Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Final Thoughts Before Launch

Comments

• kanedaAkanedaA Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by darkbamy

just because of frogster and all im just not gonna buy this one...i know there will be mods made to get rid of all the censor....but yet..since the game failed in japan AND korea then its kidna clear to me the game is doing something wrong

failed ???

its the third most played mmo there

do some reseach before trolling noob

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by jaramigo

Originally posted by Czelaw

• Monthly Subscription: $14.99 

• 3-month Subscription: $35.85 ($11.95/month  = 20% discount)

• 6-month Subscription: $59.70 ($9.95/month = 34% discount)

• Yearly Subscription: $107.40 ($8.95/month = 40% discount)

heres the sub price list....@MoonBeans

right, but you forgot that you have to pay for the game:

$49.99 standard edition +1 month of game time

$59.99 collectors edition +1 month of game time

so, what you guys think about that? ... i really like this game, but my wallet says GW2 is the right choice for me

my wallet says play both and dont sleep

Originally posted by chefdiablo

My experience was enjoyable and if I could justify spending the money on the game and a sub I would certainly do it.

The combat was fun and challenging, the graphics were at par with any modern game. The only negative for me was the questing, but that is an aspect that I can over look if the rest of the game delivers.

I am holding out for TSW and GW2. One for the pvp without a sub, and the other for the challenge of the questing. I hope that the "thinking" part of TSW will give me some entertaining obstacles to overcome.

Challenge of questing ???

oO you mean one quest at the time go kill 10 zombies,go talk to that hippie go there and kill 10 golem mechs ?

y very challenging.

• jaramigojaramigo Member UncommonPosts: 6
    i dont know why people use the argument that the korean version of the game was a  fail. Thats really stupid because the korean culture is totally different when it comes to MMOs : they love grinding games. And this isnt a grindfest game so i love it. Shame i cant afford pay for the game plus the monthly sub right now D:

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

I know that price is pretty standard, for subscription MMO's these days, but with the movement to Free2Play/Microstransactions, and AAA title subscription free games like GW2, I'm finding the $15 US per month pretty hard to swallow.

Once upon a time, it would be a no brainer to plonk down my $15 for a month of playtime with TERA... now days, I can't justify that cost, with so many other games of similar quality, out there for me to play instead.

- free to play games generally have more trolls / black market activies / griefers... I recently went back to Aion and when we were trying to do an outdoor elite area an assassin repeatedly kept trying to wipe us with his monsers he would pull and run thorugh our group.

- There is no game quite like TERA in gameplay. 

my two cents, and my opinion.

Not to mention paradise hack/p2p soone or later

and the slow paced content aka gw1 and other f2p crap games

• jaramigojaramigo Member UncommonPosts: 6

Originally posted by scotty899

Originally posted by Czelaw

• Monthly Subscription: $14.99 

• 3-month Subscription: $35.85 ($11.95/month  = 20% discount)

• 6-month Subscription: $59.70 ($9.95/month = 34% discount)

• Yearly Subscription: $107.40 ($8.95/month = 40% discount)

heres the sub price list....@MoonBeans

right, but you forgot that you have to pay for the game:

$49.99 standard edition +1 month of game time

$59.99 collectors edition +1 month of game time

so, what you guys think about that? ... i really like this game, but my wallet says GW2 is the right choice for me

my wallet says play both and dont sleep

i wish i could do that . Some of us have to chose :(

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

i dont know why people use the argument that the korean version of the game was a  fail. Thats really stupid because the korean culture is totally different when it comes to MMOs : they love grinding games. And this isnt a grindfest game so i love it. Shame i cant afford pay for the game plus the monthly sub right now D:

And the funny part is that's not even true.

Top 10 games played in korea:

01. Aion Online (MMORPG) [13.81%]

02. League of Legends (Multiplayer RTS) [12.69%]

03. Sudden Attack (MMOFPS) [10.93%]

04. FIFA Online 2 (Multiplayer Soccer/Futbol) [5.53%]

05. Starcraft: Brood War (Multiplayer RTS) [5.44%]

06. Warcraft 3 (Multiplayer RTS) [4.22%]

07. Lineage (MMORPG) [3.51%]

08. TERA (MMORPG) [2.80%]

09. Lineage 2 (MMORPG) [2.54%]

10. World of Warcraft (MMORPG) [2.44%]

Tera is in the top 10 and has more player than L2 and WOW

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288

Originally posted by Kehdar

I'm curious to know where people get this information from....  I'm sure it's out there somewhere and I could probably do a Google Search to find it, but I don't really care THAT much and the site(s) I find may not be the same one you used.

