Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is the most unrealistic game I've played

Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

So I got into WoW recently and I've never seen such an unrealistic game before.

I was reading up on Cataclysm, and it is even going to be more unrealistic. Stuffed panda bears? Who ever heard of a playable Panda in a game?

That isn't the worst of it though, there is even MORE unrealistic "features" than just Pandas.

I made it to Westfall, and the first quest I saw was by someone named "Horatio Laine" and he was a Crime Scene Investigator...yeah...so stolen from CSI Miami. I've never seen a game take real world things and put them into a game. This quest is worse than even them putting in Pandas.

Then I made an Orc, because I thought maybe that would be better...but if you run up the canyon to Orgrimmar, you see "Catscratch" and then "Fever"...yeah...two NPCs named that. More real world influences put into the game.

Then there are Tauren. Whoever heard of cows being able to walk on two legs? They are even more unrealistic than pandas, but I guess they fit the WoW lore? It would be better if they were more like Minotaurs or something.

That is just from first impressions of WoW...so many unrealistic things, even worse than Pandas which are hilarious as it it is.

I don't understand why no one said how unrealistic WoW already is...I could live with Pandas that everyone complains about, but putting CSI into the game? Catscratch fever? That is even worse.

Definitely not a very realistic game, and not like Warcraft at all.

Comments

• BoognisheBoognishe Member Posts: 83
    lol
  • castamir11castamir11 Member Posts: 45
    You want realism in a fantasy game?  One with orcs and elves and tauren and goblins and dragons?
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Well, obviously "to each, his own". I always thought the constant barrage of pop-culture references was part of the game's charm.

But then again, I'm not one of those that thinks MMOs are seriuz binezz.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

haha this post made me laugh, i love how you added pandas in every paragraph..good stuff.

when analysed, yes warcraft is a complete joke.

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301

Try simulators if you want realistic virtues.

Do you normally play RPG's? I'm kind of embarrassed for you and your post.

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

Fantasy themed MMORPG's are supposed to be realistic??!  

/faint

Originally posted by Isasis

I was reading up on Cataclysm, and it is even going to be more unrealistic. Stuffed panda bears? Who ever heard of a playable Panda in a game?

That isn't the worst of it though, there is even MORE unrealistic "features" than just Pandas.

I made it to Westfall, and the first quest I saw was by someone named "Horatio Laine" and he was a Crime Scene Investigator...yeah...so stolen from CSI Miami. I've never seen a game take real world things and put them into a game. This quest is worse than even them putting in Pandas.

Then I made an Orc, because I thought maybe that would be better...but if you run up the canyon to Orgrimmar, you see "Catscratch" and then "Fever"...yeah...two NPCs named that. More real world influences put into the game.

Then there are Tauren. Whoever heard of cows being able to walk on two legs? They are even more unrealistic than pandas, but I guess they fit the WoW lore? It would be better if they were more like Minotaurs or something.

That is just from first impressions of WoW...so many unrealistic things, even worse than Pandas which are hilarious as it it is.

I don't understand why no one said how unrealistic WoW already is...I could live with Pandas that everyone complains about, but putting CSI into the game? Catscratch fever? That is even worse.

you forgot harrison jones and haris pilton. i quit wow the minute i saw a reference to paris hilton, [mod edit]

Originally posted by Vocadi

/faint

there is fantasy and then there is stupidity.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

There is a reason it is called "Fantasy" not "Realism"

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

For the love of god, who ever heard of Pandas in a video game????  Pandaren Brewmaster was a playable hero in Warcraft 3 expansion.  That was 2003. 

Didn't realize fantasy games were suppose to be realistic.

a panda race is stupid i don't care if its apart of the lore, warcraft lore is stupid anyway and pandas just confirm this.

Originally posted by Istavaan

Originally posted by Isasis

you forgot harrison jones and haris pilton. i quit wow the minute i saw a reference to paris hilton, whoever finds anything about that piece of shit funny is an equal piece of shit.

I'm glad you quit. You're an idoit

Originally posted by Vocadi

/faint

there is fantasy and then there is stupidity.

True, but there are very few games you are going to find that in. Everquest has warrior Frogs, quite a few games have Tinkerbell type characters And most games have very unrealist female armor (Not that I am complaining)

World of Warcraft has a certain Style, it is what it is. Whether it is the Lich Kings Genocide or the Poop quests; you will find Humor, Dark Fantasy, and a little steam punk all rolled up into one.

Great animations, you characters move in a very smooth and responsive way But on the other hand, not so great graphics. 

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,429

You forgot to mention Redridge and the Rambo theme which the whole zone is all about. Saving his team members in an orc camp, then rescue the rest of the hostages and demolish the encampment with bombs.

This would be awesome if the name of the game was Rambo, World of First Blood or something like that. in WoW, not so much.

Would you enjoy this if they put this crap in Middle Earth?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

a panda race is stupid i don't care if its apart of the lore, warcraft lore is stupid anyway and pandas just confirm this.

Wow, look at the time. School must be out.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

LOL in middle earth. Any warcraft lore is hardly comparable to Tolkin. Mentioning that is just stupid.

This thread deserves no more of my time.

I guess if you are looking for a Serious game, play Mortal Online or EVE. 

EVE is a great game and very realistic. There are no "Dog fights in space," you can't just fly around a solar system you have to warp, and people can scam you, just like in real life.

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Here's the sad part Isasis, I'm the only person here who even understood your post.  Don't get discouraged, we are out here in the MMO-universe, like stars.  It is just that there are so many trillions more lumps of rock floating around.
    Boy, the OP must be hard up for games if anything not resembling realism is out of the picture. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    Don't fall for this people.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Don't fall for this people.

I fall for nothing!  I have an hour of work left and am bored out of my skull..

• castamir11castamir11 Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by RollieJoe

Here's the sad part Isasis, I'm the only person here who even understood your post.  Don't get discouraged, we are out here in the MMO-universe, like stars.  It is just that there are so many trillions more lumps of rock floating around.

Someone certainly has a large ego...

• RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

Originally posted by castamir11

Like an Alec, among Baldwins.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

I also understood the OP. To me its all about immersion. I want to be in first person always. If I am wearing a helm I want my field of view obstructed a little. If I get hit in the arm with a sword I want it to be harder to swing my sword until I bandage that area. I dont want to see NPCs with celebrity names. I want to get hungry and thirsty and die lest I find food to eat. I dont want to insta-port into dungeons. I dont want an in-game map unless I buy one that I or another player created in-game, and I definately dont want a quest location showing on them. I want to move slower if Im climbing a hill. I dont want a cash shop that gives me items that came from somewhere my character didnt even know existed. I dont want general chat channels, just say and yell because its unrealistic.

I could go on and on.

EDIT: I am not anti-wow. It certainly has its fans. I just wish more developers would concentrate on the above ideas. I wish well and continued fun to all people who enjoy wow. Its not me to bash a game. I am just stating what I like seeing in an MMO.

Originally posted by castamir11

Damn got sucked back in by a 'genius'

I hear ya Casta.

Okay Rollie, I'll bite. Can you please further delve into this post by Isasis and explain what he means? I am having a hard time following someone that has such a clear and definitive idea of what makes an mmorpg too fantastical.