Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So excited for the PS3 version!! - some questions!

DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

I can't actually believe they are still releasing it onto the PS3! This is the best news I've heard in a long long time. As a student I could only afford a PS3 and not a really good PC rig so now I'm super excited to finally play this awesome MMO. 

But I do have some concerns...

While I wait for the PS3 version will I be left behind in terms of content? I've been reading updates and I'm always concerned when coming into an MMO late that the game will already be top heavy and will just feel like im playing catch up.

Also I'm a casual gamer will that make a negative impact on my experience?

Comments

• sabotage23sabotage23 Member Posts: 25

This game is god awful. They pretty much stole my money when they released this worthless POS game on the PC awhile ago

• GrimfargoGrimfargo Member UncommonPosts: 59

Awesome MMO?

hmm Are we talking about the same game?

If you like MMOs and cant afford a good PC stick with DCUO (its F2P) or wait for Dust 514.

Just my 2 cent.

• DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

Well I spoke to some players and they said it was starting to become really cool. Maybe they are just in denial then...

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by Duilyon

Well I spoke to some players and they said it was starting to become really cool. Maybe they are just in denial then...

Clearly those 2 have not played since beta or release. PS3 version will be 2.0 and if the patch is anything like the last few it will be awesome.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

The PS3 version wont happen.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by tixylix

For better or worse, it is happening.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Originally posted by niceguy3978

It'll get canned

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Originally posted by niceguy3978

It'll get canned

Your face will get canned. It's coming. Can't stop it.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

lol reading the troll posts its funny.  THe posts are so lame its like they are all trolled out..either used up all their creativity last year ( err two years ago)  or tired from teh Tera/GW2 war.  As for the OP, Im not sure if the PS3 will be on the same server as the PC and even if it is, there was such a large diaspora .  IF/When we all come back we will essentially be starting over along with you.   You should be fine

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

The game, for me, has become amazing. I too preordered the game and played at the beginning, quit after level 20.  I recently came back, and WOW. I've never seen a game change so much for the better. I can't log out.

It might not be everyones cup of tea atm, but if you loved FFXI and like the old style of gaming, you will fit right in. The new boss battles, jobs, AF armor, everything is pretty amazing.

Not to mention the new legacy program. For people that play for 3+ months before 2.0 releases, we will get exclusive mounts, names in the 2.0 credits! and also a subscription rate of just $9.99/month for 8 characters, forever. This is roughly a $5/mo discount for the entire life of the game.

Like I said, it may not be for everyone at the moment, but my friends and I that have returned recently are loving it.

• FleshMaskFleshMask Member UncommonPosts: 249

I don't know why the FXIV fans are getting excited... it's still a really bad game that is about to be dropped into the shark's pool of PS3 players.

The minute it hits stores in PS3 format, prepare for all the MMO forums to be flooded with angry pitch forks and torches...

It's an MMO with long dry crafting, no auctions, and copy-paste terrain.... it's not going to be the question if you personally like it, it's going to be a new crowd to torch this horrible game.

So yes, it's coming... but why the hell are you happy? You and all of us are about to see flood of flames and horrible humilating reviews ALL OVER AGAIN, oh the humanity!

Just speaking the truth.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Originally posted by FleshMask

I don't know why the FXIV fans are getting excited... it's still a really bad game that is about to be dropped into the shark's pool of PS3 players.

The minute it hits stores in PS3 format, prepare for all the MMO forums to be flooded with angry pitch forks and torches...

It's an MMO with long dry crafting, no auctions, and copy-paste terrain.... it's not going to be the question if you personally like it, it's going to be a new crowd to torch this horrible game.

So yes, it's coming... but why the hell are you happy? You and all of us are about to see flood of flames and horrible humilating reviews ALL OVER AGAIN, oh the humanity!

Just speaking the truth.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Research the game, 2.0, and the improvements already made before you speak "the truth".

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Just speaking the truth.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Research the game, 2.0, and the improvements already made before you speak "the truth".

Don't even need to research. Pretty much everything is on this site. The interviews or just the forum topics. FleshMask is just being ignorant on purpose.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,956

Originally posted by Satimasu

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Just speaking the truth.

Don't even need to research. Pretty much everything is on this site. The interviews or just the forum topics. FleshMask is just being ignorant on purpose.

Ehh have you even looked at the pdf documents regarding 2.0 ?

All the maps are being completely redesigned / overhauled.  The whole engine basically get's replaced by a new one/updated one, as the current one is performance nightmare, etc.

• StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Wouldn't suprise me if the game has the same problems that the PC version has even after 2.0 version was released. Graphical engine in game needs more optimization and the questing system needs more work as well. The company is just pushing the game out there to make more money. I bet first few weeks of the PS3 release all Square Enix forums will be flooded with hate and flame all over them none stop, until the game goes F2P again. That's all I'm going to say.