Originally posted by KyutaSyuko

I'm curious to know where people get this information from....  I'm sure it's out there somewhere and I could probably do a Google Search to find it, but I don't really care THAT much and the site(s) I find may not be the same one you used.

Since i can't read korean i have to use over ppl translation, google "korean Top 10 PC Games" it's the first link.

• ElizabetheElizabethe Member UncommonPosts: 12

Thanks for warning!

There is lots and lots of threads about Frogster in Eu forum.. People are confused, mad - couse there is no support, at all! There is like some robot with copy paste answers to every ticket.

Now I`m not sure do I want to buy this game... Or if I will buy it, then only US version (even if I live in EU) only couse of Frogster :(

:p  Oh yeaya! :p

Originally posted by Elizabethe

There is lots and lots of threads about Frogster in Eu forum.. People are confused, mad - couse there is no support, at all! There is like some robot with copy paste answers to every ticket.

After reading an open letter like this from their oversea counterpart, it's easy to bash Frogster.

But about this tickets problem, they may have some excuses. If the people on the EU board, would stop behaving like spoiled childrens, who deserve the 12+ rating, maybe Frogster customer care guys would have more time to answer real problems, isntead of a bunch of QQ message about the pegi rating.

• LonelyzLonelyz Member Posts: 1
    Eh..isn't Tera one of the most played mmos in Korea AND Japan? idk where this "ktera failed" mumbo jumbo came from
  • GoldiusGoldius Member UncommonPosts: 42

EME customer service has been second to none in my experience.

Tera has gorgeous graphics and music.....this gives me the escape im looking for in a game. AT the end of the day i'm looking for escapism....and this game provides it.

It's not a perfect game but the potential is there and EME is the first company i feel i can trust to do their best to deliver.

I can't explain why this game gets me in but it does.... all i care about with a new game is i'm having fun and forgetting the world....that's entertainment for me.

Best wishes in your new venture EME you have my support i look foward to seeing this game grow.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Originally posted by Xstatic912

So less than $1 a day is hard (sorry if i don't know your expenses)...

How can these dev hope to stay in business in sub model fails.. Heck ArenaNet should be lucky they stayed in business this long, not becuase Guild wars was good or anything but becuase they didn't have a steady stream on cash coming in, Xpac's only about cover the cost to develop the Xpacs with a few left over to profit from..

Why do you think the are now opening the cash shop, you need cash to maintain stuff and to pay staffers too along with customer service etc..

Person just have this mental block that $15 a month is alot (sorry again if i don't know all your expenses).. Heck to see a movie in NY is $22 (Imax), $14 (reg) and thats just for 2hr worth on entertainment..

This is very much along my line of thinking.

I would love to see the frivolous things some of the people who say "$15 is too much" spend money on during the course of a month.  A movie is a perfectly good example. People will go out and spend $10-$12 on a movie ticket (depending on where you live, may be more or less), spend $5 on a coke and bag of pop-corn. And that's for something that lasts a couple hours and then is over. Yet they'll do it without a second thought on whether it's worth their money.

Then, some of those very same people will come on a forum like these to scoff and fuss at paying $15 for "all you can eat" access to something for an entire month. They're paying well under a dollar an hour if they even play as little as 8 hours a week, and I reckon even more casual players are logged-in more than that.

I play a MMO, on average, about 2-3 hours, 5-6 nights a week, sometimes more on weekends. Even staying on the conservative side, let's say 2 hours, 5 nights a week. That's 40 hours a month, and I'm paying about $0.37 an hour. Considering I more often play closer to 3 hours a session, and can spend a good 5-6 hours over the weekend, it comes out to even less per hour.

I do not understand how someone could scoff at that kind of value, but then look at something like a $5 temporary mount in a cash shop and think it's a great deal.

I have a very difficult time believing people have their sense of value that ack-basswards. It's just so counter-intuitive to me.

• NitzleplickNitzleplick Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Originally posted by Nitzleplick

Originally posted by Sephastus

I wish En-Mass well.

To those that came and read the article only to P.ss in the punch bowl: You should be ashamed. Go back to the games you enjoy. This article wasn't meant for you to say you want to play the game or not, or why you believe another game is better, but a developer's perspective after putting alot of effort into a game.

Excuse me, this IS a discussion forum.  Emasse presented their two cents and the posters here are entitled to post their own. So the only one that should be ashamed, is you for not grasping such an obvious fact.

