Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another failed P2P gone F2P

snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
And you can talk to the devs in 19 hours 10 mins and 24 secs.......................

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Failed p2p. Yet it lasted 7 years before it went f2p? Are you smoking something? It was a really, really well liked game by it's fanbase, which wasn't small, until it went F2P, which even then each of the servers had something like 1700 logged in at all times. Which is enough to run the game at least.
  • synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    When did that game get released again?
  • GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

Originally posted by Panther2103

Failed p2p. Yet it lasted 7 years before it went f2p? Are you smoking something? It was a really, really well liked game by it's fanbase, which wasn't small, until it went F2P, which even then each of the servers had something like 1700 logged in at all times. Which is enough to run the game at least.

I was not a fan, But Agree 100%

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

i thought this game was horrible...i t looked epic in the videos but when  u actually play it...the whoal mouse movement thing just isnt right for a MMORPG...just dosnt "click" heheheh i made a funny

and not to mention the general population is made up of 85% japanees ppl....and korean

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

Originally posted by Scypheroth

i thought this game was horrible...i t looked epic in the videos but when  u actually play it...the whoal mouse movement thing just isnt right for a MMORPG...just dosnt "click" heheheh i made a funny

That's funny, I hated the game for the same reason.

But it had a huge following, so a 7 year run = Win in my book. Besides, going F2P doesn't = fail either.

• mf16mf16 Member UncommonPosts: 65

Agree^^ 

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
         L2 isnt a failure...If going f2p is the better business model then thats a sound business decision.....People really need to get past the days of p2p=great f2p=awful........
  • xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

Agreed. The only fail I see is the title of the thread.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Giddian

Originally posted by Scypheroth

That's funny, I hated the game for the same reason.

But it had a huge following, so a 7 year run = Win in my book. Besides, going F2P doesn't = fail either.0

This!  I just don't understand people sometimes!  Although I beta'd the game, and bought it, ultimatly it wasn't what I was looking for.  Doesn't mean it was bad.  Heck - alot of people are obviously still playing :D

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

• Zen_BladeZen_Blade Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Yeah at one time L2 was the largest in the world, even though EQ was biggest in the US.  (Pre-WoW of course)
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Lineage 2 will forever go down as one of the most succsesfull mmos in history. This is just pure ignorance.
  • soulfly205soulfly205 Member Posts: 32
    move to free 2 play was great imo but tried it out but it felt like they allowed you to rush through levels to fast, made it feel like your progress was useless... would stil lplay but i stopped in hopes to come back later since it was almost impossible to do anything cuz thousands of people were crowding the servers

• DyrttDyrtt Member Posts: 422
    define "failed."  Because I think you might be confused about the definition.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Lineage II has been around for almost a full decade. Ya, complete failure there.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by snapfusion

And you can talk to the devs in 19 hours 10 mins and 24 secs.......................

I'm not a fan of the game, but look at how long its been around...yeap, you are smart...that's a fail game.  The problem with the game is the ranger program.  I played it...and ranger can literally do everything for you.  You can even make pvp scripts...so stupid.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• andreika111andreika111 Member UncommonPosts: 88

Originally posted by snapfusion

Right, I dont like l2, however, that failed game has been around longer than you

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Another failed thread bringing absolutely nothing of meaning to the genre or subject matter for discussion.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Lineage 2 ran for 8+ years. it didnt fail, it was simply allowed to die in its sleep.

The devs did all the expansions they wanted to do, the game was complete in there eyes.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Someone JUST realized that L2 went F2P, when it's been months. AION is the one that recently went F2P as well. Both of the games are okay. Going F2P never=FAIL, it's actually a big WIN for the company since they have in game item shops and people spend more than $15 a months on the games now due to the in game item shops.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527

Originally posted by Stalkerous

Someone JUST realized that L2 went F2P, when it's been months. AION is the one that recently went F2P as well. Both of the games are okay. Going F2P never=FAIL, it's actually a big WIN for the company since they have in game item shops and people spend more than $15 a months on the games now due to the in game item shops.

Bad ass bleach sig man. image

As for L2/Aion F2P, I completely agree with Stalk as quoted. Aion's F2P appears to be a huge success because I see players everywhere now, and a lot of those players have new outfits, pets, weapons, wings, etc. showing the popularity of the kinds of things you find on the cash shop. The LFG channel is flooded with groups. Different guilds are spamming chat channels with offers/invites. The game looks better than ever since the recent graphics upgrade and a stable 64-bit client, and the questing structure assisted by the new "Aion Atlas" are great new additions.

I haven't been back to L2 just because of lack of time, but if the increased popularity of Aion is any sign of a successful F2P structure, I'm sure L2 is healthier because of it too.

• StalkerousStalkerous Member UncommonPosts: 92

Originally posted by IrishChai

Originally posted by Stalkerous

Bad ass bleach sig man. image

As for L2/Aion F2P, I completely agree with Stalk as quoted. Aion's F2P appears to be a huge success because I see players everywhere now, and a lot of those players have new outfits, pets, weapons, wings, etc. showing the popularity of the kinds of things you find on the cash shop. The LFG channel is flooded with groups. Different guilds are spamming chat channels with offers/invites. The game looks better than ever since the recent graphics upgrade and a stable 64-bit client, and the questing structure assisted by the new "Aion Atlas" are great new additions.

I haven't been back to L2 just because of lack of time, but if the increased popularity of Aion is any sign of a successful F2P structure, I'm sure L2 is healthier because of it too.

Thanks.

As to what you said about AION, it's very true. It got way better with the new graphical engine after they switched to Unreal engine, and Atlas is just like L2s Path to Awakning. You get bonuses(Gear set, potion, stones, weapons, etc..)  every few lvls or for doing some elite or hard quests.

But L2 community got a bit meaner since it went F2P, so many people pking now more than ever. I'm stuck at lvl 76 in L2 right since the spots where I need to lvl are over run by lvl 99 ppl. I still play the game sometimes though and try to lvl up slowly. Hope L2 gets better, only if the devs would get better GMs those that can instant ban botters and gold farmers, those are the biggest pkers in game now.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

I totally forgot about the open world PK.  I gotta remember to point this out whenever people start crying for more OWPvP.  I doubt gold farmers are PKing, unless it's PK first before they get PKed.  I had two friends that bought L2, and they were desperate to get a third to team with.  Ever other player they came across PKed first and asked questions later.  I watched them play in their 20's and 30's and I think they hit a wall around 60's or 70's and quit playing.

As for fail, L1 & L2 were the second and third largest MMORPGs in the world for many years.  The company made money.  These two games probably paid for the development of GW2, and the buyout of ArenaNet by NCsoft.  Calling this game a fail is ridiculing the years of scucess.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• JuicemanJuiceman Member Posts: 167
    I have to feed the troll to say, don't feed the troll.
  • snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    I will say the same thing about Wow when it finally converts.........