Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA a PVP Game You Can Be Proud Of

2»

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by rexzshadow

I thought we did roll on the same server o.o I'm pretty sure you rolled on BC coz i saw your post on Vanarch and i'm im D4H on BC as well o.o

Looks like we all rolled on the same server~BC ftw~  I'm in Epic guild btw.

As far as the "political corruption rant" is concerned.   Nothing like a little political corruption to get the masses stirred up, makes it more legit.

~I just love reading hate post from pvp carebears.  Hell we even had a few pve carebears to boot.  

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

Originally posted by Merdur

This game has 1 chance and that would be to cut there loses and go F2P with a cash shop, atleast with that model they could gain some revenue back from this lost product. Also before you begin to bash my logic with "It's the #2 game in korea" well yes it's good over there becuase this is what THEY like. We are talking about the NA and EU playerbase, we don't like to be cheated out of thing's or feel like we are getting the shit end of the stick. If the goverment does it we can usually shrug it off but this is a game and you are nothing but another person to everyone out there. Your no special then a dieing dog on the side of the road. 95% of people wouldn't even look at you twice if you were dieing yourself. So you want the game F2P with a cash shop but you also say we don't like being cheated on. Sorry but i feel pretty much cheated on by F2P games with cash shops. Cause 99% of the time it becomes a pay to win game. And how would they earn more money with going F2P with cash shop than with 13 - 15 dollars per month? Just because more people gonna play a F2P game doesn't mean they all gonna buy stuff from the cash shops. If i and many others feel cheated on by one thing, it is when a game is so called free to play but if you want the same general experience as pay to play you end up paying a lot more.

This political system will be the downfall of Tera in NA/EU and no matter what you say it can't change how the mmo playerbase feels about it now. Maybe in 20 years when the current massive influx of younger gamers understand politics more but as it stands it will be nothing but a clusterfuck of bad behavior and strife between players, and in these regions the playerbase likes to feel welcome not shunned by everyone. I want to make a sugestion here. Stop pretending you are the voice of the MMO community. Seriousely, you keep saying "we"  and the " mmo playerbase feels blabla". Iam part of the MMO playerbase, so are my friends and hell we all love the political system. Its gonna be great, you get 2 rulers, on trough pvp and one trough elections. If they do stuff you don't like you deal with it. You won't elect them next time or you will unite other guilds into a alliance and fight the opressors. So you don't like it, fine, but that doesn't make it bad, you just fail to realise how things work. It is a game, if a ruler here gets corrupt you can actually do something without the fear you or your family meet a early retirement from life.

On a side not why do you think AC and Shadowbane failed compared to EQ and DAoC? Because even then the majority of players did not want to get ganked every 5 minutes and would rather have a more fun enviorment to play in in which they could enjoy the game. EQ did have OW pvp servers and they did fine but not near aswell as the non pvp servers. Not sure if you been in the beta so i won't be harsh on you here. To begin with, i hate being ganked as well. In AoC i hated it to the bone that higher lvls came to low lvl regions just to gank the crap out of you. There was no honor what so ever in it. You couldn't do a thing cause you where bound to your lvl and you couldn't really flee at all. In the Tera beta i rolled onto a pvp server after i tried a duel on a PvE server. That someone is a higher lvl doesn't mean a thing in Tera. Oke he has a advantage but you can still actively block or dodge. And hell if you are out of reach you are out of reach, no cheap blows like in WoW where you could be hit by enemies even though between you and their sword where another 3 meters. If you are out of range they can't hit you. And the ranged classes really need to aim, they can't shoot 1 meter off to still hit you, their crosshair needs to be on you to hit you. During the beta there where gankers in the lower lvl regions, sure i couldn't kill them, but i was able to bring myself to safety. On the european servers when you flee towards quest givers it seems you are in a safe zone. They can't hit you there. And i also noticed on the chat that other high lvls where uniting to deal with these gankers so we the lower lvls could quest again. You know this will happen on a pvp server so deal with it.

