Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ3

VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Has anyone come across any news from this game?

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

It's called EQ Next. Theres plenty of news about it.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    I am hearing rumors that its going to be on console as well. Can anybody source this rumor?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Got any link's? when I google it I only find old news like 1-3 years old.

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591

Originally posted by Panther2103

It's called EQ Next. Theres plenty of news about it.

If a couple screens of concept art and knowing that Planetside2 will be using the same engine is considered "plenty" then yes.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

EQ3 claims that it will not be a EverQuest 2.5 or WoW 2. It's claiming to go "Virtual World". I was excited at first. However, I don't see how anything can be "deep", "complex", and "grand" if it's also going to be played on xBox 360 / PS3.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

There has been no new about this game since 2010 SoE Fan Faire. It's still being developed but very secretively, even EQ and EQ2 developers aren't privy to any information about the game outside of it existing they said.

The reason people know it's still in development is because some developers from other SoE games said they left to go to the EQNext team.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Originally posted by mmoDAD

However, I don't see how anything can be "deep", "complex", and "grand" if it's also going to be played on xBox 360 / PS3.

I don't think they confirmed anything about PS3, but I tend to agree, if it's PS3 compatible I won't play it, I'm not playing with people who don't use keyboards, it's horrible to play with people who can't even type anything.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by CalmOceans

However, I don't see how anything can be "deep", "complex", and "grand" if it's also going to be played on xBox 360 / PS3.

I don't think they confirmed anything about PS3, but I tend to agree, if it's PS3 compatible I won't play it, I'm not playing with people who don't use keyboards, it's horrible to play with people who can't even type anything.

IMO it's also terrible trying to play a game designed for console controllers with a keyboard & mouse. I'm looking at you, FFXI.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361

plus pc players are going to enjoy a lazy-port .....that gonna suck both in gameplay and "keyboard+mouse" controls....

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

There has been no new about this game since 2010 SoE Fan Faire.

there has been some news but not much

last year, it was hinted to Eurogamer that it may come to consoles

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-14-sony-hints-at-everquest-3-on-ps3

at 2011 Fanfaire, it was revealed it will be using the same mmo engine as planetside 2

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111555-EverQuest-Next-and-Planetside-2-To-Use-New-Forge-Light-Engine

planetside 2 alpha footage

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-alpha-planetside-2/728575

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

Here is a compilation of most of the scraps of information so far:

http://eq2wire.com/category/eqnext/

This is THE game that is on my radar. I really hope they do as good as a job as they have with both EQ & EQ2.  

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

EQ3 claims that it will not be a EverQuest 2.5 or WoW 2. It's claiming to go "Virtual World". I was excited at first. However, I don't see how anything can be "deep", "complex", and "grand" if it's also going to be played on xBox 360 / PS3.

I'd say if Skyrim were an MMORPG, it would be considered all those things.  I don't think we've seen an MMORPG that matches the scope of that game.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

EQ3 / Next = SOE 

SOE = freemium  

freemium = me not interested

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Zarriya

Here is a compilation of most of the scraps of information so far:

http://eq2wire.com/category/eqnext/

This is THE game that is on my radar. I really hope they do as good as a job as they have with both EQ & EQ2.  

The same people did not/are not making all 3 titles, different team for each one.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I'd say if Skyrim were an MMORPG, it would be considered all those things.  I don't think we've seen an MMORPG that matches the scope of that game.

Are you joking? Nearly all MMO's have more scope than a single player game that when your finished your finished.I like Skyrim but havn't played it since december and probably never will play it again.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Kyleran

The same people did not/are not making all 3 titles, different team for each one.

I dont know much about the EQ3 team

but they moved the two Lead programmers from both EQ (Steve Klug) and EQ2 (Greg Spence) over to EQNext

http://blog.gregsplace.com/2012/02/moving-on-to-next-great-thing.html

I know the former EQ1 lead programmer is different from 14 years ago heh

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Except SoE already developed a console MMORPG that was deep, complex and grand, and that was for the ps2.  I would think their experience with that will help them here.

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

I'm getting good vibes about this one.