Is there some hive mind overlord sending drones in here? Here, you can look at the 2.0 stuff. You can't feign ignorance anymore. They're rebuilding the game from scratch, engine and all. It would be stupid of them to release 1.0 on PS3 and change nothing. They aren't just calling it 2.0 because they're releasing it for the PS3.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index.html

Hope that helps.

• StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92

Is there some hive mind overlord sending drones in here? Here, you can look at the 2.0 stuff. You can't feign ignorance anymore. They're rebuilding the game from scratch, engine and all. It would be stupid of them to release 1.0 on PS3 and change nothing. They aren't just calling it 2.0 because they're releasing it for the PS3.

Hope that helps.

That info was there for long time after their interview about releasing 2.0 with changes and they said that the graphical engine WILL NOT be changed. Plus "completely remaking a game" doean't mean that they'll be changing the graphical engine as well. Not saying it can't happen, but they did say it in their interview, "there will be no change to the graphical engine".

• BassmanJBassmanJ Member Posts: 25
    Still coming to the ps3 huh? This is going to be fun. Jp onry all over again, plus ps3 player reviews. All that and somehow, someway, squee will find a way to screw over the ps3 lot.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,956

Originally posted by Stalkerous

Hope that helps.

That info was there for long time after their interview about releasing 2.0 with changes and they said that the graphical engine WILL NOT be changed. Plus "completely remaking a game" doean't mean that they'll be changing the graphical engine as well. Not saying it can't happen, but they did say it in their interview, "there will be no change to the graphical engine".

The New FINAL FANTASY XIV and the PlayStation®3 System Version

Between October and December of 2012, we plan to integrate the current service and the coming PlayStation®3 version into the all-new FINAL FANTASY XIV. At this time, a second free trial period will also be offered.

Among our new plans is the fundamental reworking of in-game maps. As part of this process, there will be a period required for switching over to a new client and new servers, after which there will be a large transfer of data when service is brought back online. After the new client is completed, new software for the PC version will be distributed online, and can be acquired free of charge. Character data and progress for players already playing the PC version will also be preserved, allowing those players to continue using their in-game avatars. Another announcement will be made in the future as the day on which the new FINAL FANTASY XIV software will become available for download draws near, and the PlayStation®3 system version officially released.

-------------------------------

If they weren't completely reworking the entire game and the engine itself, then they wouldn't have to release an entire new client and a whole new server infrastructure.

Just saying.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Stop bringing up this old wound, its still to soon!!!

/cries

I hold a tiny bit of hope for 2.0, but she broke my heart once....

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

I'm a FF fan, for sure, and i'm also not one to say ' DOOM AND GLOOM' but Developers can draw out plans all day long, but by the time it's finished, there will be things they didnt do all the way, wont implement till 'after launch' sometime, and things they just did totally backwards.

Fool me once...

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Do you still have to wade through 3 menus to harvest a rock? I got into beta and could only play for one hour tops.Hated it,actually hated it isn't strong enough this is the worst MMO I ever played.I hope they do fix it for the people who have stayed loyal to it though.Good luck with that.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by Stalkerous

The graphics engine and server infrastructure will be completely replaced. There is nothing ambiguous or unclear about it.

Not to say that the end result will be any good, but those are the facts.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

Originally posted by Fangrim

Do you still have to wade through 3 menus to harvest a rock? I got into beta and could only play for one hour tops.Hated it,actually hated it isn't strong enough this is the worst MMO I ever played.I hope they do fix it for the people who have stayed loyal to it though.Good luck with that.

I also played during beta and was horribly disappointed.

Just subbed again this week, though, and it's definitely much improved, especially in the performance department.  It still isn't perfect, but its much more playable now.

I can't speak for content yet since I'm only Lv. 6. I'm still not crazy about the comba UI, or the vending-machine kill x of creature y "guildleve" quests. I primarily only subbed to get the discounted sub cost after 2.0 hits.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

All people talking about "how amazing" and "changed" it is now, clearly are just overhyped fanboys.

Yes they added a lot of "content".
    Yes they added a few working game mechanics.

But nothing really core touching. It's like a paintjob (even if it's a good one) and not until 2.0 the core and framework will get replaced.

The huge clusterfuck of an UI will only get replaced in 2.0, even the game engine which brought up all those secondary issues in terms of (restrictive) game design like copy & pasted worlds and you couldn't see initially past just a handful of people at once. The bad implementation of playershops and shopping areas, which made the world lacking in details. Before any fanboy rages in, this is said by your own prophet yoshiP. Read 2.0 manifesto.

Concerning consoles, the PS3 has a harddrive :)
    The PS3 crowed likely starts out on their own services. You don't need to worry to catch up.