Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

download speed

2»

Comments

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

35kb/s ill be here for awhile, 8 hours = 21% lol

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

Originally posted by sanshi44

Im going at 70-80 kb/s thats why i made that question lol

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Not seeing any progress for download, just sits there at 0 %. Anyone else having this problem if so how or what do i need to do to get it started.  Anyone ?

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by Elsabolts

Not seeing any progress for download, just sits there at 0 %. Anyone else having this problem if so how or what do i need to do to get it started.  Anyone ?

Check UAC on Windows Vista or higher, any firewall and try to run GW2.exe as admin. One of these or a combination should do the trick for you.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Originally posted by Killing91
    If i stop the download will i be able to pick it up where i left it or do i have to start from the beginning again?

Yes.
    But don't be alarmed the progress bar starts always from 0 to 100 even when resuming since it only accounts for the remaining data not the overall progress.
    But you can see from the amount of files left as well as the .dat file in your Game folder how far you are overall.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Originally posted by IPolygon

Originally posted by Elsabolts

Check UAC on Windows Vista or higher, any firewall and try to run GW2.exe as admin. One of these or a combination should do the trick for you.

Its downloading now Thank you IPolygon

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • NinjakuchenNinjakuchen Member Posts: 2

To get correct download speeds, you could always make a shortcut to the gw2.exe and add -image as a command line parameter.

The Shortcut should then look like this:

"[Your Guild Wars 2 Path]gw2.exe" -image

That patcher (which looks exactly like the Guild Wars Patcher) gives you the correct download speeds.

• Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

Try monitoring the launcher with a program like netbalancer or any other monitoring tool. The speed listed in the launcher doesn't represent the full speed, because you are downloading files from different servers. The launcher only lists one of several files being downloaded simultaneously. You could do some math after the download has finished.

Yeah cheers for that. I download netbalancer and it shows my true speed. Okay it is only about 345 kb's but my internet isn't fast and it's a lot better than the 106 kb's the guild wars 2 launcher shows.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

downloading at 2.30MB/sec atm

• Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

Originally posted by Kidon

Now that just makes me jealous lol. Wish I had super fast internet but I can't because of my location. 

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I've been downloading for just about an hour and at 950Kbps or so, it just topped 50%. Slower connections will have longer obviously but unless it's VERY slow, you will get there with plenty of time to spare.

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

Originally posted by Masta22

Originally posted by Kidon

Now that just makes me jealous lol. Wish I had super fast internet but I can't because of my location. 

same here. loading with 350 k/sec :(

/whine

• AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

Took 3 hours, with cable internet

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by Killing91

Originally posted by sanshi44

Im going at 70-80 kb/s thats why i made that question lol

Mine been getting faster as more people finish downloading, started about 2 hour ago i was 50kbs/s an hour ago was 75kb and now it 90-100kb/s

Wish australia had cable connection : ( ADSL 2 isnt that fast but best we can get here atm.

• MangaMaidenMangaMaiden Member Posts: 180

Has taken an hour to get to 20% and at 300kb/sec. Will probably slow down in the next hour or two as more people wake up and log on XD

• CavemanBECavemanBE Member UncommonPosts: 78

Now that was fast 16 min :)

Like tera was about 24 hours lol.

Ready for this :p

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

when i log into mi beta acc. i clik on aacount then press download client it say (not avaliable) it been for a full day already ...am i doing somthing wrong or just need to wait more longer?

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

lol i was d/loading at 170/kbs .now thats low,but its installed now so not bothered.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Originally posted by redcap036

Anyone know how big the download is, I heard it was around 25gb

Right now, you need ~15 gigs of free space.

Edit: Brain is faster than hands.

ok thanks IPolygon

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Peaked 2.86, whop whop!

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by timtrack

Peaked 2.86, whop whop!

Under normal circumstances that would mean that you are downloading at 8.58 Mb/s (because the launcher is showing the wrong speed), which is absolutely insane.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by Alot

Peaked 2.86, whop whop!

Under normal circumstances that would mean that you are downloading at 8.58 Mb/s (because the launcher is showing the wrong speed), which is absolutely insane.

Seems about right. The "Downloading: " counter is incrementing way faster then 2-3 MB/s.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

My GW2 folder is 12,7 GB.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by andre369

My GW2 folder is 12,7 GB.

The 12.7 as stated is correct for the beta. Remember we wont have access to the entire game as the Asura and Sylvari race are not playable and  nor is there starting areas. 25 GB will be the full retail give or take. 

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Alot

Peaked 2.86, whop whop!

Seems about right. The "Downloading: " counter is incrementing way faster then 2-3 MB/s.

Alot is envious of your Buddha-blessed internet.