Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Will be an Interesting 3 Days of MMO History

Comments

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    This isn't some other game that hid behind an NDA until the very last second.

The devs aren't trying to hide anything. ArenaNet has a hot , well-crafted game ready and is excited to show it off. In fact, thry've been showing it off the whole time. Gameplay footage has been available for the past year, not just cut scenes or talking-head developer videos. People have seen the game.

And now they get to play it. And I can't wait to see and hear their reactions.

It's going to be a great weekend.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

Originally posted by Silverbarr

Originally posted by Hurvart

Originally posted by kDeviL

Ladies and Gentlemen in 14 hours and 30 minutes, hundreds of thousands of people will finaly be able to find out if this breath-taking game will truly be worth the insane amount of hype it has received in the past 3+ years. Very soon after you wake up tomarrow you will be apart of these monumental 3 days that depending on feedback, could very well shape the way almost all future mmos are made. How do you feel right now?

It really will be interesting to learn how much of the game the week end testers will be allowed to see and experience. Perhaps what they are NOT allowed to see and experience will tell us more about both the state of the game and the purpose of the week end tests.

If it turns out 90% of the game is still under NDA and a lot of important questions remain unanswered it will be dis appointing. But I will try to continue to hope for the best....

I'm almost positive that the NDA has been lifted completely.  Tbh it would be dumb not to lift the NDA since the amount of people breaking it would be uncontrollable anyways

That would be very good. But I suspect closed beta testers will continue to have NDA. And that you will not be allowed to talk about content, features or bugs that are not part of the week end beta.

If there really is a full NDA lift I would certainly be beyond surprised.

Taken from Anet FAQ from Guild Wars 2 site:

Guild Wars 2 is currently in closed beta testing, which is by invitation only and under NDA. We plan to have our first non-NDA Beta Weekend Event in late April. For more information, please see the Beta section of the FAQ.

Enjoy :)

M

Taken from the Guild Wars 2 launcher:

''We're excited that you're joining us for our first ever Beta Weekend Event. As this is no longer a ''closed'' beta, you're not bound by a Non-Discloure Agreement, so feel free to talk about Guild Wars 2 experience with your friends, family, and total strangers. We'll see you in-game!''

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    So if NDA is down, why don't you all share with us info from the last beta?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by MMOExposed

isnt down until te event start :)

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Youll get a bunch of I told you so and Haha I knew it and Nah Nah it isn't.

This is not a game.

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

Originally posted by Honner

I like that. Then we are free to discuss any leaked information that was under NDA when it was leaked. Even if the features, content or whatever is not part of this week end beta. Really nice to know. I never excpected that sort of full NDA lift. It certainly makes me start to think the game must be good.

I like that. Then we are free to discuss any leaked information that was under NDA when it was leaked. Even if the features, content or whatever is not part of this week end beta. Really nice to know. I never excpected that sort of full NDA lift. It certainly makes me start to think the game must be good.

The demo is the same, maybe many things changed. Do you really think what was on the past beta matters now?

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Anything in particular you want to know?

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

The demo is the same, maybe many things changed. Do you really think what was on the past beta matters now?

I dont know. Thats why I think its good there is a full NDA lift. So I can decide if I think it matters or not.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Decadentia

Originally posted by Decadentia

First there was the guy claiming the pre-purchase date was a date that will forever be known in history...now tomorrow will forever be known in history. I think we're making a bigger deal out of things than they actually are.

That being said, I pre-purchased and am interested to try out the game. Will the heavens shine upon me when I do so? Not likely.

Except you completely misunderstood my post.  Yes I'm excited but that's not what its about.

Monday is going to be one hell of a day of GW2 news. Articles, Reveiws, youtubers and sites are going to be everywhere talking about GW2.  Local chats of countless mmos will be filled with GW2. They already are, monday will amplify it 10fold because now EVERYone will no whether or not it lived up to so many expectations.  Whether those expectations are met or not will determine the content of the reveiws/chats/forums/etc..