Their two cents? this is discussing Brian Knox's personal story about starting up Tera and what it means to him. It's shameful that this is the community that GW2 has created. The fanbase it's born. In the end a reflection of the company itself. And a shame on you for lacking the decency to know when and where is a time to argue, and when is a time to be respectful. Whether you like Tera or not, this is not about Tera, but about En Masse in general. And if you are so lacking in manners to hold your tongue for when it matters, than your parents clearly raised you very poorly. 

Oh give me a break, it is a dicussion forum, if you cannot grasp that fact then I feel sorry for you.  If your feelings are hurt by a little criticism of this game you need to find another place to post.  That is the reason most people come here to see what others feel about the game.

Sure, they have done a great job getting TERA ready for the western audience, but you also have to factor in that the korean version bombed because of a too fast leveling curve and lack of content.  Let's hope Enmasse has addressed these problems.  I wish Enmasse the best.

Again, it's knowing when and where is the proper place to post such comments. You have shown you lack the maturity level of an adult to tell the difference.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Err, also..

Fantastic article :). Was a very enjoyable read.

My pre-order copy should be on my doorstep on the 1st. Looking forward to it!

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Their two cents? this is discussing Brian Knox's personal story about starting up Tera and what it means to him. It's shameful that this is the community that GW2 has created. The fanbase it's born. In the end a reflection of the company itself. And a shame on you for lacking the decency to know when and where is a time to argue, and when is a time to be respectful. Whether you like Tera or not, this is not about Tera, but about En Masse in general. And if you are so lacking in manners to hold your tongue for when it matters, than your parents clearly raised you very poorly. 

Again, it's knowing when and where is the proper place to post such comments. You have shown you lack the maturity level of an adult to tell the difference.

Speaking of maturity, thanks for crapping on an entire community for one dude's posts. Very mature there!

Anyway, enjoyed the writeup. I tried to enjoy TERA, but I'm just not sure the game is for me. Have fun with your new game guys!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by nycplayboy78

Originally posted by Elsabolts

Is there a Lifetime Subscription for this game anyone?

OMG...Your picture:

I r stealingz it :)

I haz stealz 2.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by Elizabethe

After reading an open letter like this from their oversea counterpart, it's easy to bash Frogster.

But about this tickets problem, they may have some excuses. If the people on the EU board, would stop behaving like spoiled childrens, who deserve the 12+ rating, maybe Frogster customer care guys would have more time to answer real problems, isntead of a bunch of QQ message about the pegi rating.

i put in a ticket regarding chat in Tera with frogster and they got back to me with a nice response,so i have no worries.also,all this stuff about how bad frogster are..cant say i've had problems with them,but then again i never played any of their games before.

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by aesperus

Speaking of maturity, thanks for crapping on an entire community for one dude's posts. Very mature there!

Anyway, enjoyed the writeup. I tried to enjoy TERA, but I'm just not sure the game is for me. Have fun with your new game guys!

Thats now the case really... Its just that i would say 95% of the posts that are hating on TERA without a single valid reason mention how GW2 is better, Now what do you really expect us to think about them? How many people do you see going to GW2 threads and saying "make it fully free without box sale and i play HURR" lets face it, I am sure that a lot of the players are mature but people like these trolls are the reason for the generalization.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Nice article.  It's nice to see a team that's passionate about the product they're creating.  I wasn't going to pick this one up, but I have to admit, I did have some fun when I was playing the beta, and some of my friends are getting it, so I hopped on board.  Looking forward to early access on the 28th.
  • JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Are frogster like the new goa?

Lets put it this way. Frogster made TERA a 12+ game, instead of 16 or 18+ as in the states and Korea. They don't tell much to the community, and made only one European version of the game, the worst kind..the german one. I don't have anything against the Germans but the problem here is that Germany has some insane laws towards games, meaning TERA had to be stripped from blood as much as possible and other cencoring.

I can't play on the American servers either, i want to pvp and with a latency of 200 that is out of the question. Also i already pre orderd the boxed version and used my key :(

• ClanRSClanRS Member UncommonPosts: 64
    Well, Frogster did promise to put the blood back in.
  • alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156

Everything about TERA is so tacky.  "Big Ass Monster?"  I mean really...

It sucks because the combat looks really good and otherwise I would really relish the chance to play it.   I wish I liked tacky things!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Originally posted by alyosha17

Everything about TERA is so tacky.  "Big Ass Monster?"  I mean really...

It sucks because the combat looks really good and otherwise I would really relish the chance to play it.   I wish I liked tacky things!

I have friends who would point out that video games are tacky. Especially online video games.

It's all relative.

So in certain people's eyes "yes, you do like tacky things".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo