Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the second i knew i would love gw2

Comments

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

Originally posted by Zezda

Originally posted by koljane

I like the part of NC Soft that left NC Soft..... gues i like them :D

Again and again, I am not calling GW2 bad game, just they way they are presenting it and how they play mind games with the community. 

I have bad exp with them in the past and I don`t want to be fooled again. What is bad in that?

I might picked up their games in the proces of writing but again that is my personal opinion and I like to share it with community.

I am maybe not informed as you are but I stand behind the things that happened to me and what i felt, that is the honest aproach.

Look at what is in the game.

Forget the developers.

Praise the game on it's merits. Criticize it on it's flaws.

If you like it, play it. If you don't like it then don't buy it. If you want more informtion to help you decide or think you might be wrong about something then ask for others to help clarify things for you.

Personally I've read pretty much everything that has ever been released regarding GW2 and I know enough to know that this has not been done by a different game in the past. I know enough to know that this game is going to be very different from the previous games that have been through the hype > fail cycle. I know enough about the game to know I love the core gameplay mechanics and the way the systems and features work. I know enough to know I like it enough to spend money on it.

I totaly agree with you.

But as I said, to convince me to buy it you need to let me try it. I just dont belive in the marketing stuns, trailers and youtube videos. 

When you let me try it then i ll know if I want to play it. 

Hope there will be free trial weekend cause I am open minded and I realy want something different then WOW or WOW clones.

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

Again and again, I am not calling GW2 bad game, just they way they are presenting it and how they play mind games with the community. 

I have bad exp with them in the past and I don`t want to be fooled again. What is bad in that?

I might picked up their games in the proces of writing but again that is my personal opinion and I like to share it with community.

I am maybe not informed as you are but I stand behind the things that happened to me and what i felt, that is the honest aproach.

Look at what is in the game.

Forget the developers.

Praise the game on it's merits. Criticize it on it's flaws.

If you like it, play it. If you don't like it then don't buy it. If you want more informtion to help you decide or think you might be wrong about something then ask for others to help clarify things for you.

Personally I've read pretty much everything that has ever been released regarding GW2 and I know enough to know that this has not been done by a different game in the past. I know enough to know that this game is going to be very different from the previous games that have been through the hype > fail cycle. I know enough about the game to know I love the core gameplay mechanics and the way the systems and features work. I know enough to know I like it enough to spend money on it.

I totaly agree with you.

But as I said, to convince me to buy it you need to let me try it. I just dont belive in the marketing stuns, trailers and youtube videos. 

When you let me try it then i ll know if I want to play it. 

Hope there will be free trial weekend cause I am open minded and I realy want something different then WOW or WOW clones.

There are no plans to have an Open Beta for GW2 according to the developers.

They are using the same pricing model as single player games, the fact they are giving people Beta access for those who pre-purchased is icing and nothing else.

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

I fell in love, when I saw their manifesto.

Until then I had never cared about GW2, because I did not like how they instanced everything in GW1. But when I heard the sentence "We don't want to build the same MMO everybody else's been building.", I was like "Finally, somebody got it!". Whenever I read something like "fight epic battles against epic monsters to loot epic gear" I know, this will just be another boring grind game.

All I have heard about the features of GW2 is just exactly what I always wanted from an MMO. Furthermore, everything we have seen looks very polished already. And ArenaNet shows us a lot content. Much more than SWTOR did before release.

I know that there is always a chance that a new MMO disappoints after release. So, yes, now it is just hope and hype. But when I look back te last 10 years or so, this is the first MMO that I believe could live up to its hype.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

There are no plans to have an Open Beta for GW2 according to the developers.

They are using the same pricing model as single player games, the fact they are giving people Beta access for those who pre-purchased is icing and nothing else.

buying the game gives you *guaranteed * beta as a perk for pre-purchasing

you can get into beta weekends other ways --- fansite beta key give aways, conventions, and being randomly selected if you signup for beta  (when ANET allows signups)

EDIT: fixed my misquote

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

Originally posted by Ambros123

Originally posted by ariboersma

snip

You are not good informed my friend and if you know that GW1 was good game you should know that ArenaNet and NC Soft are behind it. No NCSoft is the PUBLISHER, ANET made the game. So not the same. the other games you listed were by NCSoft alone.

http://guildwars.com/

Best game is the game that will make you happy. 

Is it GW2 or Hello Kitty it does not matter i just dont want to belive in all the trash ppl are trying to sell me. 

Exsample:

GW2 will be f2p game. Excellente !!!!! It isn't F2P.. its B2P same as GW1.. and single player games.. you buy it once and then its free.

If the game is going to be FREE to play, why I have to pay for the game to be in their BETA to try it out????d And you ave the nerve to say I AM not informed... its beta that is a PERK for buying early.. many games do it.

Yes, you can apply to be in BETA but that is only for limited amount of ppl. Fine !!!

Let us try GW2 like 5 days before release like TERA ONLINE ppl did.veROFL Tera had beta weekends for months... like GW2 will have. They will not have a free weekend most likely because it is buy 2 play. DO single player games let you have full access to the game for days before you buy? No. At best you get a crappy little demo.

Will that happen`? Don`t think so.

TERA game OB to anyone for 4 days, and game will be with sub.

SW:TOR gave ppl free to play before release. Same as Tera

WOW - Now that is pro way how to take money !!! You sub for a year for WOW and you get some trash mount in game BUT, you get free Diablo 3 and access to early BETA for expansion. Classic, capitalistic aproach but you cant say you didn`t get something for that 1 yesr sub + you already know the game and if you are new you can play till lev 20 for FREE. WoW gave away a "free" game with a years sub because they were losing subs like wildfire.

So everyone is giving you a test run and NC Soft is not. 

Give me 50 euros and then you can try it................F* ArenaNet and F* NC Soft.

Also say F NCSoft all you want.. Tera is basically Lineage 3 and that money is to BUY THE GAME or do you not understand that?

NC SOft is the one with the money. You think Bioware ruined the SWTOR? 

My bad it is B2P not F2P, my bad,

When they put free weekend then you can say anything about it and, dont get me wrong, I am not here to prise TERA or any game, but their aproach to get me interested is totaly proffesional and good.

You have to bring me facts with that MAASIVE canceled subs.. they have ofc they did cause content is used to the core and that happened also with previous 2 expansions (I stoped playing it also cause I am not a fan of gearing up zillion alts).

Why are you telling me what TERA is..... If i like it i ll play it. Is it Lineage 3 or Tetris i realy dont care. They gave me to try their game for free for a long time not just 4 days before retail version. And game is not B2P it has sub 13 euros a month what makes them even more pro. For only that I might buy the game cause they are not afraid of ppl turning their back from the game. 

There is lot of things you dont understand, you might consider living a bit outside the box and look things from few sides. 

first off part of the issue with SWTOR was Lucas Arts and then Biowares poor choice of writers.. then add in EA's recent greed trend and THAT is why SWTOR is a failure and you cannot compare it to ANet and NCSoft who cannot be accused of any of that(when you compare EA to NCSoft and Anet to Bioware). The proof about WoW's canceleled subs was all over the internet.. they lost millions of subs in like 1 quarter. I brought up Tera because you did, and you hate NCSoft so much and fail to know that Tera was made by old NCSoft employees that were working on Lineage 3, stole info and art and were sued over it in Korea. So really by saying you like Tera.. you like NCSoft.

Since when did companies not play mind games with the community?  ANet does this the least if much at all compared to other companies.  Granted the game isn't playable yet to the public but BW, Trion, WoW... all of em did some serious mind games with the community.  It's called effective marketing, this is a standard trait everywhere.  Even you Capt Crunch you eat in the morning does mind games with the consumers.

But yeah... first impressions is a bitch, be a shame if you pass up on a potentionally great game just on the basis of an early impression.  Well hopefully you'll get past that and eventually get the game.  There is no sub fee and ANet designed the game where one can pick it up and drop it as they want without any obligations.  GW2 I'll say you'll get the value of you money's worth.  If anything you'll be able to buy it cheap when christmas season hits whit sure they'll have some sales then.

It is they way they are doing it I dont like.

Money is not the thing cause 50 euros is not that much. 

Like other games are doing I want the same from NC Soft. As a customer I want to try it 1st then i`ll decide, if not I might buy it blindly cause other games are not good enough for me so what the hell.

But the trend now is to give players a try, weekend is fine . LAst week before retail, still fine with me. 

But if you want to sell me Fiat Panda as as an Audi 8 then you realy have to convince me in it :D

At the end both cars will take me to my office, thing is do I like the ride :D

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

when i log into mi beta acc. i clik on aacount then press download client it say (not avaliable) it been for a full day already ...am i doing somthing wrong or just need to wait more longer?