I completely understood your post, though I was commenting on the fact that the words history along with the "will change the face of landscape forever" tinge at the end. Comes off as a bit much.

It will certainly be an eventful day for fans, and many will be discussing, I completely agree with you there.

Honestly after re-reading my OP it sounds alot more like hype. Not what I was going for.   It's more of a depressing reason lol. If Guild Wars 2 fails for me, the last bit of hope I had for this genre would be gone, and with that I would be done with MMO's for good and stick to something like planet side 2.

Bah, there is always hope.  I look to TSW and ArcheAge if GW2 fails me.  If those fail me, it will be something else like World of Darkness or an as yet unnamed MMO.  Never surrender. ;D

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Only reason I haven't pre-orderd is because I will be playing TERA. Apart from WOW, GW2 Will be the biggest MMO for years to come IMO.

£50 Price tag with no Sub is a no brainer for me.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I can say with complete confidence that if people properly understand what this game is (and always was) offering and havn't inflated that information in their own minds then GW2 delivers everything ANet promised. I know people doing games design courses at university (REAL computer geeks) that are excited about GW2 but when I spoke to them about it they are totally, and I mean TOTALLY, misinformed about a lot of the game. It surprised me actually.

Tomorrow will be a zerg fest.. no doubt whatsoever. The best time to get some quality time with the game will be during the night, even then it will be pretty busy.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Originally posted by Agoden

I still dont get why people hype things up so much, it'll only lead to dissapointment.

Dreams > Reality

It's not really hype when you have first hand experience.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Ladies and Gentlemen in 14 hours and 30 minutes, hundreds of thousands of people will finaly be able to find out if this breath-taking game will truly be worth the insane amount of hype it has received in the past 3+ years. Very soon after you wake up tomarrow you will be apart of these monumental 3 days that depending on feedback, could very well shape the way almost all future mmos are made. How do you feel right now?

I feel a disturbance in the hype. It's like a couople hundred thousand fan boys all cheered at once then went awww.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Sigh, Ive been given a choice for this weekend and GW2 Engineer here i come !

She will get over it

I hope.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

I wonder how much time will pass untill the usual suspects start spamming this site saying that GW2 is the worst thing that ever happened to this industry...

My guess is 1 week after release.

• TalgenTalgen Member UncommonPosts: 400

I'm sorry, but tomorrow wont be historic or triumphant.. for anyone..

I'ts going to be the same cycle that happens with all games that release..

There will be those who love it and those who hate it

Why?

Because we are human beings and there is no on magical product that will bring us together in harmony [mod edit]

The haters gonna hate, and the fanbois gonna cream... people need to stop acting like a game (any game) is the second (or first) coming of their expected massiah.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

[mod edit]

lol
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

I expect that come Monday morning (if not sooner), there will be great wailing and gnashing of teeth for one reason or another.

For those of you about to choke on your own drool, have fun this weekend.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

For all the game's great features and for all the things I am looking forward to about it, the region division between NA and EU pisses me off as it's one of the worst steps backwards that MMOs have made in the past ten years.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Originally posted by Loktofeit

For all the game's great features and for all the things I am looking forward to about it, the region division between NA and EU pisses me off as it's one of the worst steps backwards that MMOs have made in the past ten years.

You do know that anyone can go on any regions server right? Also, as far as we know (correct me if I'm wrong) US and EU servers will still be pitted against each other in WvWvW.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

GW2 Cured my cancer!

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187
    gw2 will go f2p within 3 months with all those p2w items and poor pvp content.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Rivalen

I wonder how much time will pass untill the usual suspects start spamming this site saying that GW2 is the worst thing that ever happened to this industry...

My guess is 1 week after release.

I thought they already done that the last 2 years...

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

"History" and "Infamy" often go hand in hand.

That being said I hope it goes well for all you Pre-Purchasers. I respect your faith. No..I am in awe of your faith.

GL all have fun.