, which consist of Co-Founding/Co-Leading, and Officer roles in many guilds, some of which from my knowledge are still in exsistance. Depending on the game, one of my favorite past times is hunting and destroying Rare/Elite Mobs (if you've ever played FFXI, you know how extensive that can be).
And as a closer for now, here is a list of some of my fav games I have played.....(not in order)
EverQuest 1 & 2... Vanguard; Saga of Heros... Guild Wars... Lord of the Rings Online... Final Fantasy XI & XIV... Aion... Rift... DC Universe... and City of Heros.
Originally posted by jerome1986 Originally posted by Evereghalo Originally posted by Short2Cents Im not sure Sorrows Furnace is a good fit for this guild seeing as were all college students or full time workers that may not be able to spend 40 hours a week playing.....and seeing as thats one of the heaviest hardcore-oriented servers it doesnt seem like its a good idea. I mean, sure we might win WvW a little more but in PvP we may not be able to do as well. I like Darkhaven like xDrac but if we need to compromise Maguuma has less hardcore guilds committed and would still give the heavy population.
I agree with your points, however the main argument against that is that we want to be THE casual guild. not A casual guild. on Maguuma we will be one of many casuals instead of the main one.
A friendly reminder for everyone - if you didn't already do so, please tell us your IGN.
a list of already existing IGN's can be found here
xDrac - Norn (or Human) Warrior
Elodie - Human Elementalist
Mnemosyne - Char Guardian
Tuff Luck - Human Mesmer
ahmedzakaria - not decided
Deanes - not decided
Andalain - not decided
Boulette - Human Thief
Drinkingbear - Norn Guardian
Evereghalo / Jared - not decided
Remember we are playing on - Sorrow's Furnace
Originally posted by xDrac A friendly reminder for everyone - if you didn't already do so, please tell us your IGN. a list of already existing IGN's can be found here xDrac - Norn (or Human) Warrior Elodie - Human Elementalist Mnemosyne - Char Guardian Tuff Luck - Human Mesmer ahmedzakaria - not decided Deanes - not decided Andalain - not decided ___________ Remember we are playing on - Sorrow's Furnace
Sorrow's Furnace people. My IGN will be AHMEDZAKARIA <---same as forum!! I will be on about an hour after launch. Add me to your friends and message me when you see me log on. Looking forward to hearing from all of you guys.
You can count me in!
I'm a college student in canada and I also have a part-time job.
My game name will be Boulette, (most likely) Human Thief
Originally posted by jerome1986 ok cool i think i understand what u mean now, thx AhmedZakaria for the clarification. im 100% behind u now and i support ur decision. I also see the benefit being that in WvWvW our server will kick ass, and will be a more pleasant experience than a causal server. so u planned this well ahead, thx dude.
I helped some too :-(,
But yea thanks for shoring that up Ahmed.
I also have a vent that we can use just incase of things, however I am not going to post it on here.
I will be on a toon named "Evereghalo" or "Jaren"
I'm online. If anything just PM me.
Xdrac (stupid GW2 not allowing capital letters where I want them to be...)
Just wanted to say i'm currently getting an error message when I go to select sorrows furnace as my home world. Capacity for the server is high so they may be trying to spread out the population
Edit: login server just crashed so shouldnt be a problem getting into the realm once servers are up