Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta Weekend to start at noon?

Comments

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

24 hours to go, 24 hours to go high ho the merry'o 24 hours to go!

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566

Originally posted by Zylaxx

I took off work tomorrow so I couldnt be happier.

Me too. I work weekends so it's such great timing that it fell on my holiday weekend.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

Originally posted by Nevulus

Who else will be bummed at work or school knowing that they could be at home tomorrow afternoon playing GW2?

I know I will be at work counting down the minutes like a mad man.

I work Friday 12:00 till 23:00 and Saturday 09:00 am till 20:00.  Si I will mostlikely only be around on Sunday. Not bummed though because its just a beta event. I jsut want to check out the clan controls.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Originally posted by GingerHitman

For us Europeans the servers go live at 7-8pm, couldn't be better :)

This man speaks the truth....  I did however take the day off anyway...   Need to make sure I'm totally prepared for this.

I have disowned my friends and family and stocked up my fridge (which is next to my bed along with my gaming rig).  Still need to think about character names..  Well i've got about 12 hours to kill so no rush.

I've got a funny feeling its not going to go all that smoothly, but this is what testing is for  :)

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444
    Will we get an email saying, now you can log in. Or can we all log in the same time?

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by Thodra

Will we get an email saying, now you can log in. Or can we all log in the same time?

You should be able to just log on once it starts.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Last one in is a rotten egg!

Be prepared for problems... the US has a 3rd world network that can't handle any significant amount of traffic. Even if ArenaNet is prepared for the rush, the fail internet companies that connect you to them probably aren't.

Originally posted by OldManFunk

Be prepared for problems... the US has a 3rd world network that can't handle any significant amount of traffic. Even if ArenaNet is prepared for the rush, the fail internet companies that connect you to them probably aren't.

Then I'm glad I live in Europe ;-)

Originally posted by OldManFunk

Then I'm glad I live in Europe ;-)

Wuuuurd !

/10 chars??

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    You suckers need a hazardous duty job so you can retire at 43. I'll keep the game warm for you until you get home image
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    I work for the government so I get like a crap ton of vacation days per year.  Took tomorrow off without any difficulty.  image

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    D(ragon) Day T - 12 hours....  Well, 17 for me as I'm in Washington state but have to work 'til 5pm.  :(  So, you all have fun in that 5 hours!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by heartless

I got an email from Anet telling me they were letting people log on alphabetically.

cool!....my name is Sam Aardvark!

• MsengeMsenge Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by whisperwynd

I think it's the GMT that's confusing some of you and the daylight saving attached to it.

Here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

All you need to educate yourself on telling time everywhere.

Well I don't know about everywhere.  In Tanzania they've got a wierd quirk in how they comunicate the time.  Instead of going by the noon/midnight pm/am convention we use they go by the sun.  In Tanzania the sun typically rises around 6am and sets around 6pm all year long.  So this leads to our 7am to be their 1, our 8am to be their 2, etc.  Both are refering to the same hour of the day, just in different ways.

• UsulDaNeriakUsulDaNeriak Member Posts: 640

Originally posted by Kehdar

9pm here... I was hoping a bit sooner :(

yeah, could become a long night. i just bought food and drinks for 3 days. i hope the login-servers will withstand the invasion. 

played: Everquest I (6 years), EVE (3 years)
    months: EQII, Vanguard, Siedler Online, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2
    weeks: WoW, Shaiya, Darkfall, Florensia, Entropia, Aion, Lotro, Fallen Earth, Uncharted Waters
    days: DDO, RoM, FFXIV, STO, Atlantica, PotBS, Maestia, WAR, AoC, Gods&Heroes, Cultures, RIFT, Forsaken World, Allodds

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

Originally posted by wrightstuf

I got an email from Anet telling me they were letting people log on alphabetically.

Sorry they go by first name not last.

• RodgeVRodgeV Member UncommonPosts: 35

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Well that blows.

My last name is Österberg.

Hurray.

If the countdown is right on guildwars2.com then it says 10 hours before beta starts = before you can log in. And that means here in denmark, we can't log in before 21:00 pm. Lol man that's late, i'm glad it's weekend :-P

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

9hrs:40min to go so around 20:00+ pm i can login tonight.

Monday morning not many EU players can play, badly organised for us EU players :(

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

Monday morning not many EU players can play, badly organised for us EU players :(

I hope they will treat EU players better here, than in SWTOR. In SWTOR, it was like, they coulden't care less about EU players

• ErinDarkstarErinDarkstar Member UncommonPosts: 27

Play Tera for 5 hour's, then have a hour brake and then GW 2.

don't forget to check for patchs.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    5am for Australian players :P

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

This is a beta testing weekend...  Monday is not the weekend.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

Originally posted by Nevulus

Who else will be bummed at work or school knowing that they could be at home tomorrow afternoon playing GW2?

I know I will be at work counting down the minutes like a mad man.

I'll be bummed at work and school. Because I'm a teacher. FML.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I get out of work at 6, then I HAVE to cut grass for two people because it has literally rained for the past 6 days.  Then I work saturday morning until noon and have a wedding to go to that evening.  :(