Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan Quest > D3?

TheDubanat0rTheDubanat0r Member Posts: 76

I just got Titan Quest and after playing the D3 beta it seems Titan Quest has everything D3 has and it even looks better. The skill tress are immense and the game is fully voiced. Titan Quest came out how many years ago? and it can stand toe to toe with D3. Whats that say about D3.

Comments

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

If you like Titan Quest, give Path of Exile a go :)

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

For Western Click to Move Grindfests, Path of Exile looks like it is the best option, mainly due to the skill tree and pvp league systems.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

i prefer torchlight to titan quest

combat feels right (like diablo 2)

got more replayability with the random maps

d3 I don't know, I will reserve judgement until i've had a go on it.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

@ op

Yup. TQ is good. but Path of Exile is even better :)

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Originally posted by TheDubanat0r

I just got Titan Quest and after playing the D3 beta it seems Titan Quest has everything D3 has and it even looks better. The skill tress are immense and the game is fully voiced. Titan Quest came out how many years ago? and it can stand toe to toe with D3. Whats that say about D3.

persistent characters, online play (are there still any TQ games goin??? lol), RMAH, support, a functioning company, and a future.

That being said. I love TQIT as well. :)

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Just a heads up since i see so many people talking about PoE. Both Path of Exile and Grim Dawn have people From Iron Lore, moreso on Grim Dawn. Iron Lore made Titans Quest and it's expansion. And did you really need to make a post in Diable 3 forums about how much better a game is. I guess your not satisfied just knowing, you have to make sure everyone else knows to? Well hate to burst your bubble, but I'm sure people have made up there minds by now which game is what. We after all, are humans and do have a thought process, just saying.......

• kanedaAkanedaA Member Posts: 66

i dunno about titan quest but Lineage eternal and path of exile certainly will

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Originally posted by mackdawg19

Just a heads up since i see so many people talking about PoE. Both Path of Exile and Grim Dawn have people From Iron Lore, moreso on Grim Dawn. Iron Lore made Titans Quest and it's expansion. And did you really need to make a post in Diable 3 forums about how much better a game is. I guess your not satisfied just knowing, you have to make sure everyone else knows to? Well hate to burst your bubble, but I'm sure people have made up there minds by now which game is what. We after all, are humans and do have a thought process, just saying.......

humans are sheep, there is no throught process other than to do what you're told...except the black sheep, but thats another story for a never day

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Titan Quest was good as a single player game the first time through.  I never really bothered with the multiplayer functionality.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I played both and I prefer TQ over D3 by a wide margin. I've also played almost every mod in the TQVault database so I can definitely say that TQ has a truckload of replayability to it, as well as a pretty decent (albeit somewhat clunky) set of modding tools.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by spikers14

persistent characters, online play (are there still any TQ games goin??? lol), RMAH, support, a functioning company, and a future.

That being said. I love TQIT as well. :)

Not sure if you were asking for the TQ original game specifically, but as far as TQIT goes, there's still hundreds of people that play it online. I was just on earlier this morning (probably the opposite of peak times for the US playerbase at least), and there was about 180-200 people. During peak times that's probably about double.

All in all, it's pretty impressive, especially for an ARPG that came out in '06. I'm planning to start playing it pretty actively, at least until PoE is released.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Came expecting a discusion about Titan quest and Diablo...

Arrived with a discusison about Path of Exile Vs Diablo.  (srsly OP, I'd complain about users trying to de-rail your discussion)

Path of Exile is awful,  it seriously doesnt compete with either Titan Quest 'Immortal Throne' or Diablo 3.    Its more on the level of Torchlight.   Which imo was just a joke, a studio that had some spare time to make a quick hack n slash.

---

TQ Vs D3

This is tough since we've only seen 1% of diablo,  I do agree though TQ is awesome!  The class combinations alone are mindboggling,  the vast amount of items (you dont even realise how many items there are until you download TQCollector.

And yes, the graphics on TQ do seem better than D3,  although I dont think the animations and the effects are quite as good.

Then of course there is TQ's biggest problem,  client side items.  This makes duping and modding easy, you wont see this in D3 and when you do find rare items in d3 it will be a lot more exciting than in TQ.. esp since you can sell items for real money.

Diablo is Diablo though,  its a phenomena, a historical game that will set new records,  I was never part of the Diablo 2 history making and Im sure as hell not going to miss out this time.

• RabbiFangRabbiFang Member Posts: 149

Originally posted by sadeyx

Diablo is Diablo though,  its a phenomena, a historical game that will set new records,  I was never part of the Diablo 2 history making and Im sure as hell not going to miss out this time.

I literally couldn't agree more. This is exactly my stance on it.

Arrived with a discusison about Path of Exile Vs Diablo.  (srsly OP, I'd complain about users trying to de-rail your discussion)

Path of Exile is awful,  it seriously doesnt compete with either Titan Quest 'Immortal Throne' or Diablo 3.    Its more on the level of Torchlight.   Which imo was just a joke, a studio that had some spare time to make a quick hack n slash.