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760

Originally posted by Ambros123

snip

You are not good informed my friend and if you know that GW1 was good game you should know that ArenaNet and NC Soft are behind it. No NCSoft is the PUBLISHER, ANET made the game. So not the same. the other games you listed were by NCSoft alone.

http://guildwars.com/

Best game is the game that will make you happy. 

Is it GW2 or Hello Kitty it does not matter i just dont want to belive in all the trash ppl are trying to sell me. 

Exsample:

GW2 will be f2p game. Excellente !!!!! It isn't F2P.. its B2P same as GW1.. and single player games.. you buy it once and then its free.

If the game is going to be FREE to play, why I have to pay for the game to be in their BETA to try it out????d And you ave the nerve to say I AM not informed... its beta that is a PERK for buying early.. many games do it.

Yes, you can apply to be in BETA but that is only for limited amount of ppl. Fine !!!

Let us try GW2 like 5 days before release like TERA ONLINE ppl did.veROFL Tera had beta weekends for months... like GW2 will have. They will not have a free weekend most likely because it is buy 2 play. DO single player games let you have full access to the game for days before you buy? No. At best you get a crappy little demo.

Will that happen`? Don`t think so.

TERA game OB to anyone for 4 days, and game will be with sub.

SW:TOR gave ppl free to play before release. Same as Tera

WOW - Now that is pro way how to take money !!! You sub for a year for WOW and you get some trash mount in game BUT, you get free Diablo 3 and access to early BETA for expansion. Classic, capitalistic aproach but you cant say you didn`t get something for that 1 yesr sub + you already know the game and if you are new you can play till lev 20 for FREE. WoW gave away a "free" game with a years sub because they were losing subs like wildfire.

So everyone is giving you a test run and NC Soft is not. 

Give me 50 euros and then you can try it................F* ArenaNet and F* NC Soft.

Also say F NCSoft all you want.. Tera is basically Lineage 3 and that money is to BUY THE GAME or do you not understand that?

NC SOft is the one with the money. You think Bioware ruined the SWTOR? 

My bad it is B2P not F2P, my bad,

When they put free weekend then you can say anything about it and, dont get me wrong, I am not here to prise TERA or any game, but their aproach to get me interested is totaly proffesional and good.

You have to bring me facts with that MAASIVE canceled subs.. they have ofc they did cause content is used to the core and that happened also with previous 2 expansions (I stoped playing it also cause I am not a fan of gearing up zillion alts).

Why are you telling me what TERA is..... If i like it i ll play it. Is it Lineage 3 or Tetris i realy dont care. They gave me to try their game for free for a long time not just 4 days before retail version. And game is not B2P it has sub 13 euros a month what makes them even more pro. For only that I might buy the game cause they are not afraid of ppl turning their back from the game. 

There is lot of things you dont understand, you might consider living a bit outside the box and look things from few sides. 

first off part of the issue with SWTOR was Lucas Arts and then Biowares poor choice of writers.. then add in EA's recent greed trend and THAT is why SWTOR is a failure and you cannot compare it to ANet and NCSoft who cannot be accused of any of that(when you compare EA to NCSoft and Anet to Bioware). The proof about WoW's canceleled subs was all over the internet.. they lost millions of subs in like 1 quarter. I brought up Tera because you did, and you hate NCSoft so much and fail to know that Tera was made by old NCSoft employees that were working on Lineage 3, stole info and art and were sued over it in Korea. So really by saying you like Tera.. you like NCSoft.

Since when did companies not play mind games with the community?  ANet does this the least if much at all compared to other companies.  Granted the game isn't playable yet to the public but BW, Trion, WoW... all of em did some serious mind games with the community.  It's called effective marketing, this is a standard trait everywhere.  Even you Capt Crunch you eat in the morning does mind games with the consumers.

But yeah... first impressions is a bitch, be a shame if you pass up on a potentionally great game just on the basis of an early impression.  Well hopefully you'll get past that and eventually get the game.  There is no sub fee and ANet designed the game where one can pick it up and drop it as they want without any obligations.  GW2 I'll say you'll get the value of you money's worth.  If anything you'll be able to buy it cheap when christmas season hits whit sure they'll have some sales then.

It is they way they are doing it I dont like.

Money is not the thing cause 50 euros is not that much. 

