Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another returning player but what have i done in the past?

Domy1Domy1 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Just returned after 3 or 4 yr break is there any way i can see what i have actually done?

Got all 4 campaigns and can only see PRIMARY quests for EotN, am sure i haven't completed all campaigns i think only prophercies I actually completed but I can see I have a lot of the maps opened.

Anyway to see exactly what I have done and what i need to do? Mainly needed because there are certain heros I want to unlock like Margrid in Nightfall.

At present am trying to use wiki and other sites to slowly find missions to see if there are any that are available

Comments

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

You can try looking at your map in each region of the game. Look for the flashing area markers and you may be able to pick up the primary quest chain that way. Also look for a mission marker that has NO swords or whatever. You will need to do that one to continue with that part of the game.

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Domy1

Anyway to see exactly what I have done and what i need to do? Mainly needed because there are certain heros I want to unlock like Margrid in Nightfall.        At present am trying to use wiki and other sites to slowly find missions to see if there are any that are available

the nightfall hero's you already own are a clue to a progression too

do you have Masters of Whispers as a hero?  (the necro)

if so, will need to finish the entire nightfall campaign     (magrid and whispers was a choice you had to make)

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by Nadia

Anyway to see exactly what I have done and what i need to do? Mainly needed because there are certain heros I want to unlock like Margrid in Nightfall.        At present am trying to use wiki and other sites to slowly find missions to see if there are any that are available

the nightfall hero's you already own are a clue to a progression too

do you have Masters of Whispers as a hero?  (the necro)

if so, will need to finish the entire nightfall campaign     (magrid and whispers was a choice you had to make)

good point. There are 2 other pairs of hero's in Nightfall to check for. Goren or Norgu and Jin or Sousuke.

As to my earlier suggestions, a mission marker without swords would be flashing anyway probably so it's a fair bet that's where you need to be. Also if you can't see a mission marker flashing then look for the last mission marker you did with at least 1 sword/whatever going across it and search the towns etc around it looking for a follow on quest.

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Just returned after 3 or 4 yr break is there any way i can see what i have actually done?

Got all 4 campaigns and can only see PRIMARY quests for EotN, am sure i haven't completed all campaigns i think only prophercies I actually completed but I can see I have a lot of the maps opened.

Anyway to see exactly what I have done and what i need to do? Mainly needed because there are certain heros I want to unlock like Margrid in Nightfall.

At present am trying to use wiki and other sites to slowly find missions to see if there are any that are available

Very very good question. This game can be pretty overwhelming to get used to again.

There's actually a number of ways to check progression.

1) Quest log as you know

2) Titles (Hero of Cantha / Kryta / Tyria shows that you've beaten each campaign)

3) Map, how much of the map is unlocked.

Now, if you've started each of the campaigns, and you're primary quest is empty on some of them, chances are you finished them but don't remember doing so. I'm not sure it's possible to lose a primary quest, as there's no gap between quests. Finishing one primary quest gives you the next all the way until you beat the last boss.

Something that may also help is looking through secondary quests. This may help give you an idea of what areas you were in last time you played. Not fool-proof, but would be a decent starting point.

Honestly, the best thing you could probably do would be to trace the steps of the primary campaign via the Wiki (after checking your titles to make sure you haven't already beaten them). You could also check your Hall of Monuments for your progress as well.

Hope you figure it out. I recently started playing again myself, if you need help ingame lemme know.

• Domy1Domy1 Member UncommonPosts: 46

Thanks for all excellent replies and advice

I do already have master of whispers so looks like i will have to complete campaign (which is ok am having fun)

My only query now is WHERE has my primary quests gone in log

I have found an area in nightfall not fully explored and at least one more town with quest not even uncovered comparing my map to wiki

Thanks again

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

You probably didn't pick up the next one after finishing the last one you finished. Just check which missions you have finished and then check the wiki on what you're supposed to do next.