Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight 2: Now Available for PrePurchase on Steam

Comments

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by slicknslim88

This game will beat out D3 just you wait and see.  T2 has the talent behind Diablo 2 behind it, and talent beats out money any day of the week.

Well, that's really pushing the odds, but my money is only going to TL2.  I like the game, I like the developers.  Looking forward to seeing it this summer.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Myrdynn

damm only 4 classes when is a game going to at least match TQ and dont say Grim, they only have 5 classes i think

TQ.  Now that's a game that never received the recognition it deserved.  I've still got it loaded up on my drive -- TQ:IT that is.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

This game will beat out D3 just you wait and see.  T2 has the talent behind Diablo 2 behind it, and talent beats out money any day of the week.

That's hilarious.  The  Torchlight games are just tech demos to make money while they build their MMO.  I'm sure there will eventually be so good mods but that's about it.  I may try it when I get sick of D3.

TL2 could of made a dent if it released last November.  At this point they're not going to be much competition for D3 unless D3 is terrible.

you are the king of herpia derpia in this thread tech demo :) lol herpia derpia king, lack of info much lulz

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Pre-purchased. 

Thanks for the link.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

UGH! *flail* I want this but with that "This summer" release date, even at $20, I don't know how much time I'll get to play it. I'm still clinging to hope that GW2 will be out by that time as well. I guess I'll wait :(

Lol, if you already have the first game you should wait anyways, no need tp preorder until you have a date unless you get a special offer (which in this case is TL1).

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167

I'm confused ... TL2  is only $20 and D3 is $60+?  I thought they were games that would be directly competing with each other?

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

That's hilarious.  The  Torchlight games are just tech demos to make money while they build their MMO.  I'm sure there will eventually be so good mods but that's about it.  I may try it when I get sick of D3.

TL2 could of made a dent if it released last November.  At this point they're not going to be much competition for D3 unless D3 is terrible.

Oh but dear, from everything that seen D3 IS terrible and diablo-in-the-name-only. :)

I'd rather play a competent TL2 than rmt-driven online-only single-player world of warcraft :)

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by Yuui

Oh but dear, from everything that seen D3 IS terrible and diablo-in-the-name-only. :)

I'd rather play a competent TL2 than rmt-driven online-only single-player world of warcraft :)

ITS BLIZZARD, MAN! ALL GAMES THEY MAKE IZ WORLD OF WARCRAFT!

Seriously....

Anyway, Im skeptical. The last release window they gave was september last year. Nothing since then and now its "Summer"? I hope its soon, but Im holding on to my money 'till its set in stone.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

If they would launch now , i would buy it instead of Diablo 3. Or if they at least let us into beta if we prepurchase ....

But they wont.

So why prepurchase ?

You will basically have same price, the moment game launches - but also from their own site  without Steam forced on you

• LazerChickenLazerChicken Member Posts: 29

I did play TL1 and rly enjoy it. I will probably get TL2.

Anyone has any info about multiplayer ? Will it be open/close like old B.net ? I think game have potential but I am concerned about editing save to add atribiutes and/or items cuz it will pretty much destroy game in for everyone.

Are they going to support some multiplayer servers ? or it will be LAN only ?

I have my fears so they don't have me.

• AzureblazeAzureblaze Member UncommonPosts: 130

Not too sure about the multiplayer options for connectivity. However, it is on Steam so one could assume you could at the very least play it through Steam with your friends.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

WoW, 20 dollars that's cheap. I will buy it then :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Arguably the original (that you get thrown in for free) is worth the $20 bucks.  I certainly got that much entertainment out of it even though I do tend to tire of ARPgs pretty quickly.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Nice this price tag is more like it and no silly real money auction system.. same cartoon graphics and thats a same.. I will probally pick this up and carry on playing path of exile as well :) I think D3 is now out fo the windows as its just too expensive here in the uk

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835

Maybe it's just me but I don't like the idea of cell type graphics in this style of game.  Cell graphics have their strong points, and thus appropriate style games (mostly those wishing to emulate comic books) but aside from making it open to wider audience (less GPU intensive) I just don't see the draw this game has over similar games in the Genre.  Personally I like what I am seeing from LE much more than this or D3.  Just my two won.

I do realize these probably aren't true cell GFX but I can't help but get that feel when I see it in action.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by LazerChicken

I did play TL1 and rly enjoy it. I will probably get TL2.

