Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rolls Out in New EU & Middle East Nations

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bioware has published and extensive list of new nations where Star Wars: The Old Republic has been released. The countries include many eastern European nations as well as an extensive list of Middle Eastern countries.

Check out the full list on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IngvarIngvar Member UncommonPosts: 193
    I got it from origin long time ago, and I live in one of these "New European" countries
  • usagichan77usagichan77 Member Posts: 13

I hope now they dont wait a month or two for server merges.. more than half of servers are graveyards and they still dont transfer characters.

• zhivikzhivik Member Posts: 38
    I'd say it's too little too late. Most of the people in these countries have already got a key from the bunch of sites that sold them as intermediaries. Why EA decided that they wouldn't sell their game in half of Europe and in the Middle East from the very beginning is beyond me. I guess they didn't want too many customers - well, I guess they got what they wanted ...
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

Originally posted by usagichan77

I hope now they dont wait a month or two for server merges.. more than half of servers are graveyards and they still dont transfer characters.

Actually it's exceedingly less than half of the servers...By a loooooong shot...Nice try though, but they do need to merge *those* servers,

Glad to see them expanding outward, and many of the middle eastern countries didn't have a way to access the game at all until now, so congrats on your assumptions everybody.

• VaelgardVaelgard Member UncommonPosts: 65

SWTOR will be the biggest selling Bosnian game ever!!!!! lol jk.  What a flop.  Perhaps the sultans of Saudi Arabia will order their subjects to play it and increase their subscription count :P

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Turd Fergeson

lol, I've seen some of those countries in the middle east that are on the list....the kids and adults are into blowing things up in REAL LIFE than in a video game.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Originally posted by Hrica

lol, I've seen some of those countries in the middle east that are on the list....the kids and adults are into blowing things up in REAL LIFE than in a video game.

Then the exclusive Imperial Suicide Bomber class should be right up their alley!

You start out at max level, but can only die once.

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Awesome. Bioware is working very hard on this fantastic game. In fact it is nice to see that this people can enjoy in real mmorpg game and maybe the only role playing game on market.  One of three mmo's worth to play

• jesus7474jesus7474 Member Posts: 3

I am from Israel , and been playing the game from the get-go.

so their announcement is strange…

ooh , and the game is so lame…GW2 please save us !!

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Originally posted by jesus7474

I am from Israel , and been playing the game from the get-go.

so their announcement is strange…

ooh , and the game is so lame…GW2 please save us !!

the deal was if for some reason you get a copy of the game in a country they didn't realease(like import it or ask a friend buy a copy and send to you) you could still make a account and play it, but in any case you are not supported for any language or region issues (like censoring ), also the only reason for then opne to new country now is to try and keep they subs up, since now they will have in theory a bigger pool to find foo.... people to pay for it :)

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Hey, at least we are learning the existence of a few new countries we didn't know they actually exist, like Latveria! No, wait, that is from Marvel and the home of Doctor Doom... or is it? @__@

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Awesome!!!!!
  • RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Originally posted by Valentina

Originally posted by usagichan77

Actually it's exceedingly less than half of the servers...By a loooooong shot...Nice try though, but they do need to merge *those* servers,

Glad to see them expanding outward, and many of the middle eastern countries didn't have a way to access the game at all until now, so congrats on your assumptions everybody.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends

Is 80% light, exceedingly less than half?

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by RefMinor

Awesome!!!!!

Lolwut? You aren't from Kazhakstaan or Saudia Arabia!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Florence52Florence52 Member Posts: 5
    It is good!
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It's never too late to add countries.  What's their status in Russia, China, South Korea, Japan and South America?  It's just what they need to boost their subscriber numbers.

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

It's never too late to add countries.  What's their status in Russia, China, South Korea, Japan and South America?  It's just what they need to boost their subscriber numbers.

bro, they don't believe in the Force in China or Russia. South Korea is the Republic of Starcraft, people in South America after their day  job are trying to sneak into the US to get escape the  violence and Japan has epic FF 14