---

TQ Vs D3

This is tough since we've only seen 1% of diablo,  I do agree though TQ is awesome!  The class combinations alone are mindboggling,  the vast amount of items (you dont even realise how many items there are until you download TQCollector.

And yes, the graphics on TQ do seem better than D3,  although I dont think the animations and the effects are quite as good.

Then of course there is TQ's biggest problem,  client side items.  This makes duping and modding easy, you wont see this in D3 and when you do find rare items in d3 it will be a lot more exciting than in TQ.. esp since you can sell items for real money.

At the risk of de-railing it even further, what exactly makes PoE awful compared to the others? It's pointless saying sh*t like that without giving any reasoning behind it.

So what makes the game seem so terrible for you?

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164

None of these crappy D2/3 clones are even fit to be discussed in the same forum. Why don't you post in the forums for those games? Oh yeah, because they're ghost towns...

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

Felt the need to chime in on this one as well....having played the PoE beta a bit, I dont see how anyone is forming a solid opinion of it. It got about 4-6 hours worth of content before you are bumped to the next dificulty, and even in the 3rd I had yet to even get close to dying. Its a unfinished product, with no concrete release date, so I would have to say its no competition.

Dont get me wrong, the entire time I was playing PoE I couldnt help say "this is probably alot closer to what everyone expected out of a diablo sequel", but that was more atmosphere than anything else. I truly hope PoE is a contender when its done, but its too early to tell. Just like its way too early to make a judgement on Diablo 3, all we have seen is Act 1 Chapter 1 on normal difficulty.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

TQ is still the best hacky/slashy out there, as far as I'm concerned.  Loads of fun and still pretty to look at, even today.  I won't try to compare it with D3 since I haven't played the latter (nor will I), but not even D2, which I played the holy hell out of, gave me anywhere near the same replayability as TQ -- and it was all solo.  I didn't multi it once since none of my friends played it.  If they had, my time spent in the game would have been even more absurd.

Exile is looking pretty sweet though.  Maybe once it's out, it will dethrone TQ.  For me, nothing else stands a chance.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

I could never get into Titan's Quest, because an action game needs to have violence and blood.  It's one of the things that sells me on those types of games.  The makers of TQ are working on this promisng game though:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• Titan Quest never really managed to draw me in. I liked Diablo 2 and Torchlight better.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Originally posted by alacres

---

TQ Vs D3

At the risk of de-railing it even further, what exactly makes PoE awful compared to the others? It's pointless saying sh*t like that without giving any reasoning behind it.

I can answer that one...

PoE has ugly graphics, just varying shades of red and grey. It has no story at all or if it had one, it was so shallow, i missed it altogether. The towns and npcs are lackluster at best, with no character at all. the monster fighting was 97% crabs and didnt change much from 1 zone to the next. bosses were just bigger crabs.

I bought a beta key for 5 bucks. worst 5 bucks i've ever spent. It would of been much better spent on hot pockets and a can of red bull to enjoy while i played the D3 beta.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I could never get into Titan Quest, it just never drew me in. I'm looking at Grim Dawn and PoE as the real successors.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

This is unfortunately true. The makers of Titan Quest are making Grim Dawn. :)

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Originally posted by alacres

---

TQ Vs D3

I can answer that one...

PoE has ugly graphics, just varying shades of red and grey. It has no story at all or if it had one, it was so shallow, i missed it altogether. The towns and npcs are lackluster at best, with no character at all. the monster fighting was 97% crabs and didnt change much from 1 zone to the next. bosses were just bigger crabs.

I bought a beta key for 5 bucks. worst 5 bucks i've ever spent. It would of been much better spent on hot pockets and a can of red bull to enjoy while i played the D3 beta.

You giving me your subjective opinion about something doesn't answer my question. Personally, I greatly prefer the art style of PoE to D3, because I like grittier over cartoon-ish. As for the story, they're are still working on a lot of stuff, but from what I've seen I disagree with your point on this too. The game is still in closed beta stage, and they're working with a much more limited funding, so naturally there are some things they still need to work on.

So yeah, all things considered, I still fail to see what's so much cripplingly worse about PoE. You might not personally like the style of it, among other things, but that doesn't make it "awful" compared to the others. People need to get over themselves and realize that their opinion isn't the gospel.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

In light of the highly subjective nature of this thread, I'll throw my virtual weight around.

D3 > TQ

Titan's Quest is a horrid game, it has none of the charm of the Diablo universe. Therefore Diablo 3 , even the small percentage we've seen, is miles ahead of the Titans Quest in every aspect.

Yes .....  that is what the thread amounts to.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    TQ is a very solid filler game when you are sick of D2 and most likely D3.  I had more fun with TL combat than TQ but TQ has much more replayability and depth to TL.  TL2 may surpass TQ though once the mods come out.