Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG you seen this Diablo 3 MOVIE??

Comments

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Love it! BArbarian FTW.

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

Have yet to see anything impressive form Diablo 3.... I think I will stick with Path of Exile... It is a superior product.

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by NeoZcar2

Have yet to see anything impressive form Diablo 3.... I think I will stick with Path of Exile... It is a superior product.

+1

• LazerChickenLazerChicken Member Posts: 29

You obviously don't understand the graetness and potential of Diablo 3 dear sir.

PoE is great but it sadly lacks alot compare do D3.

I have my fears so they don't have me.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

+2

• HexipoxHexipox Member UncommonPosts: 241

Originally posted by LazerChicken

You obviously don't understand the graetness and potential of Diablo 3 dear sir.

+3

I went to check out PoE .. hmm? its in beta and so i cannot test it out ... too bad for them :)

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Came to thread, hoping for a new Blizzard trailer with Leah.

Was disappointed. :(

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I liked this Witch Doctor video better. image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI9Ek_yLNEM

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Path of exile is a diablo style game meaning hackn slash . Its main differences from D3 from what i understand is that it offers an mmorpg world like all other mmo's while d3 offers just the chance to meet online with few ppl and party with them just to queqe for arenas  or do some pve right?

Also from what i read in Path of exile site the classes are deeper and offfer more freedom to players in what we call build your character than the usual lately tactic of Blizzard to guide your character's proggress, while in POE there is much more freedom from what beta testers say. Thats also a huge+ for POE comapared to D3.

Originally posted by tazarconan

Path of exile is a diablo style game meaning hackn slash . Its main differences from D3 from what i understand is that it offers an mmorpg world like all other mmo's while d3 offers just the chance to meet online with few ppl and party with them just to queqe for arenas  or do some pve right?

Also from what i read in Path of exile site the classes are deeper and offfer more freedom to players in what we call build your character than the usual lately tactic of Blizzard to guide your character's proggress, while in POE there is much more freedom from what beta testers say. Thats also a huge+ for POE comapared to D3.

Yeah... saw the videos, visited the site... still getting Diablo 3.

Funny thing is I don't need to go to POE's forums and try to sway anyone from playing it.  I'm comfortable with both games.  I'll probably try POE as well.

You kids should learn to play nicer, and make POE's community look friendlier, or get the hell off my lawn!

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

I like Diablo 3 and I played that part, but what amazing about this video? o.O

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Originally posted by BartDaCat

Funny thing is I don't need to go to POE's forums and try to sway anyone from playing it.  I'm comfortable with both games.  I'll probably try POE as well.

You kids should learn to play nicer, and make POE's community look friendlier, or get the hell of my lawn!

+1

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Hexipox

Originally posted by LazerChicken

+3

- infinity (no returns!)

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

wow. that looked terribly boring.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

You kids should learn to play nicer, and make POE's community look friendlier, or get the hell of my lawn!

I'm a fan of PoE, and I agree with this completely. Seriously guys, stop trolling every single D3 thread with PoE comparisons and whatnot. Both games have their pros and cons and there's nothing wrong with liking and playing both of them.

its cool to be haters today..

...and all this time... none of you poked fun at me for misspelling "off" in "get the hell of my lawn!"...  I love you guys.

...and all this time... none of you poked fun at me for misspelling "off" in "get the hell of my lawn!"...  I love you guys.

lol english much?, l2 f00king spell !!!!!!!! gramma_P0lizeee!

/joke :)

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Having not paid much attention to hack n' slash games for a long time, I'll say that all the "x game is so much better" comments have really introduced me to a lot of games I wasn't aware of. I'm getting D3 and have enjoyed the stress test thus far, but now I have a handful of other games, already released or in development, that have also captured my interest. So, whether other posters are citing these games and bashing D3, it all has a net positive effect for me. :)

So far, I've read about: Torchlight 1 and 2, Path of Exiles, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest + Xpac, and Lineage Eternal. I probably missed some others, but really, neat to have the choices and plenty of room for them to exist together (especially given the lower price tag of some of them).

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

Originally posted by Hexipox

lol english much?, l2 f00king spell !!!!!!!! gramma_P0lizeee!

/joke :)

LOL!  I know, right?

I'm seriously stoked about getting past the Skeleton King and getting to see the rest of the damned game.

• derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265

Clearing this PoE vs. D3 bs right now.

Im in both betas, played both betas all the way through multiple times. Guess which one got deleted first off my hdd?

............PATH OF EXILE.

Shit was so boring. Diablo 3 actually had me playing more. NO this isn't biased. I'm a fan of D2 and that's what made me want to check out PoE, it has some very promising aspects but their just banking off of D2's success and it's not THAT great at all. Then again, I can't speak for the finish product. But from the beta it was worse than playing D3 for me. The only thing it had on it was difficulty. But we haven't even seen D3's harder modes.

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

Same i cant wait, just hard to pick a class!!! ill go wizard im sure =)

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Played PoE and D3 a lot already and I like stuff about both, but D3 is the far superior product.  PoE lacks far too much right now.  The skill tree is cool, but it is almost all passives.  The real cool thing about it is the ability to morph a class into multiple different play styles.  The games lacks in solid active skills. 

I will likely play both, but PoE is far away from completion and it will depend on its F2P model.  I don't have the highest of hopes for it.  Honestly Grim Dawn may be a better old school throwback.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by mklinic

Having not paid much attention to hack n' slash games for a long time, I'll say that all the "x game is so much better" comments have really introduced me to a lot of games I wasn't aware of. I'm getting D3 and have enjoyed the stress test thus far, but now I have a handful of other games, already released or in development, that have also captured my interest. So, whether other posters are citing these games and bashing D3, it all has a net positive effect for me. :)

So far, I've read about: Torchlight 1 and 2, Path of Exiles, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest + Xpac, and Lineage Eternal. I probably missed some others, but really, neat to have the choices and plenty of room for them to exist together (especially given the lower price tag of some of them).

Yeah, same here. I was actually dissapointed in D3 but... I keep frequenting the forum mainly because people keep listing all the other games I hadn't heard about. Now I'm not so bumbed about D3, I have a list of other games to fill that game slot :)

Maybe MMORPG.com needs to do for the Hack n' Slash genre what they did for FPS and RTS, HnS Guru :P

So while some will complain, I say thank you!