Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Worst of Update 1.2: Legacy

Comments

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    They left out the absolute hash they've  made of class balance, they basically nerfed anything thaat isn't a jedi/sith of some sort out of balance, in the sub 50 bracket all you see are marauders/sents, jugs/guards, sorcs/sages, sins/shadows, they've made everythig that uses a blaster almost unplayable at least when you compare performance with force using classes, that it isn't even funny. I sometimes wonder what data they used to determine who to nerf and who to buff, or did they not use any data and listen to whining on the boards?
  • SeriousblackSeriousblack Member Posts: 9

"As far as the want somethign now mentality, and working for a goal, I play games to have fun, if I want to work I got college, a career, a family, plenty of stuff to have to put real effort into."

Seriously, don't play mmorpg's then. 

• shavashava Member UncommonPosts: 324

I have a life, so the Rakhgoul grind didn't get me much but some income off of selling DNA and some fun time exploding with new friends.

And I didn't get a free month.  Ditto.  But I think anyone who'd paid their sub from the first month should have gotten a free month.  Wouldn't that have been simpler?  Faith since launch, no rage quit?  Free month.  Yay, you!  No level 50 crap for those of us with alt-itis and working on storylines and having outside lives.  And no algebra.  

And honestly, the math would have worked out better for them.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Nice read Michael, we all could easy add up 50 more things that are a little broken, but we also have to give some kudos to BW, at least they honestly try to fix their turf.

• purrzzpurrzz Member Posts: 1

Bioware / EA have shown northing but contempt or, at best, disregard for their player base since day 1. The latest innapropriate behaviour should therefore come as no surprise.

A basically adequate and entertaining game has always been marred by this arrogance.

It is therefore refreshing to see legitimate criticism finally beginning to appear.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    That's so true about the Rakghoul event. I barely got to see any of that before it had come and gone and I forgot it even happened. Probably one of the worst implementations of an event I ever saw. I was interested in it and enjoyed what I saw of it, but it was like a TV episode that was interrupted 10 minutes in by an important phone call that leaves you hoping you can catch a rerun of it. I don't have any idea what really happened but I would like to see the rest of it at some point.
  • NepharriusNepharrius Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by hyllstarter

I have 2 lvl 50's and been subed since day one and didnt get my free 30 days. I guess ill use there awful customer service and find out why.

I'm sorry to hear....i pre-ordered and subbed since day one too...and then unsubbed by Feb 1 - and just got my free 30 days even tho i uninstalled the game.

Swtor needs to listen to it's customer base and give up the "we don't give in to a few complainers on the forums" thing.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Duh duh duh another one gone, another one gone, another one bites the dust. The force is not strong in the MMO world.
  • ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Thier money wouldve been better spent making movies with those CG effects for the trailers. I bet they wouldve made more money that way. Like a fullon 2hr movie.

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Sigh....I bought this game. I need to stop buying mmos on release and wait till all the bad reviews come out.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• BrynnBrynn Member Posts: 345
    Your free 30 days start after you pay your first month's subscription. This fooled me too.
  • ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by Zaltark

Thier money wouldve been better spent making movies with those CG effects for the trailers. I bet they wouldve made more money that way. Like a fullon 2hr movie.

Those were some great trailers and intros for the game. Would've made a great movie, so much better than the Clone Wars tv show at least.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Originally posted by Seriousblack

"As far as the want somethign now mentality, and working for a goal, I play games to have fun, if I want to work I got college, a career, a family, plenty of stuff to have to put real effort into."

Seriously, don't play mmorpg's then. 

This, too many players too un-twitch skilled for FPS and too lazy for MMO's , they need their own genre filled with fun and shiny stars every few metres along the path

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Glad to see the flip side of the coin.

I'd still like to see a more wholesale critique of this and other games as released and in their current state.  But this is a welcome article in the spirit of objectivity.

SWTOR can still get me back, but it's going to take a bit more and more as time goes by.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

I agree on prohibitive high costs (being altholic) but regarding "The problem was that BioWare defined these most valued or loyal subscribers as players that had level 50 characters, dividing the community into the haves and have-nots." is enough carefully to read. It was either 50 lv ***OR*** lv. 6 legacy. And that last is pretty easy to obtain, no matter if playing alts or only 1 char ... IF you have REALLY been playing since start or so this should NOT be problem.

So far, despite minor annoyances, game is great, best and fluid ever. Only that can compare are Rift and nowadays Wow.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by RefMinor
    I typed SWTOR into google and they gave me a months free time, now they won't let me go, if anyone reads this please can they call the police, I am being held somewhere in a large facility in Austin Texas with what I estimate to be 1.69m others.

yikes. Austin? Thats just horrible.

btw thats not a facility, thats just what Austin looks like hehe

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415
    I still get a kick about the whole "most loyal customer" jargon. That was almost enough to make me quit.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Originally posted by Jakard

I still get a kick about the whole "most loyal customer" jargon. That was almost enough to make me quit.

Agree on this with you, but swtor is too god to make me go away for this. :-)) Sure no problem with i.e. Aion. :-)

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

Nice article, I'm in the same boat as everyone else, SWTOR is the game that should have been, it was such a dissappointment and not really because of the game but more becuase of the bugs and lack of urgency to fix them.

Just a heads up, Mos Eisley Radio has a recent interview with Zach the lead game designer and he's asked about when they will launch the ranked warzones and he goes on record as saying its going to be before 1.3 goes live so isn't a part of 1.3.

The only thing I didn't like about the event was that you had to do the dalies the day before to unlock the next daily in the chain for the cosmetic armor so it meant if you missed a day you were snookered, I hope its the last time they have this sort of quest system as it sucked.

The promotion was indeed a joke also, people without 50's were totally left out originally which was just stupid and I agree it showed little foresight on EA's / Biowares part.

I'd personally play SWTOR more if they would just bug fix things faster, it's certainly a better game after 1.2 but its still not enough. 

• BombzawayBombzaway Member UncommonPosts: 78

If only SW:tor was  a WORKING wow clone it might have actually had something

• MingxvMingxv Member Posts: 21

What about the way they handle fighting in space from your ship?

Star Trek  does this better. I did not expect Eve but still I expected something more than a mini game.

Ready for WAR waaaaaaaaaaah
    Morkwovsmez (Warhammer beta) and Miragexv in many games including FFXI.
    Ming in (Betas:StarWars, GuildWars2, and most other betas)

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Good to see a fair description of some of the cons with 1.2 after all the hype.  Hopefully we'll continue to see a more balanced reporting going forward.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I got my 30 days because I was Legacy lvl 8. I may have gotten 30 days, but I couldn't play past 30 minutes. This game is dead to me. Next!

Joined - July 2004

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

MikeB: gains +1 to integrity

MMORPG.com is by far my favourite gaming site but I was beginning to lose faith after seeing nothing but positive reviews/comments from the staff here.

Not that I'm looking for particularly 'negative' comments, but at least something a little more realistic with an attempt at impartiality.

The players and visitors to this site deserve to hear about the bad, as well as the good.

It's a good start and something I hope to see continue.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    So the consensus is bad game is bad?