But what is clear from this all is that Tera won't be your game. Why the huge bashing and pretending you are the voice of the MMO community? You don't like the game that is fine, it is your opinion but there is no need to talk like you do when you hardly even knew what you where talking about and just in general dislike how PvP is these days. Yeah i don't like gankers either, but that is why i normally roll on a PvE server. Don't listen to people who call you a carebear for they mostly are the gankers who don't even dare to fight people of their own lvl or better skilled, they go for the easy score. But many PvPers do have honor and don't gank like shit. However Tera is a world in war and you can't help that guilds will fight wars with each other. And zerg guilds will be there yes, so if you are a smaller guild you go political and form alliances with other guilds. You can have a zerg guild with 500+ members, but if you form a alliance with 10 guilds with 50 too 100 members per guild you still have the upper hand and probally a better at the fighting then the zergs.

Really i think you need to have tried the game before you judge it. You based your opinion on your experience with other games, but Tera has a total different combat system so gankers are less of a problem then in games like WoW. And yeah maybe the game will fail, maybe it isn't the game i been waiting for. But my experiences with the beta's so far left me impressed and loved every bit of it. If Tera isn't gonna do it for me in 3 months then so be it, but i enjoy it now and that is all that mathers.

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Open world pvp can be daunting, even for exp pvpers. I wanted to like this game so bad, but I cannot get past the grind.

I tried Aion again, just because its free, and I log in less and less, love the game, hate the grind, especially for gear. I still may try TERA, still on the fence.

Originally posted by Adalwulff

Open world pvp can be daunting, even for exp pvpers. I wanted to like this game so bad, but I cannot get past the grind.

I tried Aion again, just because its free, and I log in less and less, love the game, hate the grind, especially for gear. I still may try TERA, still on the fence.

I dislike grinding as well. But with a active combat system it feels less like a grind to me personally. I love games like Dynasty warrior (the singleplayer game not the MMO) and Tera reminded me a bit of that, fighting your way trough hordes of enemies (if you do it right otherwise take a little less enemies at the time). But yeah Tera isn't a game you buy for epic quests i think. So i hope you will be able to test it some how before buying it so you can see if you like the game enough and find the grind less grindy then in other MMO's.

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187
    let's see how you like that 'awesome' pvp when you have to grind pve without end to stay competetive in pvp :D

Originally posted by Buttski

let's see how you like that 'awesome' pvp when you have to grind pve without end to stay competetive in pvp :D

Atleast that way you have a goal to work too :P

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Tera PvP is another system that gives World PvP a "TERAble" name.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I'd be more interested in TERA's PVP if it incorporated more risk vs rewards and had decent causes to fight for.

Right now it seems designed mostly for people who enjoy PVP for the "fun" of it, which has no appeal to me.

I fight for cause.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

I used to love open world PvP, until I realized it was nothing but politics. Ass kissing, superficial RL friendships, everything I try to get away from when I play an MMO. Then you have the pathological retards who gank lower levels, because their parents never loved them. No thanks, at my age I think I'll avoid the needless frustration.

I prefer instanced PvP where there are no politics involved, but player ability and strategy. No zerging, no e-peen contests, etc.

There is instanced PvP in TERA, albeit to a lesser extent than others. I would prefer it to be more prominent, especially with TERAs AWESOME combat, but... seeing as how I can't even play the game with my awful computer, it's moot.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Originally posted by Kyleran

I'd be more interested in TERA's PVP if it incorporated more risk vs rewards and had decent causes to fight for.

Right now it seems designed mostly for people who enjoy PVP for the "fun" of it, which has no appeal to me.

I fight for cause.

100% Agree.

PvP only for "fun" is not "fun" for me in long term. 

But for those who like PvP without any reason, just for the fun of fight, im sure they will have alot of fun in TERA. :)

Lets see how PvP in TERA goes in next months.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Jabas

I fight for cause.

100% Agree.

