Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A company I would really love to see make an MMO

hazyhazy Member UncommonPosts: 89

Valve.

I love them, they make fantastic games! I love their humor, I love their creativity, I love their business style. I truly feel if anybody could turn the genre on it's head it's Valve, and a handful of other companies but Valve would surely be my top pick.  I wonder if I will ever see the day.

Btw in case anyone was wondering why I would post something so random its because I just beat Portal 1 (finally!) and like every other Valve game I've ever played it was amazing and I loved it. Seriously anyone who has never played it it took me a total of 2 hours to beat and is now among my list of "best games I've ever played". The best part for me was its hilarity, I laughed out loud a lot during this game, so great.

Anyways if you guys agree/disagree or have a company you would like to bring up feel free, would be waste to make a whole thread just so I could spout my desires and not let anyone else get a turn ;)

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Bioware.

And then they did it, but to do it they joined EA, and that was the beginning of the end.

Bethesda.

Not going to do it, it seems, but maybe thats all for the better.

Obsidian

Frankly I'm a bit puzzled about what the frak they're doing right now, havent heard anything from them in ages.

• ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by hazy

Valve.

I love them, they make fantastic games! I love their humor, I love their creativity, I love their business style. I truly feel if anybody could turn the genre on it's head it's Valve, and a handful of other companies but Valve would surely be my top pick.  I wonder if I will ever see the day.

Btw in case anyone was wondering why I would post something so random its because I just beat Portal 1 (finally!) and like every other Valve game I've ever played it was amazing and I loved it. Seriously anyone who has never played it it took me a total of 2 hours to beat and is now among my list of "best games I've ever played". The best part for me was its hilarity, I laughed out loud a lot during this game, so great.

Anyways if you guys agree/disagree or have a company you would like to bring up feel free, would be waste to make a whole thread just so I could spout my desires and not let anyone else get a turn ;)

I agree with the OP that Valve are a good company, IMO they one of a few decent companies left,

There are very few small studios nowadays, they all get bought up & closed by the larger greedy

evil goliaths such as  EA, Activision, SoE, etc...

It would be interesting to see another (lesser evil) company actually produce a game worth

paying for AND that they can make money too, everyones happy, sounds great, but unrealistic

these days as most companies want to produce the least amount of work for maximum profits.

...what happend to games made by gamers for gamers :(

The Deathstar destroyed planets...Lucas Arts destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Played:
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I think valve is too smart to gamble away a crapload of money in the mmo market.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Vanillaware.

~melt~

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Adamantine

Obsidian

Frankly I'm a bit puzzled about what the frak they're doing right now, havent heard anything from them in ages.

They're making the southpark RPG at present, at least last I heard, they also have a hand in the reemergence of the Wasteland RPG IP.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• hazyhazy Member UncommonPosts: 89

Originally posted by dubyahite

I think valve is too smart to gamble away a crapload of money in the mmo market.

Yeah this is probably the main reason it will never happen, but hey maybe its for the best. I would hate for them to make one and have it suck thats for sure.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Bioware.

And then they did it, but to do it they joined EA, and that was the beginning of the end.

Bethesda.

Obsidian

I would emntion it :)

people wanted to bioware made a mmo, then they did :), huge fail.

bethesda prevented the fallout online of r areason, possible we will see one, and from what I know from bethesta will be crap load of bugs, exploits and whatever cheap way to do things, it also will crash a lot :p

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

Old school Black Isle.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Disney/Alton Towers
  • CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Slight issue with Valve is that the MMO that use their engine are always hacked since everyone knows the source engine through and through by now.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

They already are: Goblinworks is making Pathfinder Online! I hope it finishes.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

EA

/sarcasm off

/wish they would die in a bad fire

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Cyberconnect2 and Bandai

I want a .Hack MMO :(

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Bethesda.

Really?  You don't think they will?

I keep reading rumors of a looming announcement, but of course... they're just rumors.  Lot of good that does me.