Like other games are doing I want the same from NC Soft. As a customer I want to try it 1st then i`ll decide, if not I might buy it blindly cause other games are not good enough for me so what the hell.

But the trend now is to give players a try, weekend is fine . LAst week before retail, still fine with me. 

But if you want to sell me Fiat Panda as as an Audi 8 then you realy have to convince me in it :D

At the end both cars will take me to my office, thing is do I like the ride :D

you might just have to wait until one of yur friends says it's safe to buy.  i don't think there will be a free trial before launch.  why should there be?

I've got the straight edge.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Originally posted by MMOExposed

I wonder what the community will be like on this forum after GW2 release.

kinda scary actually.

Care to elaborate?

I can see by your join date you're not new around here, considering that, why would he need to elaborate? But if you must know; essentially the more hyped a game has been around here, the worse forums for it get after release. Considering the hype levels at this time it's a good bet things will not be pretty around here.

The joined today postings haven't even begun to start yet.

Not to mention that large group of people who seem to follow every release, sure the game will be the second coming and in turn flood the forums with rants over and over about their bloated expectations not being met.

There's also those who seem ignorant to software development as a whole and will flood forums with the word failnet because there are some issues.

Launch time is a proverbial nightmare for moderators, but it also can make for good entertainment. I'll bring the popcorn.

I  disagree and i don't think anyone following mmorpg or any game forums but the offical, with a shred of honesty and integrity would agree with that premise.

Its right before release  right before, during and right after (sometimes there is a week break) the "closed" or headstart", "open beta" where most people get to play that the forums blow up. Not at release, other than the /i cannot log in, / waiting in line posts, which are more about how they handle beta release then the game itself and that you pointed out (tho if you seen what anet is doing it revolutionary for games, you pick a server if its full you play on a cloned instance of that server until there is room on the other one, hopefully this will just be used on big release dates and at launch).

Why do the forums blow up before, its easy people see more of the game , more people have closed / limited beta played the game and are like listen this game is wack (fanbois rush in to defend etc.) or this game has this going for it (h8ters rush in to attack). Because now people have hands on experince and to be honest we WANT TO INFLUENCE OTHERS ORT AT LEAST MITIGATE THE INFLUENCE OF THE OPPSING SIDE. Thats reality and thats humanity (and for the better, life forms without this reaction die).

Use TOR as an example, people blew up on the forums a bout a month out with the pay to play beta looming, and higher number of closed beta members. People were crying jump ship, dis game da best, and other (like me) correctly assesing the game as a single player game in an mmo (flawed game design) all of this recived hate and still will, but more than for the above pointed out reason. (Also people being invested in a game also plays a role).  But you can go into the TOR forums atm and make those same agruments and many people will react the same, but for most players i feel we accept the short comings of that game.

The same is true of WAR you can do this for that game also.

The real sad aspect of this debate is its largely rhetoric. I have strongly defended GW2 to Fanboi lengths when CORRECT. Like atm people continually are typing this Bull***** about the cash shop. There are no grounds for it and well from the leaks its totally fine, by any measure. But thats what we are stuck on because some h8ter who doesn't really care thinks it will get people to quit or make the game look bad.  This when there are REAL FLAWS IN GW2.

I have also agrued aginst Gw2 quite strongly for the massive flaws it has made (no one ever really says anything, maybe its just the h8ters who are unreasonable)

But one is the class system, its shit. Lets be honest combat might be good, the abilities might work well, but the class system is shit. Ill triple down on it come back 3 month after gold and you'll agree.  Why ? Simple its Simple. Anet made this wonderful game that allows all to work together, no groups required , etc. Then they removed the primary reason to group benifits from other classes with abilities to do things you cannot. They replaced this with the combo system (which is cool, but not as imporant or as nearly as strong driver for cooperation). Thats a flaw. had they done all that they did and keep actual ROLEs in the game for classes the insentive to group and community of play would be top notch. Now it will be solo an d duo if you have a friend. Thats reality.  Furthermore, ROLEs provided great incentives to re-roll / play alts to experince very different gameplay, which in GW2 will be to do the same stuff just with different abilities. Its a flaw a lessing of game diversity and dynamic. I may seem more appealing to a casua, but that appeal doesn't last even to them.

Another flaw is the itemization which is far to poor. Honestly, think fo a good game most of them have great itemization. There is a reason for this. I am not saying it has to make wowesk item treadmills, but better harder to get equipment that makes you stronger is a bonus to a game (the lack of it is a flaw, i undertsand gw2 has items that make you stronger, i also undertsand they are super easy to get endgame, you'll have this system while leveling but end game its gone). Now a good solution for this would be to have say every new dungeon / x-pack , large DLC, etc. have maybe one or two items that offer marginal upgrades. Its better your strong, but it doesn't break the game (you must have that weapon/ ring/etc). DAOC did this until TOA (really only the artifact weaposn and a few other were the issue, but they should not have been soo strong). Giving people strong better items to obtain is great making them totally outclass (you have them you win) the last best is not.

Well thast my 500000 cents, in reguard to when i knew i would try GW2 .. when they acctually tried something different in an mmo.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by brody71

you might just have to wait until one of yur friends says it's safe to buy.  i don't think there will be a free trial before launch.  why should there be?

There isn't heck i don't remmeber the last AAA mmo with a free open beta. Guess tor had one if you signed up previously for 3 days .

Tera had one?

well good before that it seemed pretty rare to me.

IDC reguardless. If you cannot gather if you may enjoy the game from watchign videos i doubt you could from playing it for a day or 2.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• ZezdaZezda Member UncommonPosts: 686

Originally posted by Jetrpg

I  disagree and i don't think anyone following mmorpg or any game forums but the offical, with a shred of honesty and integrity would agree with that premise.

Its right before release  right before, during and right after (sometimes there is a week break) the "closed" or headstart", "open beta" where most people get to play that the forums blow up. Not at release, other than the /i cannot log in, / waiting in line posts, which are more about how they handle beta release then the game itself and that you pointed out (tho if you seen what anet is doing it revolutionary for games, you pick a server if its full you play on a cloned instance of that server until there is room on the other one, hopefully this will just be used on big release dates and at launch).

Why do the forums blow up before, its easy people see more of the game , more people have closed / limited beta played the game and are like listen this game is wack (fanbois rush in to defend etc.) or this game has this going for it (h8ters rush in to attack). Because now people have hands on experince and to be honest we WANT TO INFLUENCE OTHERS ORT AT LEAST MITIGATE THE INFLUENCE OF THE OPPSING SIDE. Thats reality and thats humanity (and for the better, life forms without this reaction die).

Use TOR as an example, people blew up on the forums a bout a month out with the pay to play beta looming, and higher number of closed beta members. People were crying jump ship, dis game da best, and other (like me) correctly assesing the game as a single player game in an mmo (flawed game design) all of this recived hate and still will, but more than for the above pointed out reason. (Also people being invested in a game also plays a role).  But you can go into the TOR forums atm and make those same agruments and many people will react the same, but for most players i feel we accept the short comings of that game.

The same is true of WAR you can do this for that game also.

The real sad aspect of this debate is its largely rhetoric. I have strongly defended GW2 to Fanboi lengths when CORRECT. Like atm people continually are typing this Bull***** about the cash shop. There are no grounds for it and well from the leaks its totally fine, by any measure. But thats what we are stuck on because some h8ter who doesn't really care thinks it will get people to quit or make the game look bad.  This when there are REAL FLAWS IN GW2.

I have also agrued aginst Gw2 quite strongly for the massive flaws it has made (no one ever really says anything, maybe its just the h8ters who are unreasonable)

But one is the class system, its shit. Lets be honest combat might be good, the abilities might work well, but the class system is shit. Ill triple down on it come back 3 month after gold and you'll agree.  Why ? Simple its Simple. Anet made this wonderful game that allows all to work together, no groups required , etc. Then they removed the primary reason to group benifits from other classes with abilities to do things you cannot. They replaced this with the combo system (which is cool, but not as imporant or as nearly as strong driver for cooperation). Thats a flaw. had they done all that they did and keep actual ROLEs in the game for classes the insentive to group and community of play would be top notch. Now it will be solo an d duo if you have a friend. Thats reality.  Furthermore, ROLEs provided great incentives to re-roll / play alts to experince very different gameplay, which in GW2 will be to do the same stuff just with different abilities. Its a flaw a lessing of game diversity and dynamic. I may seem more appealing to a casua, but that appeal doesn't last even to them.

Another flaw is the itemization which is far to poor. Honestly, think fo a good game most of them have great itemization. There is a reason for this. I am not saying it has to make wowesk item treadmills, but better harder to get equipment that makes you stronger is a bonus to a game (the lack of it is a flaw, i undertsand gw2 has items that make you stronger, i also undertsand they are super easy to get endgame, you'll have this system while leveling but end game its gone). Now a good solution for this would be to have say every new dungeon / x-pack , large DLC, etc. have maybe one or two items that offer marginal upgrades. Its better your strong, but it doesn't break the game (you must have that weapon/ ring/etc). DAOC did this until TOA (really only the artifact weaposn and a few other were the issue, but they should not have been soo strong). Giving people strong better items to obtain is great making them totally outclass (you have them you win) the last best is not.

Well thast my 500000 cents, in reguard to when i knew i would try GW2 .. when they acctually tried something different in an mmo.

I first of all want to thank you for your post as it was well worded and thought out.

I would like to disagree with you on the issue of Itemization and Class roles, however.

Due to the game itself being so different in so many matters we cannot use previous examples of other games as a baseline to wether class roles or itemization has been done good or bad until we have extensively played the game itself.

The feel of an MMO and indeed each of the ways it implements core mechanics and gameplay revolve around each other. You can't tack on a class system or item system from one game into another willy-nilly since it has an obscene butterfly effect throughout the rest of the game. It's also the main reason why trying to balance MMO's is so difficult. I have sat down and thought a lot about the systems in place for GW2 and I honestly believe that the way they have things at the moment may not be 'The best ever' but it is indeed hard to think of changes that could be made that would not impact other areas of the game. If you changed the way they do Itemization then it affects all stages of content. It affects the structured PvP, it affects balancing skills, it affects WvW, it affects Dungeon and Dynamic Event difficulty and subsequently the way in which it is implemented and run. You can account for that and change things to suit but then you need to make sure you account for the changes implemented in each of those things, it produces an almost endless list of changes and checking that need to be carried out. By the time you are done the game might not even be similar to what you started with anymore.

The systems in use in GW2 at the moment seem to be very supportive of each other and I think the one thing that will become apparent to people as they play the game is that the game is greater than the sum of it's parts. I could be wrong on that but from what I have seen so far I don't believe we have seen an MMO that has such meticulous attention to detail and has the entire game fit together and support itself so well. It is that one thing that changes things and turns a game from simply being 'good' to being 'One of the best ever'. When I look back and think of all the amazing games I played in the past these games didn't simply have one thing that was amazing and then be mediocre in everything else. These games all had one thing in common and that was that the entire game was simply amazing.

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Originally posted by dadante666

when i log into mi beta acc. i clik on aacount then press download client it say (not avaliable) it been for a full day already ...am i doing somthing wrong or just need to wait more longer?

You are doing something wrong.

The download link isn't available through your account page it is through the forums.  Here is the direct link

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Getting-Started/page/1

Or is that isn't working for you try the direct link to the download

http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• MeleagarMeleagar Member Posts: 407

"But one is the class system, its shit."

"Another flaw is the itemization which is far to poor."

Funny, the only reason a lot of us - including me - bought and are going to play this game is for the very things that you call "flaws". If there was standard gear-grind end-game raiding, and a standard holy trinity class system, we wouldn't bother.  The game that does those things right - WoW - already exists. I dont want to play an MMO that does those things right; I want a game that doesn't have those things at all.

I didn't have any particular moment when I knew I would love GW2, it was largely built over several events. First was the developer's manifesto. That gave me hope. Reading about their abandonment of the holy trinity piqued my interest. Their claim that the end game begins at level 1 roused my excitement.  Their inclusion of WvWvW in the old Alterac Valley style triggered joy. Then watching video after video provided by beta players that verified all of those things is what  finalized the deal for me.

If GW2 ever reverts to standard MMO fare, I'm gone.

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

I have been skeptical because I was not really into GW1. I think though that was mainly because it didn't really play like a MMO and because I got in so late. Folks were playing on that third edition already and I was on the first. Granted I know you can leap to any I don't like to approach my games, books, movies in that fashion. I like going in order and I love lore so I was well behind.

But as I kept playing swtor (and still am) I began to realize that already I am logging in and not amped for it. To have that feeling this early was a bad sign to me and told me this is only a placeholder game for me and that it is not home. It didn't have a world I wanted to immerse myself in and I was growing weary of some of the same ol' mechanics we see all the time. So watched some vids guys here posted when I asked about exploration and that was game over. So the guys here sold me on it. Pre-purchased and ready to go. Hoping to finally find a home for my gaming like I did with WoW for like 7 years or whatever it is and FFXI for a few years too.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Ironic when people start shit and turn around as if they are victims.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Honestly, the community of GW2 has been the biggest turn off so far. Even larger than the Cash Shop mess.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man.. that has to the funniest post I've read on this website for a long time.. a long long time.

'I was a very popular person on the GW2G forum'

This must be the forum where all your rubbish gets posted then judging from your history of starting troll-bait threads on here and then dissapearing.

I rarely have anything good to say about MMOExposed and I can probably count on one finger, the number of times of agreed with him (if that).  That said, the GW2G forums were pretty damned awful and I'm sure, did a lot of damage to the community's image.  The kind of stuff that went on over there was enough to drive me away and I'm as hardcore a supporter as it gets when it comes to GW2.  At least here, you only need to worry about other users jumping down your throat for posts they don't like.  At Guru, it was also the moderators.  Definitely made for a poisonous environment.

People bitch about the community like it's one contiguous blob of fanboi frenzy.  But much of it depends on where you go and who you talk to, like most communities.  It also helps that when you walk into someone else's home, you don't track mud all over the floor and piss on the furniture.  I think the most vociferous complainers also make the worst house guests.  In other words, they reap what they sew.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by CalmOceans

Originally posted by engellen

"the moment i knew for sure would be my future long term mmo was about 2 hours ago when i completely deleted GW2 off of my pc."

Already made your next post so you don't have to. <3

meanie lol

But I can so see it happening.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by Quixote

GW2 is probably the first MMO I have seen where most of the hype is created by players themselves with little to no actual hype from the developer, which perhaps is even scarier.

What in hells bells are you talking about?  What?  You're going to need to explain yourself with that one because its so incredibly *** backwards I dont even know where to start.  Horrible. 

The development team is extremely vocal.  Youtube is chalk full of videos and explanations.  There is information galor already and this coming weekends beta is NDA lifted.  How many games have you seen that have no release date, yet let closed Beta players live stream and SHOW what they are doing?  Huh? 

You obviously have just been barely following this game.  Or you would know better.  Not to mention this information is VERY easy to stumble upon just by accident.  Just type in Guild Wars 2 on youtube.  Its easy. 

GW2 fans arent hyped.  We're excited about what we've seen.  You know, the tons of actual gameplay and the detailed explanation giving through videos of whats going on online.  Explaining everything from the class skills to combat, to dynamic events to just about everything. 

You have NO clue what you are talking about.  Im sorry. 

Trust me,, you havnt seen the rage of the Guild Wars 2 Hype storm.

I was a very popular person on the GW2G forum, because I use to post my ideas and my honest view points of what GW2 would be. (keep in mind, this was before even the first trailer came out, so little info was even out there, and everybody was speculating)

I was bashed big time. Many people here may already know who I was over on that forum before I got banned.

there was a lot of hype. The community was worst that Warhammer prerelease community.

Maybe that's why I am so critical and bitter towards that Guild Wars 2 community, because the way I was treated.

Funny, I got perma banned there for reporting a troll that was attacking me. The mod JR banned me, but told me in a email I could make a new account, but I was blocked from posting on the new account. Lol wow. The other person that were attacking me, got nothing.

I even remember a trolling Mod call me a troll, after I disagreed with one of his post that said WoW has bad lore. Lol. He said, that anybody that doesn't think WoW has terrible lore, must be a troll. I call him out on that, and another mod deleted the post, and sent me a PM, after telling him it was wrong for a Mod to label anybody a troll for liking World of Warcraft.

they did nothing to that mod. Then I see that same mod over on the Wiki, which we got into it, so I just left there as well.

Honestly, the community of GW2 has been the biggest turn off so far. Even larger than the Cash Shop mess.

Honestly, you start shit with a lot of people and you know it. God forbid you try to act like you don't. I'll just pretend you don't though.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

I predict, and you can all call me out on this if I'm wrong, that the biggest gripe with the game this weekend will be from people not able to login. Every MMO beta has had this issue but hey at least Anet knows that there will be queues after you login and they had the brilliant idea to make overflow servers. Who knows, they may have figured out a way to get everybody logged in even when they get hit with 100,000 login requests at the same time lol. Now, will there be problems? Yes of course, it's a beta after all, betas exist for people to FIND problems, but as far as the game itself, there won't be a huge backlash like there was with swtor.

I fell in love when I read the manifesto. I was bored to death with the standard themepark gear grind at max level crap. I played WoW for 7 years, why would I play any other game that just copies WoW when I can just play WoW?

GW2 will succeed because it is changing just about every MMO convention we're been using for so long.

To the people saying GW2 will be just like GW1, please educate yourselves, you have no clue what GW2 is about, you clearly have not read anything about GW2. At least go to Anet's site and read their GW2 manifesto. That will open your eyes. And to this MMOexposed guy, the only that is exposed every time you post, is your total ignorance about GW2. Please be a man and come back here and apologize to us all on Monday. I have a feeling you won't though.

• Originally posted by MMOExposed

I got banned.

You got banned because in the GW2 forums they have more advanced rules for conduct. :)

Just sayin'. You bash at everyone and everything when it suits you, so you have to accept that at some point some forum isn't gonna take your stuff.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

I don't know exactly "the second i knew i would love gw2" yet, maybe after the first beta.
    Until right now it's "the second i think i knew i would love gw2".

Themepark games of late are made for the instance Tier / gating grinder. I'm not one of them by heart but due to lack of alternatives.

Common landscape PVE had zero Progress in those games. All progress is gear (item) bound and the only way to progress was instance / raid grinding. Everything else was just a waste of time in terms of progressing.

Rift started out as a bit more open with the well "RIFTS" but pretty early on tier gating and instance raid grinding utterly made the rifts a sidekick with some essences for your belt.

Tera? Well westernization, BOA mechanics made random bam grinding pointless. Nexus (similar to rifts - rifts) is too clutched at endgame only.

SWTOR is a instance / raid tier grinder by the book.

So GW2 is probably better suiting for the crowd like me wo just want's to jump into the game and progress a little with little time or hard grind out at World PVP without the itemgrind with pvp item stats.

Well if world events and world pvp work out now in beta, then it's "the second i knew i would love gw2".

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

Without having played gw2 and only seeing the few gameplay videos from the media beta i was recently turned on to gw2 only in the past month or two.

after being one of the wounded victims of Swtor and thinking for a few months that i would not have an mmo to enjoy for quite sometime gw2 saved me.

the moment i knew for sure gw2 would be my future long term mmo was about 2 hours ago when i completely deleted WoW off of my pc.

wow has not been deleted off my hardrive in over 5 years.

Your'ew a brave dude, though I quit long ago I havent deleted WoW... I will have to very soon. I have more than enough space to keep it but it's pointless now. I still have WoW, FFXI and Aion on hard drive but never play any of them, crazy.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Without having played gw2 and only seeing the few gameplay videos from the media beta i was recently turned on to gw2 only in the past month or two.

after being one of the wounded victims of Swtor and thinking for a few months that i would not have an mmo to enjoy for quite sometime gw2 saved me.

the moment i knew for sure gw2 would be my future long term mmo was about 2 hours ago when i completely deleted WoW off of my pc.

wow has not been deleted off my hardrive in over 5 years.

Same experience for me!  I found out about GW2 in January 2012.  Lost interest in SWTOR after 30 days.   Have been trying/playing older MMOs which are good but showing their age.

The moment I knew GW2 would be future long term is when I saw the french 18minute exploration video.  Saw everything I was looking for.

I just deleted SWTOR off my HDD and clicked the unsub last night.  Been wrangling with that decision for a few months.  Always thinking "it could get better" - Now it doesnt matter.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Originally posted by heartless

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Voiidiin

That statement is flat out wrong. 

I would call the CGi, and the advertising campaigns pre-release as developer/publisher HYPE, something not done until April 10th by ANet.

The community was up in arms until and after release about how bad the game was in the closed beta's, and how the beta testers were flat out ignored. This was swept under the rug by Bioware, and the huge SWTOR campaign to buy buy buy was implemented.

Am I the only person who actually enjoyed those trailers?

I liked them. BioWare should've scrapped the whole game and created a full featured CGI Star Wars movie.

LOL, totally agree.

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

When they announced non-trinity gameplay.

It was that easy.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

The WvsWvsW is what interests me. It looks a lot like DAOC RvR. Whether it turns out to be on par or equal to the pre New Frontiers days, we'll see. I honestly hope so, I've been waiting so long for a good RvR, massive pvp battle. The closest I've gotten to it was Planetside, I'll definately be watching Planetside 2.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot