Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight 2: Now Available for PrePurchase on Steam

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Torchlight 2 is now available for prepurchase via Steam. The prepurchase price comes in at $19.99 and includes a copy of the original Torchlight. According to the Steam page, Torchlight 2 will arrive this summer.

Preorder yours on the Torchlight 2 Steam page.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Ahh finally!!! 

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

Steam says Pre-purchase, not pre-order.

• logicwarlogicwar Member UncommonPosts: 69

Originally posted by romanator0

with D3 so close they want to sell what they can right now.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

tyvm, also looks like you get Torchlight 1 for free to play now =D

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

This game will beat out D3 just you wait and see.  T2 has the talent behind Diablo 2 behind it, and talent beats out money any day of the week.

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

Originally posted by logicwar

Originally posted by romanator0

with D3 so close they want to sell what they can right now.

Agree. Many people (like me) are going to play both games... I'll support Runic Games but D3 comes first in my list. I'll probably get it for christmas, depending how much time I have left.

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

holy cow, i havent played torchlight, but from the screens, the artwork looks identical to WoW. I see it also plays just like Diablo.

I've seen games that were clones of a game, but this is the first time i've seen a clone of 2 games! lol. They should rename it "World of Diablocraft"

I'll prob pick it up for 20 bucks tho, if the reviews are favorable once it goes live.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Gotta say I was much more impressed with Torchlight 1 than I am with what I've seen from D3 so far.

Never ending dungeon at the end, properly randomed areas.. I hope they have those in T2 as well. If T1 had been multiplayer it would already be much much better than D3.

T2 could well be the new leader of the A-RPG.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • mesmerisemesmerise Member UncommonPosts: 200

I just bought TL1 less than a month ago and is the game that I am currently enjoying.  However, I am hoping that they add more stuff for pre-order or pre-purchase before the game goes live.  They should know that most of the people who are going to pre-purchase probably liked the first game in the series, so giving them it again is not really useful.  Gifting the game is fine but without a multiplayer component to play with friends it may not be that helpful or appreciated.  It is one of the few steampunk games to come out in recent years so it will definitely be a purchase for me.

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Originally posted by Vannor

T2 could well be the new leader of the A-RPG.

What i didn't like about TL1 was the lack of multiplayer, with TL2 they are going to add it, but still I'll prefer D3 since i doubt they'll have server side characters.

Client side saves can be edited, not to menton some mods are like cheats. And once cheats are around the multiplayer aspect loses all charm for me.

If they'll add server side character, it will be a hard choosing between one of the two :)

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

What's with all this pre-purchase nonsense.. wake me when I can actually play it.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

the prepurchase option is mostly for people who dident play torchlight 1 to be able to pick both up at 20$

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I'll buy it when D3 gets old for me. I absolutely support Runic Games 100%, but since I just preordered the D3 collector's edition, I'm a bit short on cash...

That, and I want an actual release date as well. It was originally supposed to release 'before the end of 2011', but we all know how that turned out. I don't want to prepurchase now and end up having to wait until the end of the year or longer.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by slicknslim88

This game will beat out D3 just you wait and see.  T2 has the talent behind Diablo 2 behind it, and talent beats out money any day of the week.

You forget also to mention MODS-OFFLINE-LAN and no bullshit battlenet plus no AH with real money TL2 beat the crap out of D3 on all fronts nomatter if people choose the EVIL EMPIRE BLIZZARD game or not its just so much more disered game for all its freedom.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

it says on steam that its coming out this summer im realy surprised that they made there moved so close to when diablo was getting rdy to ship out

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

guess they ran out of money

• daydreamerxxdaydreamerxx Member UncommonPosts: 178

runic games is owned by Perfect World. I highly doubt they ran out of money. The game has been in development for sometime. They are putting it on steam now for 2 reasons. The game is pretty much finished and they want to bring in some early cash . Plus they want to give people the chance who didn't play Torchlight 1 to get both games for 20 bucks. 

The game looks like an extremely polished TL1 with a bunch of new features. The world Size of Torchlight 2 is pretty impressive as well. 

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

UGH! *flail* I want this but with that "This summer" release date, even at $20, I don't know how much time I'll get to play it. I'm still clinging to hope that GW2 will be out by that time as well. I guess I'll wait :(

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

While the Diablo style games aren't my style, they can be fun for a while. I played the Original Torchlight and had a good time. I got enough hours out of it to look forward to torchlight 2

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Pre-purchased and ready to go!

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

Originally posted by slicknslim88

That's hilarious.  The  Torchlight games are just tech demos to make money while they build their MMO.  I'm sure there will eventually be so good mods but that's about it.  I may try it when I get sick of D3.

TL2 could of made a dent if it released last November.  At this point they're not going to be much competition for D3 unless D3 is terrible.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Get both or get D3.

No contest there.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

damm only 4 classes when is a game going to at least match TQ and dont say Grim, they only have 5 classes i think

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

I'm afraid that you can only pre-order it off $team, is this true? Google says so. This really sucks if true. I figured that you could actually buy it directly from the devs but so far you cannot.

Still on the fence about D3 but if T2 is a $team-only game then that will make my decision much easier (I can only stomach one Hack&Slash at a time). I cannot explain why i will never buy from $team again because I will get banned from here and I'm trying to be a good boy!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.