Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you an unashamed MMORPG collector?

WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Are you an unashamed MMORPG collector... I seem to bumble onto most of the major games and purchase them some I play for a long time even if I try something else as well.  Though I drop hot potatoes if my friends quit or content drys up/becomes a repeat cicle WARGLE style.

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I am without a doubt an unashamed MMORPG collector.

I still have game boxes for-

UO, SWG, E&B, FFXI, WoW, GW, GW:F, TR, WAR

and digital purchases/receipts for EQ2, EvE, Rift, and TOR.

Countless more downloaded, trialed, installed, demo'd, beta'd, etc.etc.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Yes.

I remember going to Gamestop to pick up my Pre-Order of EverQuest II Desert of Flames EXP.

Because I pre-ordered, I was to get an exclusive PET MONKEY code from Gamestop. I drove to the store, walked up to the counter, and asked for my game. The cashier handed me only the box and waved me on.

I said, "Where is my EXCLUSIVE ITEM CODE?"

The cashier replies, "Huh?"

"Where is my PET MONKEY code?"

I begin to hear these two idiot kids behind me start laughing. Even now I'm getting mad just thinking about it. I was about to cast Reign of Fists.

"What MONKEY CODE?"

I hear more laughter.

ARGGGHH

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Of course not. I do not "collect" games. I play them for entertainment value.
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by mmoDAD

Yes.

I remember going to Gamestop to pick up my Pre-Order of EverQuest II Desert of Flames EXP.

Because I pre-ordered, I was to get an exclusive PET MONKEY code from Gamestop. I drove to the store, walked up to the counter, and asked for my game. The cashier handed me only the box and waved me on.

I said, "Where is my EXCLUSIVE ITEM CODE?"

The cashier replies, "Huh?"

"Where is my PET MONKEY code?"

I begin to hear these two idiot kids behind me start laughing. Even now I'm getting mad just thinking about it. I was about to cast Reign of Fists.

"What MONKEY CODE?"

I hear more laughter.

ARGGGHH

You know whats absolutely delicious about being the Mmorpg fanatic that I am?

Every time I goto a midnight kickoff ,  or to pickup a preorder ..... I am always :

1. In the best shape.

2. Dressed the best.

3. The best looking, albeit I'm not Fabio.

4. The best gamer there.

5. The only one who's married.

6. The only one driving a car above 200hp.

Seriously todays kids just don't know how to be a gamer with style ....

*Disclaimer* I'm completely serious .... I understand that I live in Arkansas where the population is already little better than the mutant cast from the "Hills have Eyes" ... I am never-the-less satisfied.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

I collect some games but not to extreme.

I still have UO-AC-SB-AC2-L2-DFO all boxes i dont realy buy games online. I collect alot more solo games specially rpg's also all boxes. Got around 100+ games retail boxes from 1996-2012.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by Wicoa

Are you an unashamed MMORPG collector... I seem to bumble onto most of the major games and purchase them some I play for a long time even if I try something else as well.  Though I drop hot potatoes if my friends quit or content drys up/becomes a repeat cicle WARGLE style.

Guilty - I really started to appreciate digital downloads. It was a nice shot in the foot to have girls stumble on to silly MMO boxes. That conversation is always fun.

• Florence52Florence52 Member Posts: 5
    Though I drop hot potatoes if my friends quit or content drys up/becomes a repeat cicle WARGLE style.