Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Insane difficulty closing account

CheopisCheopis Member Posts: 4

In order to close my account and prevent future billing, I had to:

Provide all the typical email and password stuff.

THEN I had to tell them the name of my highest level character, what level they were, and select from a dropdown menu what server that was.  The Nox server is not on the list.

THEN I had to dig up the actual date of payment.  Really?

THEN I had to actually scan my friggin driver's license and provide it to these people.

By the time I finished all of this I was expecting to get a email providing me with an address where I would have to go to get a body cavity search performed.  You know, just to make sure it's really me.

Stay away, stay FAR away, until someone over there de-stupids their account handling process.

Comments

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

Sounds like a nightmare. I hate how many companies have made payment and account recovery process so fucking difficult its harder for the legit owner of the account to do anything.

• ZazelbyZazelby Member UncommonPosts: 3

Wakfu, like Dofus (which I've been playing since it opened in 2005), doesn't actually have any sort of auto-payment.  They never bill you automatically, and they don't keep your credit card information on file.  So you don't have to do anything special to "prevent future billing".

As for the driver's license and date of payment, those are required by national law where the company is located (Roubaix, France).  Specifcially, you have to prove your identity with a photo ID in order to be allowed to get information about or make changes to an account - not just for this game, but for any company operating in France.

Ankama has "blonde moments" a-plenty (mostly due to being created and run by artists and computer geeks as opposed to business people), but their identity-verification process is not one of them.  It's not something they can change, at least, not without breaking federal laws.

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

Okies,im having some problems with this company.

i tried to log in just,i cant,nothing works,i try to recover my password and everything goes fine except theres no new password coming in to my e-mail.

now i need to do all those tricks and send photos to them and all that  kind of l weird stuff and i got new password,vov.

now this gets even weirder,when i open my account theres everything OK,my e-mail is like it should be and all,question is,why didnt they send me a new password?

now im trying to close my account completely but i cant ,because they are asking info from myself that they didnt ask when i created my account,phonenumber for example ,and i cannot delete my account if i dont give it to them.

Made in France.

Let's internet