Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions for a Beta Tester:::: Post your questions here

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Post your questions here, so some beta testers on this forum, can look into it over the weekend, just in case the question you wanted the answer to, wasnt covered by players.

This just gives testers a heads up on what some members would be looking for details on, (if the tester mind looking into it ofc)

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

[mod edit]

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

have ranger pet AI been tweeked better since last beta weekend?

are rangers more viable for 5v5 pvp then was last shown?

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Through regular gameplay, how fast were you gaining influence/hour? In other words: without focusing on maximizing influence/hour gain, how fast were you gaining it?

• V-L-A-DV-L-A-D Member Posts: 50

The e-mail I recieved was written in 3 languages: English, French and German. In inglish it says that beta starts at Friday noon and ends Sunday noon, but in the other two it says that it starts Friday 21:00 (GMT+1) and ends Monday 09:00 (GMT+1). Does that mean that Europeans will have 12 more hours to play the beta? Does that mean that there will be siparated timezones for Europe and America?

Sorry for bad English. :)

• ErindalErindal Member UncommonPosts: 54

21:00 is 9pm, 9:00 is 9am. 

should visit your school more often I guess... 

timezones? no? didn't hear? 

also... how you do 21-12 and get 12 hours?

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Post your questions here, so some beta testers on this forum, can look into it over the weekend, just in case the question you wanted the answer to, wasnt covered by players.

Not one of those commas belongs in that sentence. It's really painful for me to read.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

[mod edit]

Please think twice before you say something about other person because here you have a very big mistake. I know what is pm and what is am, just I wrote in 24h because its more easy to count. And I counted the time very right:

America => start Friday noon and end Sunday noon => 2 days exactly = 24h*2=48h

Europe => start Friday 21:00 and end monday 09:00 => 2 full days (Saturday + Sunday) + 3h from Friday + 9h from Monday = 24h*2+3h+9h=60h

So we got America 48h and Europe 60h => 60h-48h=12h

Also you need to read the rules of this site and learn to respect other people.

I still hope that someone is going to answer my question. Does the Europe got 12h more for the beta testing?

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

No, it runs from friday noon till sunday 11:59 PM, aka, 1 minute before midnight. 60 hours, well 59h and 59m to be exact. AM is before noon and PM after that.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by V-L-A-D

Originally posted by Erindal

Please think twice before you say something about other person because here you have a very big mistake. I know what is pm and what is am, just I wrote in 24h because its more easy to count. And I counted the time very right:

Europe => start Friday 21:00 and end monday 09:00 => 2 full days (Saturday + Sunday) + 3h from Friday + 9h from Monday = 24h*2+3h+9h=60h

I still hope that someone is going to answer my question. Does the Europe got 12h more for the beta testing?

uhhhhhhh

Colored text should be: easier

Who was talking about school?

lol

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by nomss

uhhhhhhh

Colored text should be: easier

Who was talking about school?

lol

THAT'S what made you react? Jeez.

Vlad, America's beta testing ends at 11:59 PM. Which is 23:59 in the 24 hour format, not 11:59. So no. We all get 60 hours.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

@nomss I'm Russian and I don't know English very well, but I was talking about maths and not the language. ;)

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Beta tester if you see any recycle area or building, post picture in this forum.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Originally posted by xmenty

Beta tester if you see any recycle area or building, post picture in this forum.

That would be cool if they had somewhere you could throw out old gear and it would be recycled into something new.

• AlbredAlbred Member UncommonPosts: 48

Good start here so far.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

The e-mail I recieved was written in 3 languages: English, French and German. In inglish it says that beta starts at Friday noon and ends Sunday noon, but in the other two it says that it starts Friday 21:00 (GMT+1) and ends Monday 09:00 (GMT+1). Does that mean that Europeans will have 12 more hours to play the beta? Does that mean that there will be siparated timezones for Europe and America?

America's beta doesn't end at noon on sunday; it ends at midnight.  11:59pm = 1 minute before midnight.  Everyone gets 2 days, 12 hours.  

• ErindalErindal Member UncommonPosts: 54

Does that mean that there will be siparated timezones for Europe and America?

this statement made me think that you have no idea about timezones at all. and can't do any math. 

then you tried to recover from the fail presenting it like you have the idea and you counted it right but failed again.

because you counted the wrong thing for no particular reason (like you misread when beta ends in US and that leaded to miscounting). 

then you still insisted that you counted it right but that was that damn bad engrish that failed you. 

so instead of switching your fails from one to another you would better tell how "siparated timezones" work... and wtf is this, so we can answer your original question. 

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

"The Beta Weekend Event will end Sunday, April 29, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT -7)."

We all get the same amount of time.

OK guys thanks! xD so I didn't understood right about the ending of US beta, really sorry for this annoying post. But @Erindal I can't understand what the hell are you doing on a community if you can't be friendly with other people. You just could simply answer like all others did and not saying any s**t about me or anyone else, or you just could stay silence. And what a big shame for you to be member since 2006 and have 29 posts.

• Originally posted by xmenty

I'm not sure I'm understanding this - are you looking for duplicated art?  Or for recycling centers?

My question - are Collectors in the game like GW1?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

OK guys thanks! xD so I didn't understood right about the ending of US beta, really sorry for this annoying post. But @Erindal I can't understand what the hell are you doing on a community if you can't be friendly with other people. You just could simply answer like all others did and not saying any s**t about me or anyone else, or you just could stay silence. And what a big shame for you to be member since 2006 and have 29 posts.

You just learned what the ignore button can be used for.  image

Good luck and I hope you have a ton of fun in the beta this weekend.  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Originally posted by OldManFunk

That would be cool if they had somewhere you could throw out old gear and it would be recycled into something new.

Lol, what I meant is that one of a Beta tester cannot find any recycle of a same interior design in a building on GW2 city.

Every storey of a building consist of different interior design and npc.

So I was wondering whether is it true or false.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• ElifiaElifia Member Posts: 78

Does that mean that there will be siparated timezones for Europe and America?
    this statement made me think that you have no idea about timezones at all. and can't do any math. 
    then you tried to recover from the fail presenting it like you have the idea and you counted it right but failed again.
    because you counted the wrong thing for no particular reason (like you misread when beta ends in US and that leaded to miscounting). 
    then you still insisted that you counted it right but that was that damn bad engrish that failed you. 
    so instead of switching your fails from one to another you would better tell how "siparated timezones" work... and wtf is this, so we can answer your original question. 

1:

engrish

2: Stop starting all your sentences with lower-case letters, especially if you are using dots between them. It's annoying.

3: He's foreign, he doesn't need to have perfect English.

4: He was pretty clear with his question and already had it answered by MikkelB. Don't blame him for your inability to read the question right. He also didn't count improperly, he just counted the wrong thing.

5: Stop being such a jerk.

PS: I hope Muphry's Law won't get me back for this.

"I'll lead, you follow."

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by ellobo29

have ranger pet AI been tweeked better since last beta weekend?

are rangers more viable for 5v5 pvp then was last shown?

I will be trying to make a full test on the pets in PVE, I plan to test as many as I can find and go to WvW to test ones I cannot. As of the stress test some pets worked and others didnt which in my mind means they were working on it. Also pet AI wasn't listed in the known issues.. so lets hope they fixed it!

I wont be making an indepth DPS review or anything but I do intend on testing every pet to see if any are still not working.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Delvie

I'm not sure I'm understanding this - are you looking for duplicated art?  Or for recycling centers?

My question - are Collectors in the game like GW1?

xmenty wants(i THINK) to know if they are recycling buildings and hills and such.. I think it was a FF game that was famous for its recycled rocks and hills.

I think I can answer your question Delvie, pretty sure no.. the trophies are vendor, salvage or items used in crafting.