But for those who like PvP without any reason, just for the fun of fight, im sure they will have alot of fun in TERA. :)

Well i know i do =P haven't been other game where i had so much thrill in GvG and massive battle as tera yet (thats not an rts lol)

• NethriilNethriil Member Posts: 178
    Originally posted by //\//\oo

I used to love open world PvP, until I realized it was nothing but politics. Ass kissing, superficial RL friendships, everything I try to get away from when I play an MMO. Then you have the pathological retards who gank lower levels, because their parents never loved them. No thanks, at my age I think I'll avoid the needless frustration.
    I prefer instanced PvP where there are no politics involved, but player ability and strategy. No zerging, no e-peen contests, etc.
    There is instanced PvP in TERA, albeit to a lesser extent than others. I would prefer it to be more prominent, especially with TERAs AWESOME combat, but... seeing as how I can't even play the game with my awful computer, it's moot.

Well said. Wow had open world pvp. Had it. No one likes to be griefed ganked 24/7. And no the answer is not to roll on a pve server
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I fight for cause.

100% Agree.

Well i know i do =P haven't been other game where i had so much thrill in GvG and massive battle as tera yet (thats not an rts lol)

Yeah, we're just motivated by different things, neither way is better or worse, just a personal preference in the end.

Which is why I rolled on a PVE server and left the PVP ones alone for all you guys to have "fun" on.

But at least you won't be having fun at my expense.   image

Good luck and enjoy this weekend, finally here at last.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

I fight for cause.

100% Agree.

Yeah, we're just motivated by different things, neither way is better or worse, just a personal preference in the end.

Which is why I rolled on a PVE server and left the PVP ones alone for all you guys to have "fun" on.

But at least you won't be having fun at my expense.   image

Good luck and enjoy this weekend, finally here at last.

Wait till Server invasion comes and it gliches and let us invade a PvE server and all hell break loss XD

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by Merdur

This game will fail for the same reason's you claim it will suceed. With the current mmo market from WoW this game won't get anymore subs then say Rift has now. I give it 2-3 months before everyone realises how bad the political system will be and how corrupt it will end up becomming. The Open World pvp will add to this problem not take away from it. Being able to kill anyone anywhere is going to cause strife between guilds and your going to see 2-5 massive zerg guilds pop up on all the bigger servers who are going to bum rush the polls for areas and get there people into place. Then they start to screw with things in those areas to cause the other guilds to be down trouden and raise themselves up.

The developers over in Korea have even announced stealing the idea for WvWvW with 4 servers instead of 3, pray tell me how this will work when servers will be fighting each other so much due to hatred to form any sort of cohesive group?

This game has 1 chance and that would be to cut there loses and go F2P with a cash shop, atleast with that model they could gain some revenue back from this lost product. Also before you begin to bash my logic with "It's the #2 game in korea" well yes it's good over there becuase this is what THEY like. We are talking about the NA and EU playerbase, we don't like to be cheated out of thing's or feel like we are getting the shit end of the stick. If the goverment does it we can usually shrug it off but this is a game and you are nothing but another person to everyone out there. Your no special then a dieing dog on the side of the road. 95% of people wouldn't even look at you twice if you were dieing yourself.

This political system will be the downfall of Tera in NA/EU and no matter what you say it can't change how the mmo playerbase feels about it now. Maybe in 20 years when the current massive influx of younger gamers understand politics more but as it stands it will be nothing but a clusterfuck of bad behavior and strife between players, and in these regions the playerbase likes to feel welcome not shunned by everyone.

On a side not why do you think AC and Shadowbane failed compared to EQ and DAoC? Because even then the majority of players did not want to get ganked every 5 minutes and would rather have a more fun enviorment to play in in which they could enjoy the game. EQ did have OW pvp servers and they did fine but not near aswell as the non pvp servers.

Why did you spend the time writing five paragraphs when its pretty clear you prefer cheezy free to play games over AAA quality games with a sub.

Tell ya what sherlock, there is actually an extremely large player base willing to pay a montly SET fee for 100% of the game content over the current flood of F2P cash grabs.

Youve got plenty of "Free to Play" games to choose from, go play one, not our fault your too poor or too cheap to pay for an MMO other than probably buyng a sparkle pony now and then.

• kanedaAkanedaA Member Posts: 66

yep if eme put some pvp gear etc so the pvp can have a purpose t would be even more awesome

tera pvp is by far the best an mmo fantasy can offer today