I'd LOVE to see it happen though.... just sayin'

• Loser60Loser60 Member Posts: 170

Valve. Too bad they are smart and won't gamble a large sum of money on an mmorpg.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

I would love to see MMORPG.com forumites make an MMO.

..Well, attempt to make, anyway.  What can I say?  I like to laugh.

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by Khaeros

Well, it would certainly not be lacking in the "dramatic themes" department.

Instead of "Content Updates" with new bosses or battlegrounds, we'd have "New Game Announcements", "Pending Release Dates", and "Beta Event Announcements".

In place of "Factions", we'd have "Game Forums" poplated by "Fans".

Rather than rely on "Game Master Generated Events", we could have "Marketing Shills" come in and stir up animosities.

In place of events like SW:TOR's "Rhakghoul Plague" or WoW's "Corrupted Blood", we could introduce "Hype" and "Trolls".

Then on occasion, a "Marketing Shill" could plant a "Hype" or "Troll" post into the various "Game Forum" communities, and watch as "Fans" turn rabid, froth at the mouth, and tear each other limb from limb, beating each other to death with bloody stumps.

I'd pay to watch that...

...He-e-e-e-eeeeey... wait a minute...

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

• Bethesda

they are always about the gamers. They give us so much content for a mere $60; seeing a MMO from them would be amazing. I heard they are doing one. Only time can tell.

• Valve

Valve could possibly pull off an mmo, they do have enough resources. History would stun off others though. Could see a dry spell for content (Hint* HL:3).

• Bungie

Very hesitant here, they are enslaved by blizz-ivision. So the possibilty of this is extremely slim. I think they could pull it off though. They already have a good community base who would follow them to hell and back. That's enough of a niche to play an MMO title and bring in others.

• Epic games

yep.

Originally posted by BartDaCat

Originally posted by Khaeros

Well, it would certainly not be lacking in the "dramatic themes" department.

Instead of "Content Updates" with new bosses or battlegrounds, we'd have "New Game Announcements", "Pending Release Dates", and "Beta Event Announcements".

In place of "Factions", we'd have "Game Forums" poplated by "Fans".

Rather than rely on "Game Master Generated Events", we could have "Marketing Shills" come in and stir up animosities.

In place of events like SW:TOR's "Rhakghoul Plague" or WoW's "Corrupted Blood", we could introduce "Hype" and "Trolls".

Then on occasion, a "Marketing Shill" could plant a "Hype" or "Troll" post into the various "Game Forum" communities, and watch as "Fans" turn rabid, froth at the mouth, and tear each other limb from limb, beating each other into death with bloody stumps.

I'd pay to watch that...

...He-e-e-e-eeeeey... wait a minute...

This is the reason kickstarter was made.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

NASA

Ultimate micro tuning space simulator mech sandbox robots RPG cyberpunk game ,please please

Let's internet

• hazyhazy Member UncommonPosts: 89

Originally posted by ForumPvP

NASA

Ultimate micro tuning space simulator mech sandbox robots RPG cyberpunk game ,please please

Funny you should mention that, NASA actually working on an mmo NASA MMO

• ukforzeukforze Member Posts: 331

Originally posted by Dewm

EA 

/sarcasm off

/wish they would die in a bad fire

LOL m8 as do many gamers.

I would even resist the tempation to p**s on them, as it would only shorten their pain.

The Deathstar destroyed planets...Lucas Arts destroyed Galaxies

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Played:
    SWG | EVE | WOW | VG | LOTRO | WAR | FML | STO | APB | AOC | MORTAL | WOT | BP | SW:TOR

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

Old Mythic ;'(!!!!

Wheres my DAoC 2 !

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• MarLMarL Member UncommonPosts: 606

s2games

Own, Mine, Defend, Attack, 24/7

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Google.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by Rivalen

Old school Black Isle.

They went bankrupt ? And reformed to do Obsidian.