Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

This Will be an Interesting 3 Days of MMO History

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,255Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Agoden

I still dont get why people hype things up so much, it'll only lead to dissapointment.

Dreams > Reality

You answered your own question pal. MMO gamers rather live the dream, rather than reality.

MMO Gamers are only excited about new games that havnt come out yet. Not games that are playable.

• DarkPonyDarkPony RotterdamPosts: 5,566Member

Originally posted by RoyalPhunk

I hear the little footsteps of haters coming this way... they sound extra mad.

Now that made me laugh :)

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Denver, COPosts: 1,248Member

Originally posted by Dredphyre

What's happening over the next 3 days?

Blood, sweat, and tears...

• RefMinorRefMinor MyTownPosts: 3,452Member

Originally posted by kDeviL

Ladies and Gentlemen in 14 hours and 30 minutes, hundreds of thousands of people will finaly be able to find out if this breath-taking game will truly be worth the insane amount of hype it has received in the past 3+ years. Very soon after you wake up tomarrow you will be apart of these monumental 3 days that depending on feedback, could very well shape the way almost all future mmos are made. How do you feel right now?

Why is this post about the 1st weekend of the Salem beta cluttering up the GW2 forum, it's taking up the space of a poem to ArenaNet celebrating someones love.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Carlsbad, CAPosts: 655Member Uncommon

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Ladies and Gentlemen in 14 hours and 30 minutes, hundreds of thousands of people will finaly be able to find out if this breath-taking game will truly be worth the insane amount of hype it has received in the past 3+ years. Very soon after you wake up tomarrow you will be apart of these monumental 3 days that depending on feedback, could very well shape the way almost all future mmos are made. How do you feel right now?

With all the Hype definition threads going around.

I must ask,,, Are you Hyped?

I want to be hyped, but i was told here my hype isnt hype

• DragohrDragohr RingePosts: 49Member

History? This release isnt any bigger than alot of earlier releases.. Its a pre-order beta weekend, nothing more. I cant believe how people are hyping this game to be something it certainly will not be, like a second coming going to end greed and poverty in the world.

Cool looking mmo with a new formular? Yes. Historical event in the world of MMOs? Doubtly.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed lalal land, DCPosts: 6,255Member Uncommon

Originally posted by DarkPony

Originally posted by RoyalPhunk

I hear the little footsteps of haters coming this way... they sound extra mad.

Now that made me laugh :)

Actually Darkpony, I see more GW2 fans being haters, as in being haters of anything Tradtional and non-GW2.

So people can say that goes both ways.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan EastPosts: 2,630Member

If the game is good, it will indeed be kinda "historical"...

For the first time in ages, a MMORPG not following the "EQ/WoW Clone" model would have succeeded.

But that remains to be proven.

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• synnsynn killeen, TXPosts: 546Member

well this beta will probably help those that are on the fence about whether they want to purchase the game or not. Hopefully we get some opinions from a neutral standpoint, and not just from the haters/fanboys. My buddy got into the beta so may just check it out first hand.

• HurvartHurvart ystadPosts: 565Member

It really will be interesting to learn how much of the game the week end testers will be allowed to see and experience. Perhaps what they are NOT allowed to see and experience will tell us more about both the state of the game and the purpose of the week end tests.

If it turns out 90% of the game is still under NDA and a lot of important questions remain unanswered it will be dis appointing. But I will try to continue to hope for the best....

• BetaguyBetaguy Halifax, NSPosts: 2,590Member

Its not...just saying.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Erlanger, KYPosts: 2,574Member

I still dont get why people hype things up so much, it'll only lead to dissapointment.

Dreams > Reality

I dont understand how people dont hype things they care about.  It only leads to boredom and animosity.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• kDeviLkDeviL Coco Beach, FLPosts: 215Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Hurvart

It really will be interesting to learn how much of the game the week end testers will be allowed to see and experience. Perhaps what they are NOT allowed to see and experience will tell us more about both the state of the game and the purpose of the week end tests.

If it turns out 90% of the game is still under NDA and a lot of important questions remain unanswered it will be dis appointing. But I will try to continue to hope for the best....

I'm almost positive that the NDA has been lifted completely.  Tbh it would be dumb not to lift the NDA since the amount of people breaking it would be uncontrollable anyways

If WoW was released today even in its' entirety it would be f2p in 3 months.
    Why is it still such a big deal?

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower RdamPosts: 1,245Member

I did a trip around many games shops in my town and gamers most shops dont even know much about GW2 plus they also don't promote or do anything to show GW2 is comming many shops have 1 or 2 copys of pre-purchase on back shelf.

Im talking about Holland here, btw same also apply for the dutch game sites not much attention eather mags also no real coverage GW2:(

Is this the same with other european countrys?... becouse it seems GW2 dont realy be very known and hyped at all.

Same here in France.

I went to the supermarket two days ago, and out of curiosity, had a look at the video game section. They have boxes of GW1 and expansions, but not a single box or even advertisement for GW2.

If you wonder why I don't answer your posts, it's most likely because you are on my block list - so don't waste your time.

• ipekaipeka hamburgPosts: 222Member

hey people,

I am the guy who pre-purchased gw2 at the first day of its pre-purchase release . And now i cant  download the game because of my throttled bandwidth (50kbps),   great thanks to the uni's internet-admin.

Now please mock me and give me a pity look, coz right now i am eating ice cream and crying in self loathing , and i could use more spit on me  .

Originally posted by ipeka

hey people,

I am the guy who pre-purchased gw2 at the first day of its pre-purchase release . And now i cant  download the game because of my throttled bandwidth (50kbps),   great thanks to the uni's internet-admin.

Now please mock me and give me a pity look, coz right now i am eating ice cream and crying in self loathing , and i could use more spit on me  .

- Ask a friend who has Internet access at home out of the Uni to download it.

- Burn the folder to a couple of DVDs.

- copy the folder on your computer.

- Profit! :)

• CorthagathCorthagath KotkaPosts: 291Member

• LeetheLeethe Posts: 876Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Zylaxx

Dreams > Reality

I dont understand how people dont hype things they care about.  It only leads to boredom and animosity.

"In 2 hours and 30 minutes I'll be at the pharmacy picking up what is likely to be the best and most advanced substance to hit the streets! That's right folks! I'm talking about Mycophenalate Mofetil or MMF for noobs! This stuff will leave all of the competition in the dust! I cannot waite until its time-released awesomeness is pumping through my blood!"

No, I'm really not good at hype, no matter how much I care.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh maasdijkPosts: 406Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Corthagath

*snip*

hahaha  BRILLIANT FACE

• Nomis278Nomis278 LondonPosts: 126Member
    I love the smell of hyperbole in the morning.
  • HurvartHurvart ystadPosts: 565Member

I'm almost positive that the NDA has been lifted completely.  Tbh it would be dumb not to lift the NDA since the amount of people breaking it would be uncontrollable anyways

That would be very good. But I suspect closed beta testers will continue to have NDA. And that you will not be allowed to talk about content, features or bugs that are not part of the week end beta.

If there really is a full NDA lift I would certainly be beyond surprised.

• SilverbarrSilverbarr AberdeenPosts: 306Member

That would be very good. But I suspect closed beta testers will continue to have NDA. And that you will not be allowed to talk about content, features or bugs that are not part of the week end beta.

Taken from Anet FAQ from Guild Wars 2 site:

Guild Wars 2 is currently in closed beta testing, which is by invitation only and under NDA. We plan to have our first non-NDA Beta Weekend Event in late April. For more information, please see the Beta section of the FAQ.

Enjoy :)

M

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter

There's no more NDA at all. It's written in the launcher of the game.

• aesperusaesperus Hamshire, NVPosts: 5,128Member Uncommon

The NDA is lifted.

There's only one topic that is an exception. I'm not gunna say what that is, but it shouldn't be too hard to guess.