Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Final Thoughts Before Launch

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MMORPG.com pleased to have partnered with En Masse Entertainment to bring our readers this exclusive developer diary from Senior Producer Brian Knox. In it, Brian talks about the final days before the official launch of TERA on May 1st. Keep reading!

En Masse is not a publisher with millions of dollars or thousands of employees. We are less than one hundred strong, equipped with the desire to succeed and the talent to achieve. We all relished the challenge, believed in TERA as a product, and set out on a path to make our dream a reality. We were challenged with doing what hasn’t been done before—successfully bring a triple-A Korean MMO to the Western market.

Read more of Brian Knox's TERA: Final Thoughts.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I wish En Masse all the luck in the world. So far the level of service I have seen from has been very good. If they keep doing what they have been doing TERA will be successful. My copy is preordered and I also counting down the days with you!

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Is there a Lifetime Subscription for this game anyone?

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Why can't they be the publisher for EU as well... yhy i must endure Frogster?

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

There customer service was really excellent. I wish the company the best of luck, but perhaps it may not be needed because Tera truly is an enjoyable game to play. They actually listen to their customers, not the whining but actual concerns and ideas are taken into consideration. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us 6 months down the line or even a year.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by Kehdar

You can play either version of the game. If I lived in EU I would have played at least 1 of the US betas to see how the game played and if it played well I would play the US Version instead. You still have this weekend to try out the US Version.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I congratulate Enmasse for the job they have done to localize the game to the western market.  It is the first time it has been done on this scale.  It is rather hard to say how this game will be recieved by the western market.  It did not do well in the Korean market, perhaps that is an indication it might do well here.

Hopefully they have slowed down the leveling process, I know it was only a matter of a few weeks in the Korean version to hit end cap.   If that occurs in the western version, this game will be free to play by the end of summer.   There is just not enough content to keep people paying a subscription.

I wish them well, but I think some of us are going to pass on this game.  Hope those that do play it have fun.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

I thought the game was fun.  The graphic choices do not suit my preferences.  I personally do not find the game to be worth $15 a month for me, but I would probably actively play if it was a F2P model like LoTR or Aion.

Originally posted by Mannish

You can play either version of the game. If I lived in EU I would have played at least 1 of the US betas to see how the game played and if it played well I would play the US Version instead. You still have this weekend to try out the US Version.

I tryed some betas in the US unfortunately 200/250ms ping is not acceptable for me, the game does a nice job to mask the high ping but you notice it when you need to dodge fast.

Moreover I preordered a boxed CE version alraedy and i'm playing with a group of friends, i higly doubt they'll accept to move in the US. 

I'm pretty much bounded to that bunch of chimps of frogster.

• MoonBeansMoonBeans Member Posts: 173

Originally posted by Mannish

I tryed some betas in the US unfortunately 200/250ms ping is not acceptable for me, the game does a nice job to mask the high ping but you notice it when you need to dodge fast.

Moreover I preordered a boxed CE version alraedy and i'm playing with a group of friends, i higly doubt they'll accept to move in the US. 

I'm pretty much bounded to that bunch of chimps of frogster.

that s exactly the same reason, i have no alternative but staying with frogster, so i feel your pain brother.

• darkbamydarkbamy Member UncommonPosts: 111

just because of frogster and all im just not gonna buy this one...i know there will be mods made to get rid of all the censor....but yet..since the game failed in japan AND korea then its kidna clear to me the game is doing something wrong

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

What most publisher lose in transition is live events.

Sure we ocassionaly get "double XP", "hallowen drop loli" but nothing lifes up to the real Korean live event's full with GMs and random boss spawn on your head, turning the server up and down.

I'm still not convinced EME lives up to that.

Yeah and then came frogster for the EU, trolololol. -,-

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

En Masse is one of my favorite companys. They respond to tickets extremely profesionally and quick! I look forward to playing Tera and future games they publish. It is now thier job to keep us happy and with a product like Tera it wont be hard. I am truly in love with this game. It has been a long time since a game gave me "the feeling". Berserker class is the kind of action playstyle i could only have ever dreamed of. It is truly one of my favorite melees in a game. Ever. Period.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Originally posted by Ausare

I thought the game was fun.  The graphic choices do not suit my preferences.  I personally do not find the game to be worth $15 a month for me, but I would probably actively play if it was a F2P model like LoTR or Aion.

is not 15 a month, but 13.

• CzelawCzelaw Member UncommonPosts: 173

• Monthly Subscription: $14.99 

• 3-month Subscription: $35.85 ($11.95/month  = 20% discount)

• 6-month Subscription: $59.70 ($9.95/month = 34% discount)

• Yearly Subscription: $107.40 ($8.95/month = 40% discount)

heres the sub price list....@MoonBeans

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Are frogster like the new goa?

Originally posted by Czelaw

heres the sub price list....@MoonBeans

is that dollars or euros?

• coldcut333coldcut333 Member Posts: 86

Preordered and really excited to get started,the combat is amazing!

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Are frogster like the new goa?

I never had to deal with GOA. But at Frogster they look lazy, disorganized and blatantly incompetent to me.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Congratulations EME, I will be playing on EU, but I can only hope Frogster adopts the same attitude towards TERA as you have.

For the first time I believe a Korean MMO has a chance in the west.

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

I know that price is pretty standard, for subscription MMO's these days, but with the movement to Free2Play/Microstransactions, and AAA title subscription free games like GW2, I'm finding the $15 US per month pretty hard to swallow.

Once upon a time, it would be a no brainer to plonk down my $15 for a month of playtime with TERA... now days, I can't justify that cost, with so many other games of similar quality, out there for me to play instead.

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

"To that, I say don’t judge us on our size and our budgets,"

Like that worked so well for EA, with SW:ToR.

"but instead judge us on our skill and ability to react to your needs as a player."

Like on how fast you cave to the vocal minority, and nerf things into oblivion?

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

My experience was enjoyable and if I could justify spending the money on the game and a sub I would certainly do it.

The combat was fun and challenging, the graphics were at par with any modern game. The only negative for me was the questing, but that is an aspect that I can over look if the rest of the game delivers.

I am holding out for TSW and GW2. One for the pvp without a sub, and the other for the challenge of the questing. I hope that the "thinking" part of TSW will give me some entertaining obstacles to overcome.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I didnt play the OB because I thought they were doing a wipe!

Now its going to be even harder to play on a Pvp server D:

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

I know that price is pretty standard, for subscription MMO's these days, but with the movement to Free2Play/Microstransactions, and AAA title subscription free games like GW2, I'm finding the $15 US per month pretty hard to swallow.

Once upon a time, it would be a no brainer to plonk down my $15 for a month of playtime with TERA... now days, I can't justify that cost, with so many other games of similar quality, out there for me to play instead.

My feelings exactly.

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146

I found the game not to my liking but I wish them well. The more choices we have the better.