Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grim Dawn: Kickstarter video gameplay

MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

It looks awesome! OMG I feel so cheated since i paid for D3 lol. Seriosuly though, just look at this. It looks 1000x better than Diablo 3! Gameplay looks so smooth too. :)

Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59bxW1MdHl4

Help Support Grim Dawn @ http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn 

Help Support Grim Dawn - ?

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Yep looks like it will be alot of fun,

Grim Dawn is being made by some of the same people that made Titan quest which I still play and feel had alot more depth then D1 or D2. Hopefully those that aren't happy with D3 will back Grim Dawn on kickstarters for a better game.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

That looks nice

• Salio69Salio69 Member CommonPosts: 428

looks like crap.

• RoqocoRoqoco Member Posts: 22

I like the look of this too, my first  supported kickstarter project. 

I think kickstarter is a great way for indie developers to make games that are in the same ball park as those made by the larger companies. Large companies may have more resources, but they also tend to drag their feet owing to internal politics and other things - viz Blizzard with Diablo 3 that's been in development for a decade.

Also Grim Dawn looks like its designed for it's fan base rather than the general public who, the large companies assume, have trouble finding their computer's on/off switch, never mind playing a game with some challenge in it. 

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by Roqoco

I like the look of this too, my first  supported kickstarter project. 

I think kickstarter is a great way for indie developers to make games that are in the same ball park as those made by the larger companies. Large companies may have more resources, but they also tend to drag their feet owing to internal politics and other things - viz Blizzard with Diablo 3 that's been in development for a decade.

Also Grim Dawn looks like its designed for it's fan base rather than the general public who, the large companies assume, have trouble finding their computer's on/off switch, never mind playing a game with some challenge in it. 

I really liked their previous game, Titanquest myself. I liked that they were including mod building tools as well. I would much rather back these guys than give money to certain over hyped games as well.

Originally posted by catlana I really liked their previous game, Titanquest myself. I liked that they were including mod building tools as well. I would much rather back these guys than give money to certain over hyped games as well.

Yes - mod tools are a major plus. Perhaps the second pillar for future Indie games: i.e. crowd funding + mod tools could lead to all sorts of interesting games that leverage limited funding in the best way.

I also like the fact that they haven't been tempted to go F2P with micro transactions - but are are selling the base product plus planned paid DLC expansions. IMHOP F2P is either going to be pay to win, or if the devs are able to avoid that, they tend to have to compromise the gameplay in some way (e.g. limited storage, large items) in order to get you into the cash shop. Plus F2P games aren't going to welcome modders who might compromise cash shop sales.

Arthur Bruno (GD's designer) has a lot of really interesting things to say about game design, which I thoroughly agree with.  

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553

I don't get the gamer craze over hack and slash...it is uber repetitive over what even MMO's offer.  How can people enjoy such repetition??

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

The game looks cool, but damn... 360p as max video resolution?

Originally posted by Kehdar

The game looks cool, but damn... 360p as max video resolution?

Not sure where you got this curious piece of non information :). GD is likely to support all coomon resolutions (Titan Quest was very flexible in this respect and GD engine is based on TQ) and there's some talk on the site about 2/3 monitor set ups. No way is anyone going to release a premium game in 2012 with max 360p resolution. 

• satire3rdsatire3rd Member Posts: 16

I think the poster is refering to the size of the YouTube video, not the size of the game window.

• NeoZcar2NeoZcar2 Member Posts: 136

I do not know much about Grim Dawn yet but there is a game in closed beta right now called Path of Exile. I paid like $10 for a beta acces and 100 store points and in less then 2 hours of gameplay realized that PoE was the real Diablo 3. It is so far superior it isnt even funny. It even feels, plays, looks, and sounds more like a DIablo franchise game then Blizzards POS did.

If you like Grim Dawn you could also check out Path of Exile... I think both of these games could very well be superior to Diablo 3 in every way.

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

It looks awesome! Want it now. Hope it gets an option for party members too.

Not relatated: But.. You're a jaded bitter MMO vet if you read the title of this post as "Grind Dawn".

Originally posted by Normike

It looks awesome! Want it now. Hope it gets an option for party members too.

Not relatated: But.. You're a jaded bitter MMO vet if you read the title of this post as "Grind Dawn".

And also don't read anything special into the fact that Path Of Exile is produced by a company called "Grinding Gear Games".

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

this looks great..loved Titan quest and i like there approach.its kind of wierd paying for a game up front if thats what is suggested.good business model.i have come across this before with a  prog rock band that i like.a group called marillion..i purchase their cd's up front before release to cover the costs of making it.in fact i just pre ordered their latest cd.what i would say is good luck to these guys.there is plenty of potential there.and in the future when i see a bit more i would be willing to put some dosh up front for this..just with all these new mmo's this year its kind of get them paid for first...btw i hope i understood this guy right about putting money in up front.

Originally posted by kevjards

this looks great..loved Titan quest and i like there approach.its kind of wierd paying for a game up front if thats what is suggested.good business model.i have come across this before with a  prog rock band that i like.a group called marillion..i purchase their cd's up front before release to cover the costs of making it.in fact i just pre ordered their latest cd.what i would say is good luck to these guys.there is plenty of potential there.and in the future when i see a bit more i would be willing to put some dosh up front for this..just with all these new mmo's this year its kind of get them paid for first...btw i hope i understood this guy right about putting money in up front.

Yes - But, of course you don't have to put the money up front, you will still be able to buy the game on release in the normal way. However, if you do want to support the game you might look at the GD kickstarter: 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn

The logic of all this is that in a video games market that is increasingly risk averse and aimed towards mass market sales, we the fans get to fund the kind of games we would like to see.

Also see the crowd funding sticky thread in this forum section.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I loved Titan Quest. THis has made me want to re-instal my steam version. Grim Dawn looks pretty good to me. I am going to be so poor from Kickstarters I may start my own to get more money to help contribute to other kickstarters.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by Roqoco

Originally posted by kevjards

Yes - But, of course you don't have to put the money up front, you will still be able to buy the game on release in the normal way. However, if you do want to support the game you might look at the GD kickstarter: 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn

The logic of all this is that in a video games market that is increasingly risk averse and aimed towards mass market sales, we the fans get to fund the kind of games we would like to see.

Also see the crowd funding sticky thread in this forum section.

thanks m8 will take another look.