Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Movement issues: Hitching, stalled rental horses

KorgborgKorgborg Member UncommonPosts: 116

What is up with the hitching and sticking in Bree and other areas? Also some ability delay, which I've been tolerating.

It's not just lag.

I dread going in Bree sometimes. Thorins Hall is better but it's still annoying.

This seems to coincide with the Anniversary event and seems to be getting worse each day.

Twice within 3 minutes my rental horse stalled from Thorenhad to Ecad Candeleth.

Oh they iz gonna pay me ma 45 silver!!

They are probably working on it but I don't care, and at this rate I won't be around to see a resolution.

If this keeps up then somebody will be able to "haz my stuff"

If you cut it too short you can always nail a piece on the end.

If you cut it too long then what the hell are you gonna do?

Comments

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

I've had issues with mild hitching, particularly when starting from login, or teleporting into a new area, but it's usually gone once I look around for the first time.  And nothing like you had while riding.

I guess what I'm saying is that, compared to, say, WoW, this game does have hitching issues from my experience.  But I've never had anything to your extreme, even during this anniversary.

Allz I can say is it's usually quelled/exaggerated by your system hard drive.  Folks with SSD's will probably hardly ever notice, while others with single platter 5400 laptop drives will probably try to grate their face off with the keyboard.

The stalled rental horses... I gotta wonder if that's a separate issue.  Do you ping ok when this happens?  Is that indicator enabled when you play?

• KorgborgKorgborg Member UncommonPosts: 116

Devs need to fix this now.  It makes the game sort of unplayable.

Anyone considering playing this should consider another game, at least for now.

I wouldn't reccommend spending a dime in their shop, I know I won't again, at least for now.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?454833-Stable-Mounts-Issue-and-Stuttering-Hitching-issues/page13

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

200 posts is pretty significant, especially if they hadn't had issues before U6.  Sumpin' funky is goin' on there...

Appreciate your response but no, not my system. Issue is new with a recent update and shared by a lot of people.

Replies I've gotten on regional in game is that it's simply not a high priority issue with the devs. It is well known.

See link :D

Well didn't Redmond, WA  pioneer the technique of questioning the endusers configuration first?

Then drowning them in a sequence of questions only a software engineer could answer?

Blame it on the enduser!       PEBKAC lmao!

I'd like to coin some new acronyms. Please feel free to help...

PEBDE  Problem exists between developers ears

LADIE  Lazy Ass Developers Irritate Enduser

Your turn... :D

Originally posted by Robsolf

200 posts is pretty significant, especially if they hadn't had issues before U6.  Sumpin' funky is goin' on there...

This  ^^

:D