Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy trinity--wow, eve online, swtor. Do we need more games on the market?

palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

I think this 3 games offers everything what you need today in mmorpg  and there is no need to buy anything else. Wow--King for long time and it will stay for years on top, specially now with maybe best expansion ever made and we all know that after you play wow everything else is just a sad shadow. Eve- only  true sandbox game and only game where hurts when you die, hardcore   spaceship combat and only game worth to play in this genre. Swtor-- maybe only story driven mmo with best and most interesting leveling  in mmo world and first excellent Star Wars game. I know there are many haters of this games and most of them are sad because they do not have huge player base like this three but hey  so is the world,there is no place for fail products.  F2P or better P2W  games are not worth to mention because real players don't even want to try this kind of games

Comments

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259

this is just troll bait...

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Originally posted by Skankster

Maybe for you, but for me is that the true

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Someone is off their meds and rambling..........

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• JaggaSpikesJaggaSpikes Member UncommonPosts: 430
    it's a sad day when new kids can't make better games
  • VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

OOoo boy. There is so much wrong with this post I dont know where to begin. Better yet I think it best to leave this alone...

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

two words. YES SIR.

Wow is old, EVE is old..... SWTOR is not interesting to me.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by Skankster

Or a roll call of "games I don't play".  Seems like kind of useless trivia for other guys, though, not sure why he would need to announce that.  I think you might be right!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

I foresee a lock .......

I think I wil send a gift basket to the mod's this year, if only they would pm me a location to have Wine Country ship it to....

• KaniverKaniver Member UncommonPosts: 110

Originally posted by Tokken

two words. YES SIR.

What he said

Originally posted by Tokken

two words. YES SIR.

You know any better subscription games? Like i said f2p we have on every corner and 99% are crap,

• pongdunpongdun Member UncommonPosts: 81

Sorry dude but you really don't know what you are saying. Wow is dead... and its a real crap compared to Aion, Rift! And I'm no even talking about Tera, that will really kick Wow's a......

SWTOR is really silly and it's not going well... really far from well in fact!!!

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229
    F2P = Failed 2 Prosper image      
  • DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Well if those were the only games on the market, I wouldn't be playing any games :(
    Yeah I won't deny maybe F2P is a bad positioning.. but wow is dying dear... fast in fact... like a cancer.. its eating it by inside!
    In fact its just a matter of time for Wow to become F2P. If you can't realise that, than, you're silly!!!!
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by palulalula

I think this 3 games offers everything what you need today in mmorpg  and there is no need to buy anything else. Wow--King for long time and it will stay for years on top, specially now with maybe best expansion ever made and we all know that after you play wow everything else is just a sad shadow. Eve- only  true sandbox game and only game where hurts when you die, hardcore   spaceship combat and only game worth to play in this genre. Swtor-- maybe only story driven mmo with best and most interesting leveling  in mmo world and first excellent Star Wars game. I know there are many haters of this games and most of them are sad because they do not have huge player base like this three but hey  so is the world,there is no place for fail products.  F2P or better P2W  games are not worth to mention because real players don't even want to try this kind of games

My head image hurts..

No.. Yeah its tried and true but...

No.. Is truely awesome

Noooooooooooo...... Just noooo

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

Originally posted by pongdun

Sorry dude but you really don't know what you are saying. Wow is dead... and its a real crap compared to Aion, Rift! And I'm no even talking about Tera, that will really kick Wow's a......

SWTOR is really silly and it's not going well... really far from well in fact!!!

LO LO L LOL. wow is dead with 10 mil subscribers..  Aion, Rift, TerA ???? Cmon even  tetris is better from this 3 games

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

WoW = old engine, everyone fed up with riding dragons with cows that cast spells while watching little panda practicing kungfu.. its dead or soon will.

Eve Online = After the scams and cheating that CCP allowed in EVE, only a minority still plays that crap. Everyone else moved on.

SWTOR = lol. Going f2p before the end of this year.. i bet.

See.. there is a huge window [] for online games, and, guess what, loads of interesting tittles coming soon..

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Originally posted by pongdun

In fact its just a matter of time for Wow to become F2P. If you can't realise that, than, you're silly!!!!

fail troll is fail, no matter what wish was reality, WoW is doing just fine, specially when compared to more recently released games, and even previous ones.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by EduardoASG

WoW = old engine, everyone fed up with riding dragons with cows that cast spells while watching little panda practicing kungfu.. its dead or soon will.

Eve Online = After the scams and cheating that CCP allowed in EVE, only a minority still plays that crap. Everyone else moved on.

See.. there is a huge window [] for online games, and, guess what, loads of interesting tittles coming soon..

Fail, fail , fail. There will be not one good subscription game in this year.

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

WoW - old, crappy grindfest with laughable graphics and a need to pay for it, which is a joke in itself. Wouldn't touch it with a pole even if it was FTP.

SWTOR - a clone of WoW with awful graphics and a very poor looking story mode which is about the only thing that's remotely interesting. Oh, and it destroyed the Star Wars canon forever with crap like the Dread Masters or whatever that was.

EVE - pointless to play if you havent been there on day one.. you'll never catch up. Looks decent though.

Your point? We have no good MMO's on the market right now I'm afraid. LOTRO used to be decent, but recent changes made it too grindy as well.

Hopefully one of the Big Three - GW2, Archeage or TSW - will deliver something worth playing, because MMO's are dead right now.

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Two games that bored me and one that never drew my interesting due to being a WoW-clone.

It's OK OP... tomorrow things begin to change. You're afraid that your comfy trinity based zone is about to be shattered. You know what? You should be afraid. The dragons are coming.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by palulalula

Originally posted by EduardoASG

Fail, fail , fail. There will be not one good subscription game in this year.

Can't say about that... not familiar with the sub-based games coming, no real interest in them. However, there is going to be one great AAA MMO released that has no sub to play and no pay to win elements to it.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

There's always room for something that attracts enough people to sustain it. Even if I don't like that particular game, it serves a purpose and, if nothng else, can serve to keep the "holy trinity" working on keeping or attracting people to their game. Seems like everybody wins when there are more options available. 

So if I am to take the question seriously, I would say yes, we certainly need more games on the market.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Of course we need more.

The list has NO super hero MMOs. DCUO filles the gap nicely. STO is also a much better PvE game than Eve.

Plus, variety is always good. I can't imagine playing just 3 games for the rest of my life.