Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition to MMORPG.com - create a seperate beta weekend/review/feedback forum

BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Dear MMORPG.com mods, I ask you with humility to please create a seperate sub-forum for all beta/weekend feedback/review/discussion etc. otherwise this forum and tons of other forums like The Pub will be over run by Monday.

Agree?

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    I concur... similar to what they did with Tera, have a separate "reviews" section.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Why should guild wars 2 get this special privledge?

This isnt an Areanet forum, we dont need a special feedback forum for guild wars 2, guild wars 2 should already have a forum just for that purpose once the weekend starts if they are a good company.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    @DeserttFox

Because the forums are about to get swamped.

+1 for supporting this

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Not needed. I don't need 5 different tabs open in my browser for a single game.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141
    Although I agree with the idea, most people will still post in the general anyway because they wont take the time to read/care...
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Volkon

I concur... similar to what they did with Tera, have a separate "reviews" section.

I have to agree. May as well create a review/feedback section now to get things going.

Not so much for this weekend as in more for general purposes from here on out.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by BadSpock

Dear MMORPG.com mods, I ask you with humility to please create a seperate sub-forum for all beta/weekend feedback/review/discussion etc. otherwise this forum and tons of other forums like The Pub will be over run by Monday.

Agree?

This is already in the plans. (I made note of it in a post earlier this week!)

The forum should be up now. You SHOULD be able to see it, but not post yet. If anyone wants to test this and post back here.

• Originally posted by MikeB

The forum should be up now. You SHOULD be able to see it, but not post yet. If anyone wants to test this and post back here.

I can see it and cannot post yet :)

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Yeh thats better a special beta section for this weekend good job mike(fan gamebreaker tv hehe).

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by DeserttFoxx

Why should guild wars 2 get this special privledge?

This isnt an Areanet forum, we dont need a special feedback forum for guild wars 2, guild wars 2 should already have a forum just for that purpose once the weekend starts if they are a good company.

We got a special section for SKYRIM also when it was flooded here for weeks on end.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Excellent, good thinking :)

Link worked for me and no I can't post either.

Thanks!

Originally posted by MikeB

Awesome. You're alright for an SWTOR fanboy :P. I kid...I kid...

Still not sure why you didn't name it simply reviews/feedback rather than pigeonhole it into being specifically for the beta weekends but suppose you guys can always rename it later.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

Yeh thats better a special beta section for this weekend good job mike(fan gamebreaker tv hehe).

Not Mike B from GBTV. :) We get confused a lot! We are friends though, I'll be sure to pass your thoughts along!

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Grr now I need 2 tabs...

Well, nothing much to report for now, except that the login screen music is great, and that the graphic/sound settings are working flawlessly ;)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

Originally posted by Wickedjelly

Awesome. You're alright for an SWTOR fanboy :P. I kid...I kid...

Still not sure why you didn't name it simply reviews/feedback rather than pigeonhole it into being specifically for the beta weekends but suppose you guys can always rename it later.

We'll have a separate forum for that when the game comes out and basically archive this one.

We'll have a separate forum for that when the game comes out and basically archive this one.

You da man wit da plan

Sounds good.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    I say no on this and I'll tell ya why, because beta isn't forever, there is no point in creating a seperate forum section just for something that isn't going to be around for more than a couple of months with weekends done perhaps once a week, not to mention we have our own forums right in the heart of GW2's website itself, we shouldn't have to resort to going to other forums all the time to give our spill there.  If anyone is interested they'll seak the forums they wish to read and go there.  Sure it would probably help the traffic on this section of the forums but tbh I don't see this area of MMORPG.com being anything else but spammed with people's feedback during the beta so it may as well just stay as it is.

imageimage

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Volkon

Exactly.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by BadSpock

Agree?

This is already in the plans. (I made note of it in a post earlier this week!)

Awesome thanks Mike, sorry I didn't see the note earlier this week. Please close/lock and/or delete thread! Thanks!

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Agreed for the sake of organization.  Why make people who aren't interested in other players' reviews have to sift through pages of reviews just so they can find topics they are interested in?  Likewise, why make players who are looking exclusively for player feedback sift through pages of other topics to find what they are looking for?
This discussion has been closed.