Anyone has any info about multiplayer ? Will it be open/close like old B.net ? I think game have potential but I am concerned about editing save to add atribiutes and/or items cuz it will pretty much destroy game in for everyone.

Are they going to support some multiplayer servers ? or it will be LAN only ?

LAN is there.

AS well as multiplay servers.

game is capable of being modded to allow of hundreds of players co-op :)

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• LazerChickenLazerChicken Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by Caldrin

Nice this price tag is more like it and no silly real money auction system.. same cartoon graphics and thats a same.. I will probally pick this up and carry on playing path of exile as well :) I think D3 is now out fo the windows as its just too expensive here in the uk

How much is D3 in UK then ? and what are prices for other games in your country.

You can buy this game in Poland for about 35 GBP wich is normal pricetag for PC game, its even lower than most of PS3/XBOX games. 

I honeslty thought games in Poland are overpriced but as i can see we have somehow cheaper games here lol.

Sadlly I have to disagree that D3 is out of window, this game has lot more playerbase than TL or/and PoE. I just hope that TL2 gonna have adlest half of the support that Blizz gonna have for D3 or it will die as fast as the first part ;/.

WOOOHAAAA for MP servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tho i tghink it is a good sign and maybe TL will find its proper place on the market

I have my fears so they don't have me.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Runic had screwed the pooch big time.

Launching after D3.

People will pop 60$-80$ for D3 because its comming before and its hyped.

Basically there is no much difference between two games.

So why to put 20$ more for sameish game ? Because they got bored with D3 ?

If anything when people get bored with D3 they will buy GW2

I am not saying T2 will not be good.

But bad timing will kill 80% of their potential buyers

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Runic had screwed the pooch big time.

Launching after D3.

People will pop 60$-80$ for D3 because its comming before and its hyped.

Basically there is no much difference between two games.

So why to put 20$ more for sameish game ? Because they got bored with D3 ?

If anything when people get bored with D3 they will buy GW2

I am not saying T2 will not be good.

But bad timing will kill 80% of their potential buyers

I wouldnt say that! Look at secret world ! Its out and who plays that shit? no one!

• urbanmonkeyurbanmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 134

Originally posted by adam_nox

guess they ran out of money

This.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Never argue with idiots. They are immune to logic.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Originally posted by LazerChicken

Originally posted by Caldrin

How much is D3 in UK then ? and what are prices for other games in your country.

You can buy this game in Poland for about 35 GBP wich is normal pricetag for PC game, its even lower than most of PS3/XBOX games. 

I honeslty thought games in Poland are overpriced but as i can see we have somehow cheaper games here lol.

Sadlly I have to disagree that D3 is out of window, this game has lot more playerbase than TL or/and PoE. I just hope that TL2 gonna have adlest half of the support that Blizz gonna have for D3 or it will die as fast as the first part ;/.

WOOOHAAAA for MP servers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tho i tghink it is a good sign and maybe TL will find its proper place on the market

If you pre-order from blizzard its £45... you can get it cheaper on amazon and its a much better price £27 and i was gonna pre-order it until i played Path of Exile lol and realised POE is what D3 should be :) not saying D3 is bad i did have fun over the beta weekend im just not a fan of cartoon graphics..

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

Originally posted by wrightstuf

holy cow, i havent played torchlight, but from the screens, the artwork looks identical to WoW. I see it also plays just like Diablo.

I've seen games that were clones of a game, but this is the first time i've seen a clone of 2 games! lol. They should rename it "World of Diablocraft"

I'll prob pick it up for 20 bucks tho, if the reviews are favorable once it goes live.

It's done by ex Blizzard North guys who actually made Diablo 1 and 2...as opposed to the team working on Diablo 3.  So in a way it's more Diablo than Diablo :P 

• calranthecalranthe Member UncommonPosts: 359

I have not bought a blizzard game since wow.

D1/D2 you could play it offline and spawn legal copies for those in your house and friends to play with you, sadly the days of blizzard being by gamers for gamers is gone.

Torchlight is an excellent game with full SDK for mods and developement offline play, lan play, Torchlight 2 is going to be awesome.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    If there is no closed servers the multiplayer will be crap.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by urbanmonkey

Originally posted by adam_nox

guess they ran out of money

This.

Diablo 3 pre-purchase was available March 15th...

Guess Blizzard ran out of money.

Derp.