Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta client officially ready to download :D

1234568»

Comments

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Originally posted by FearTHeFro

Originally posted by monarc333

Any fix for slow download speed? or is it just me getting this.

Nope, me too. It gets so slow that it stops. Not sure what the issue is.

im getting around 100 kb/s when my internet can do way more, like 5x that.

Same here. I'm tempted to just leave it and see in the morning. But the fact that its stuck at 6% bothers me. It should be downloading just fine.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Mine downloaded completely with no problem by using the link that someone provided doing a simple google search :-)

There Is Always Hope!

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I grabbed my client before the rush, but even then I think the downloader under-reported the DL speeds. So, I'm sure things are sluggish under demand this evening, but you still may be getting better speeds than indicated.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I got the Email - can't DL.  O well, still 2 days until I have to have it.

• frispfrisp Member UncommonPosts: 30

Any fix for slow download speed? or is it just me getting this.

Nope, me too. It gets so slow that it stops. Not sure what the issue is.

im getting around 100 kb/s when my internet can do way more, like 5x that.

Same here. I'm tempted to just leave it and see in the morning. But the fact that its stuck at 6% bothers me. It should be downloading just fine.

Check your resource monitor. The downloader reports incorrectly. You are normally connected to 2-3 servers. It will only report the speed of one, not your total download speed for the client :P

regards

frisp

• FearTHeFroFearTHeFro Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by fiontar

I grabbed my client before the rush, but even then I think the downloader under-reported the DL speeds. So, I'm sure things are sluggish under demand this evening, but you still may be getting better speeds than indicated.

yes it does seem like it is downloading faster than it says in the speed when I watch the speeds move, so that makes sense.

My last question is when you exit out of the installer should you still be getting your previous downloaded amount shown on screen? I was at 500 mb downloaded and exited out because I wanted to wait until tonight, and it went back down to 0. My files remaining stayed the same but the amount downloaded went to 0 -.-. I have everything on one folder called guild wars 2 beta with the .dat file showing 500 mb, but its not registering when i open up the downloader. This is just a bug or what?

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

yes it does seem like it is downloading faster than it says in the speed when I watch the speeds move, so that makes sense.

My last question is when you exit out of the installer should you still be getting your previous downloaded amount shown on screen? I was at 500 mb downloaded and exited out because I wanted to wait until tonight, and it went back down to 0. My files remaining stayed the same but the amount downloaded went to 0 -.-. I have everything on one folder called guild wars 2 beta with the .dat file showing 500 mb, but its not registering when i open up the downloader. This is just a bug or what?

its not a bug it   isthe same as gw1  it only shows how much is left to download and how many files are left  not the total already downlooaded.

• FearTHeFroFearTHeFro Member UncommonPosts: 76

Originally posted by cloud8521

its not a bug it   isthe same as gw1  it only shows how much is left to download and how many files are left  not the total already downlooaded.

Ok thanks my friend must of been trolling me then because he said it showed how much he had downloaded.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Is just me or you cant resume the download?.  

• wetterfreewetterfree Member UncommonPosts: 22

Originally posted by kanezfan

Originally posted by terrant

I got my email...I and many others are getting the 502 Bad Gateway error though.

I found a link to the client through other sources, using that and it's fine. No I won't divulge. Hopefully they will fix the forums soon.

It's getting hammered.

Or just go here: http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe That's the link given in the forum post they direct you to in that forum post.

That's the legit link to the client.

hahaha i forgot my password....:(

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Originally posted by hikaru77

Fully resumable.  The % complete just resets to 0% if you resume but you start downloading again immediately from where you left off.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by hikaru77

read my post

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

Got the client downloaded and I'm all good to go. Had it done a while back today; thankfully I got in right as it was made available, before everyone and their mother got in. Look forward to seeing you guys in WVW this weekend!

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418

Yes!! Downloading it now. So excited for this weekend!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Mine's a little over halfway downloaded.  I'm going to have to really find things to keep me busy for the next two days.

• brett7018brett7018 Member UncommonPosts: 181

I am guessing that it is ok, but wanted to make sure here.  I preordered within the first few minutes of the announcement for pre-purchasing on April 10th.  I followed their instructions and associated the key they gave me with my GW2 account.

I have still not received an email about the beta.  Is there a problem or are they still sending them out slowly as to avoid a meltdown?

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Originally posted by brett7018

I am guessing that it is ok, but wanted to make sure here.  I preordered within the first few minutes of the announcement for pre-purchasing on April 10th.  I followed their instructions and associated the key they gave me with my GW2 account.

I have still not received an email about the beta.  Is there a problem or are they still sending them out slowly as to avoid a meltdown?

You should've gotten your email by now. Check your spam folder or any alternative email addresses that you may have used.

There are instructions on how to download the client floating around... google cloudfront guildwars2 download for more info on that. Make sure the link comes from "guildwars2.com".

You can verify your account by trying to log into the game client after you download it or try using: https://account.guildwars2.com/login ... but keep in mind that this site is not finished and the download link to the client does not work. All this link will do is let you verify your email and password are registered properly.

You can get support here: http://support.guildwars2.com/

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Originally posted by kanezfan

From Anet's facebook post just now "That's right, we've started sending out emails with instructions for where/how to download the Beta client. Thanks for your patience; happy patching! ~RB2"

Woot

Already downloaded and tried to log in for kicks; I was told my account is all ready but beta event has not started yet :-D

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Originally posted by Vinterkrig
    The download page does nothing for me :

Yeah not sure why they even have a download page since there's nothing on it but an icon that does nothin.
    The actual client and instructions are in the "News and Announcements" section.
  • WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Hmm, you pre-purchased, then made a GW2 forum account yeah? Make sure you are logged into that forum account. Once you are they have a new link, something like "Looking for the GW2 beta client? Look no more" and click that link. If you have windows 7 (for me anyways) it didn't even ask to save, just "run" or "cancel", it auto saved for me so no worries :) Just let it do its thang, hope any of this helps!

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Originally posted by Wolvards

Hmm, you pre-purchased, then made a GW2 forum account yeah? Make sure you are logged into that forum account. Once you are they have a new link, something like "Looking for the GW2 beta client? Look no more" and click that link. If you have windows 7 (for me anyways) it didn't even ask to save, just "run" or "cancel", it auto saved for me so no worries :) Just let it do its thang, hope any of this helps!

ya, purchased, registered and clicked the new thing.. no go though, the link does nothing... 

Hmm, k well ignore their new Beta client is here! thingy...

Down below that is "News and Announcements".

Click it.

Then you get a few choices, First is "Forum code and conduct", don't want that one.

Next is "Getting Started". This is the one you want.

for some reason it put me down to the spanish client download, just scroll up, english is on top, and use that link, i pre-purchased last night, and it's already downloaded for me.

Right under download instructions like 1 paragraph down is the link BTW, if u run windows 7 and it doesn't give a "save" or "save as" But just a "run" or "cancel", just run it as it should auto-save to your computer.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291

Originally posted by Dawnbr3aker

so much readying... but is 

http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

legeit?

yes, it should be, its from the official forums

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Getting-Started/page/1#post23795

this is where ur supposed to get the link.

login and read.. and look Under Download  Instruction 

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~