Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Amnesia - The Water Monster

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This week Pokket takes a break from your traditional game to go back and play Amnesia. Being a fan of scary movies, she found this game enjoyable and the plot interesting... however, her encounters with the water monster (the Kaernk) are not ones to forget. Check out Game Face: Amnesia - The Water Monster.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DicksOnFireDicksOnFire Member UncommonPosts: 3

Seriously, I hated these things soooo much. Why is something that you can't even see so scary? Argh. Loved this game though.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

dident this game come out a long time ago o.o or this this a new update

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Next on game face: mario party - shake it up!

Not directed at pokket or anything, but there's so many mmos released or soon to be released that the mmorpg.com staff likely has access to, like Diablo 3, GW2, TERA, SWTOR, you'd think that each day of the week it would be no sweat to have some sort of new vid up for them (not by the same person obviously). 

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Maybe she's only now had the nerve to play it? :)

• Nightfall31Nightfall31 Member Posts: 9

Really MMORPG????

This is the best you can do? An outdated, non mmo, played rather poorly????????

When there are so many new/iinteresting MMO's playable now and in the future?

In the words of this player in the video............OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

(wipes nose) OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG....

Imo, horrible waste of space...............Now let me guess, this will get the hammer?

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Relax, folks.  Hillary's video column is hers to do with as she pleases.  Like it states: it's a break in the MMO talk for something she thought you guys might enjoy.  I'm sure next week we'll be back to TERA/SWTOR/GW2/TSW talk.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I never got past the water monster part in this game, I just got too damn nervous. I pretty much knew when I bought the game I wouldn't get far in it, but Frictional Games deserves to be supported.

• LiltawenLiltawen Member UncommonPosts: 245

When she was streaming this she got up to 450 viewers at times.

Some one on Pokket's stream  dared her to play it so she did.

I think the Water Monster was even scarier then the zombie because you could at least see the zombie.

Great stream.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    This was something funny that Pokket chose to share with us, think we may like it.  I am not familiar with the game, and it is a new mob for me.  The invisible, untouchable damage dealer.  Maybe some MMO will incorporate the idea.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I can't play games like these >.< they make me too jumpy. Just watching videos of it I can barely hande.

Smile

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Amnesia is such an amazing game :)
  • BlackghostXBlackghostX Member UncommonPosts: 2

Originally posted by Nightfall31

Really MMORPG????

This is the best you can do? An outdated, non mmo, played rather poorly????????

When there are so many new/iinteresting MMO's playable now and in the future?

In the words of this player in the video............OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

(wipes nose) OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG....

Imo, horrible waste of space...............Now let me guess, this will get the hammer?

He's right though..

And who's that girl?

MMORPG.COM , you could seriously do better.

• PokketPokket Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by Liltawen

When she was streaming this she got up to 450 viewers at times.

Some one on Pokket's stream  dared her to play it so she did.

I think the Water Monster was even scarier then the zombie because you could at least see the zombie.

Great stream.

The water monster was pretty darn scary because I had no idea what was going on at first lol But then I went into the... [SPOILERS]...

... the blood mist filled room and when I found I couldn't outrun the zombies I nearly had a panic attack @_@ lol Amnesia is a lot of fun.

I will likely be changing videos up from time to time... Delving into games I never imagined playing... but thanks to my stream's chatroom I am now going to be playing :3

Youtube: PokketProductions | Twitter: @Pokketsays | Facebook: Pokketsays
  • CuhltonCuhlton Member Posts: 6
    NO ONE BEATS PEWDIEPIE :D.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I loved this game, but it was nearly traumatic, I can't play this part anymore lol
  • TenebrionTenebrion Member Posts: 179
    There are no sarlaacs in Amnesia.

Content Writer for RTSGuru.com
    And overall bitter old man.

• liadzliadz Member Posts: 35

Guys, take it easy. I'm ok with some variety once in a while, even more if it's a great game like Amnesia.

• JianeiJianei Member Posts: 1
    LOL! She had me thinking I was playing the game!! XD