It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Did anyone who bought the regular edition recieved their beta email yet ?
Yes I recieved it yesterday, did you register? I went through Gamestop here in town and didn't actually get the code and register till last week.....It came yesterday in the P.M. around 3 pst....
You should have got your invite by now.
If you didn't order directly from guildwars2.com then contact the retailer that you purchased your copy from, get the code and register it asap.
Be careful when registering. If you have a GW1 account and you link it to your GW2 account then you'll have to be able to login to your GW1 account in order to play GW2. If you did the GW1 trial but never purchased GW1 and link that to the GW2 account it'll hose your GW2 account up and you'll probably miss out on playing this weekend.
What is my Guild Wars 2 Login?
• Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 use the same login information.
• If you already play Guild Wars, and you linked Guild Wars 2 to your account, then you must log in to Guild Wars 2 and the forums using the exact same account information that you use to log in to play Guild Wars.
Example 1: Email or Account Name: myaccount@ncsoft Password: myGuildWarsPWExample 2: Email or Account Name: email@example.com Password: myGuildWarsPW
• If you did not link Guild Wars 2 to an existing Guild Wars account, then you must log in with the email address and password that you provided during registration.
Example: Email or Account Name: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: myGuildWars2PW
Can’t Sign In to the Forums to get the Download?
• The forums are experiencing a lot of traffic, so if the page is slow or gives you an error message, please be patient and try again later.
• Many players who cannot log in are not using the correct login information. Please read carefully the entry above titled “What is my Guild Wars 2 Login?”
• If you are certain that you have tried the correct login information, but still cannot sign in to the forums, then please follow the instructions in the next section titled “Tried to Reset Password but it Didn’t Work?”
Tried to Reset Password but it Didn’t Work?
• If your Guild Wars account has an @plaync or @ncsoft account name, try resetting your password through the NCsoft Master Account https://secure.ncsoft.com/ and try to log in again.
• We are aware of an issue that is preventing some players from receiving their password reset emails. We are working on a solution, and we will update the top issues on http://support.guildwars2.com/ by 15:00 Pacific (GMT-8) on 4/25 with more information. Please be patient with us.
Signed in OK, But There’s No Download Available?
• Some players are going to the wrong location and seeing a link that says “Guild Wars 2 - Not Available” Please make sure that you are using the following link: https://forum.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Getting-Started/page/1#post23793
• If you are using the correct link, but you only see a page that says “Welcome” and no option to download the client, try this: Click on the small link that says “News and Announcements” on the left hand side. On the next page, click “Getting Started”. Then you will see the download instructions and link.
Serial Code Already In Use?
• Most players who are experiencing this issue have already completed their registration successfully, but they did not see a confirmation screen or receive an email about it. Don’t worry about the confirmation. There is nothing in the confirmation email that is necessary to for you to log in. To find out if you registered successfully, simply sign in to the forums using the correct login information as described in the above section titled “What is my Guild Wars 2 Login?” Link to Forums and Beta Download: https://forum.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Getting-Started/page/1#post23793
• If you received a message that your code was in use, and you are sure that you cannot log in to the forums using the instructions in the above section titled “What is my Guild Wars 2 Login?”, then please respond to this issue with the Serial Code you are using and where you got it.
Didn’t Get a Registration Confirmation Email?
• Most players who did not receive a confirmation email or see a confirmation screen have indeed completed their registration successfully. Don’t worry about the confirmation. There is nothing in the confirmation email or confirmation screen that is necessary to for you to log in to Guild Wars 2. To find out if you registered successfully, simply sign in to the forums using the correct login information as described in the above section titled “What is my Guild Wars 2 Login?” Link to Forums and Beta Download: https://forum.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Getting-Started/page/1#post23793
Got an Email in the Wrong Language?
• We are investigating the cause of this issue, but it should have no effect on your ability to download the beta client or play Guild Wars 2. All players we have investigated with this issue so far do in fact have the correct region on their Guild Wars 2 account. You should be able to sign in to the forums and get the client if you use the correct information as stated in the above section titled “What is my Guild Wars 2 Login?” Link to Forums and Beta Download: https://forum.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Getting-Started/page/1#post23793
Want to Change Your Email Address?
• At this time, it is not possible to change your Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 account name or email address. We will have this ability before Guild Wars 2 launches. We know that some players do not have a valid email address for their combined Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 account name, and we know those players really want to change it. It will be possible in the future. If you believe this situation is preventing you from signing in to download the beta client, see the above sections titled “What is my Guild Wars 2 Login?” and “Tried to Reset Password, But it Didn’t Work?”
Quick question here:
Have users without pre-purchased game already received beta invite too?
Thanks in advance for answer.
Originally posted by Radeoo Hi folks! Quick question here: Have users without pre-purchased game already received beta invite too? Thanks in advance for answer.
I didn't think pre-orders were guaranteed a slot. I believe someone was posted something like this a few days ago.
I know, Arena underlined that only with pre-purchased you have guarantee. I was just wondering if i still have chance to lick GW2 in beta. After thousands of hours in GW1 (i feel i deserver beta slot :-) ) i would like test it before purchase, especially after buying overrated, crappy SWTOR last month.
is one of i guess many posts that are about this topic.
it basically says only pre-purchase will be guaranteed a BWE slot. I guess pre-orders have to sign up for beta and hope they get picked.
I pre-purchased and never received an email.
Obviously managed to get download link from others posting it, (Which btw has still not downloaded and is running very slowly)
Worrying that they have not emailed everyone they should have - bad sign.
Originally posted by Vortigon I pre-purchased and never received an email. Still haven't. Obviously managed to get download link from others posting it, (Which btw has still not downloaded and is running very slowly) Worrying that they have not emailed everyone they should have - bad sign.
Yes. Some of the emails arrived very late, or as you said not at all. Mine arrived two days after the initial invites were supposed to have been sent out and I just received it this morning.
All I can say is I'm glad I was checking here, and I found a link day one which allowed me to download it in time.
Just editing this to say that I blame my email server for this delay as it has happened way too many times in the past with other things.
if you think you may have missed it or weren't invited there is a quick solution. Since you already downloaded the game just log in the game and if you get a wrong username/password message then like me you can't play the beta. If you are in beta like one of my friends it says something about account is prepared and join them for the next beta event.
edit: since you pre-purchased the game i hope you made it in the BWE and didn't get accidentally screwed over by anet.